Gailey Not Behoven to Anyone

Owen

Head Coach Gailey will pick the Best Players to make the 53 man roster. He owes NO allengience to any player.

Factors such as contracts, age, position, favorites of other coaches will play NO factor in deciding who will make the roster.

This is a rebuilding year to get the best players on this team as possible. I believe there will be some interesting cuts before the season begins. A trade or two might even be seen. This is a year to give younger players experience and to give the older more experienced players a chance to see if they belong. Nix showed us in the draft and free agency he is about to change the way the Bills look on the field. He can not do it all in one draft or off season. His predecessors were terrible selecting talent. (Primarily Levy and Jauron) Gailey now needs to take all the talent given to him by Nix and make it all work with cohevsiveness. Hard job to do, but he is up to it. I believe he will have a free hand picking the players on his team and we might see some old timers from last year cut for new blood.. I hope so...

We are going to have to live with the QBs now on the roster for one year. If they do not come through the Bills will have at least 4 top flight QBs to pick from next year.... Clausen and McCoy are warm weather QBs. Not right for the Bills cold weather. I am glad Nix chose to build other aspects of the team and take our chanches with the QBs now on the team for at least one more year. We are not going anywhere anyway...

I'm down wit dat!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I believe that Gailey will be a huge improvement, this argument can be applied to any head coaching change. There have been plenty of players that have been cut under these circumstances that have indeed been surprises. It's rarely who you keep as opposed to who you get to replace them.

I think you can add Evans to that list.

Evans is the all-time leading Bills receiver up to this point in his career compared with other players thru the same time period in their careers....I know he didn't have a great season last year, but this is a HOF caliber WR being wasted by horrible QB'ing...

the dude was open on a lot more plays then he was thrown the ball on...

Behoven?

I knew I heard the word, or a close one somewhere.

Luke 2:46...

"And said onto them, Thus is is written, and thus it is behoved Christ to suffer, and rise from the dead on the third day:"

Our poster Owen deserves no umbrage.

i believe the word is Betrothed or perhaps betrothen, although that is not really a word according to the dictionary...

I'm reasonably sure the poster was shooting for "beholden."

Butcha never know......

Head Coach Gailey will pick the Best Players to make the 53 man roster. He owes NO allengience to any player.

Factors such as contracts, age, position, favorites of other coaches will play NO factor in deciding who will make the roster.

I wish I could agree with you, but I doubt if any coach has complete autonomy and the Bills have one of the top five meddling owners. Contracts definitely are influential. The Bills do not outbid other teams for elite players when attempting to make trades or sign free agents. In fact, the team also has an unsettling history during the last fifteen years, by letting their top players leave when they are due for that "fat contract," and failing to attract elite coaches.

Nix and Gailey may be capable, but the Wilson factor will doom them to being just the latest three year staff members. That cycle will not change until the team is sold.

I knew I heard the word, or a close one somewhere.

Luke 2:46...

"And said onto them, Thus is is written, and thus it is behoved Christ to suffer, and rise from the dead on the third day:"

Our poster Owen deserves no umbrage.

SOMEone should be crucyxfied!