Cushing wins re-vote

Ok, I know some of you are slow so I've quoted the appropriate posts to show how dense you are. PLEASE READ ALL OF THE POSTS! ESPECIALLY THE BOLDED PARTS!! IF YOU STILL DON'T GET IT GO BACK AND REREAD THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL IT SINKS IN.

AP writers didn't vote they only tabulated the votes!! The AP only tabulated the votes from other writers!!!

The AP only gives out the ballots and then they tabulate the votes. 'Nuff said.

No, not enough said. They allowed a cheater to be eligible for the award, they are as guilty as the people that voted for Cushing!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely disapointed John. Shame on the AP for voting for a cheater. I will have to explain to my daughter why we don't read the AP, "because they give awards to cheaters".

Even this guy can understand that AP writers don't vote for the players.

The AP didn't vote. Read what John wrote and don't blame the AP. Look up the voters and how they voted and blame them if you want, but don't blame the organizers of the vote.

:D

Hey John, say whatever you want I am not the one that condones cheating. Sorry you lost all credibilty today! Obviously you have no other defense than to critique my grammar!

Why don't you go write an article for that "mickey mouse" organization!

It seems at this point it still hasn't sunk in. Big surprise.

I will boycott reading several publications. I plan on writing ESPN about Berman's "yes" vote.

If the AP decides to change its view when it comes to cheating(if your caught cheating no awards) I will change my view of the publication.

Main Entry: den·si·ty

Pronunciation: \ˈden(t)-sə-tē\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural den·si·ties

Date: 1598

1 : the quality or state of being dense

2 : the quantity per unit volume, unit area, or unit length: as a : the mass of a substance per unit volume b : the distribution of a quantity (as mass, electricity, or energy) per unit usually of space (as length, area, or volume) c : the average number of individuals or units per space unit <a population density of 500 per square mile> <a housing density of 10 houses per acre>

3 a : the degree of opacity of a translucent medium b : the common logarithm of the opacity

YES an bunch of spineless jellyfish, that have NO regards for the rules.....The guy is a CHEATER...END OF STORY... unless your one of the 18 AP writers that doesn't care about winning at ANY COST. I only hope the name of these slugs come out.

AP voting is a joke.....and they are a joke after giving a CHEATER an AWARD for CHEATING...period.

Anyone trying to defend this is WRONG pure and simple....

AP writers don't vote on the award they only submit the ballots and then tabulate the results!!! :thumbsup:

I am not going to agrue with someone that calls himself Captain caveman! LOL!

Wow, you have cajones if you think you're qualified to put anyone down.

Not to detract from the baby seal clubbing, but in my mind, these writers lost any standing to write about personal or professional misconduct of any player in the future.

I don't usually like slippery slope arguments so I am not at all in favor of what these guys are saying. I think it validates the cheating regardless of how rampant it may or may not be. Bouchette's argument, however principled, is just ridiculous. But the worst, it seems to me, are the two guys that voted for Orakpo first that voted for some other non-cheater this time. WTF? I guess that validates the other guys principled stance that we can't re-vote because we can't stop ourselves from voting for different players. I'd like to hear that explanation. I don't get it at all.

Hey Johnny Boy you wrote for twice! Not good grammar for someone from the AP!

It wad the AP's decision to allow Cushing on the ballot! Why did they allow that John?

You don't understand the concept that if the AP changes the ballot, or decides to take his name off the ballot, they are influencing the vote, and therefore putting themselves politically into the equation? But by simply keeping the same ballot they are remaining completely neutral and allowing the voters to vote their conscience? The way they are supposed to be?

Do you get that guys?

Why did they put a cheater on the ballot?

Nope.

Your organiztion decided to have a re-vote with Cushing on the ballot. I understand you can't critisize your employer, but your staunch opinion on this matter is really pathetic

Still hasn't sunk in.

You didn't answer my question? Why did the AP put a proven cheater on the ballot?

:beer:

Look, JW didn't vote and didn't condone cheating! He merely said the AP was within its right to re-poll the NON-AP writers for a recount. Those writers were wrong, but the AP wasn't and JW shouldn't be beat up by people like you that won't read the damn facts! People like you ran off Tim Graham from our board, so back the Hell off and think before you write.

What he said. :D The AP decided that they didn't think he won the award justly so they re-opened the vote. The AP is actually taking a stand by re-opening the vote. They are the good guys. The guys who voted for him are the bad guys.

The dumbest 17 people in sports! and so what big deal no AP writers it's still an AP award and they should have not allowed it.

I'll say it again, it's wrong and these 17 dummies below are WRONG

Don Banks, Sports Illustrated.com

Bob Berger, Sporting News Radio

Chris Berman, ESPN

Steve Cohen, Sirius Satellite Radio

Frank Cooney, SportsXChange

Mark Craig, Minneapolis Star Tribune

Tom Curran, Comcast Sportsnet

Vinny Ditrani, The Record

Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News

Paul Gutierrez, Sacramento Bee

Clark Judge, CBSSports.com

John McClain, Houston Chronicle

Gary Myers, New York Daily News

Danny O'Neil, Seattle Times

Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com

Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

Charean Williams Fort Worth Star-Telegram

There were actually 18.

Geez, everyone just get off of JW's case will you?? John and the AP weren't responsible for the outcome of the vote. How much clearer can this be? The sun and the moon must be aligned just right today because too many people seem to be in an arguementative mood. We and Byrd all know he deserved more votes than he got. He got stiffed and it sucks. What's more important for the Bills is that he makes an even bigger impact this coming season. Award or no award, we seem to have a really good player in him.

Go Bills!!

:thumbsup:

Way to deflect.... Why not answer his question.

I for the record I as wrong it was AP writers... (I can admit I was wrong, Can you?)

it's an AP award and it was AP choice to put him back on the ballet. what kind of message is AP sending by giving it to someone that cheated, during the course of the year to get it????

AP is wrong; and anyone that defends giving this award to him is wrong.

I loved reading some of the reason why they still voted for the cheater though...thanks for the laugh.

Cushing is a ballerina?

Read this again;

You don't understand the concept that if the AP changes the ballot, or decides to take his name off the ballot, they are influencing the vote, and therefore putting themselves politically into the equation? But by simply keeping the same ballot they are remaining completely neutral and allowing the voters to vote their conscience? The way they are supposed to be?

After I disgreed with you started your grade school tactics becuase you know your wrong!

I believe you are the one who couldn't get it through their cavernous noggin that the AP writers don't vote on it and yet kept writing multiple posts from that ignorant standpoint. That's why JW was within his rights to start treating you like a third grader.

I wasn't aware that it was the job of these no-talent hacks to "make statements" and fight cheating in sports. But apparently it is.

I'll ask once again, how is the NFL getting a free pass here? Why is it not the NFL's job to fight cheating in their own sport, and actually suspend an offending player within a reasonable amount of time of his offense?

What if the Texans made the playoffs, went to the Super Bowl, and Cushing was voted the MVP after a huge performance in leading Houston to victory??? Would that award be revoked? Would the Super Bowl be revoked?

The NFL dragged their feet here. The AP even issuing a re-vote was a mistake, nobody really cares about these awards.

By the way, Offensive ROY Percy Harvin failed a drug test at the combine. Marijuana. What kind of message is this for the children??? Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! REVOTE!!!

Marijuana has never enhanced anyone's performance.

No, not enough said. They allowed a cheater to be eligible for the award, they are as guilty as the people that voted for Cushing!

Read it, think about it, read it again, think about it (repeat). Do not lather yourself. :D

Then don't rip people that believe cheaters shouldn't win awards!

I am extremely disapointed John. Shame on the AP for voting for a cheater. I will have to explain to my daughter why we don't read the AP, "because they give awards to cheaters".

Your first post in this thread. Post # 52 when it has already been revealed that the AP does not vote. Read the thread before you jump to conclusions. If you got bashed after that, well you deserve it.

Then he shouldn't be a journalist. Facts are that the AP decided to revote and allow Cushing to be eligible for the award. Sorry chico, cheaters should not be eligible to win awards when they cheated to get the award.

Try to stay focused here. I realize that you are being bashed from all sides. I included my original point to assist you. What does that have to do with my response? I tell you that you screwed up, made a rookie mistake (commenting without reading a thread before responding) and you deserve a bashing after that. Your response is to bash him? You're not terribly good at this are you?

"Guilty" of what? Of having an opinion you disagree with?

Even this guy can understand that AP writers don't vote for the players.

It seems at this point it still hasn't sunk in. Big surprise.

Main Entry: den·si·ty

Pronunciation: \ˈden(t)-sə-tē\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural den·si·ties

Date: 1598

1 : the quality or state of being dense

2 : the quantity per unit volume, unit area, or unit length: as a : the mass of a substance per unit volume b : the distribution of a quantity (as mass, electricity, or energy) per unit usually of space (as length, area, or volume) c : the average number of individuals or units per space unit <a population density of 500 per square mile> <a housing density of 10 houses per acre>

3 a : the degree of opacity of a translucent medium b : the common logarithm of the opacity

AP writers don't vote on the award they only submit the ballots and then tabulate the results!!! :thumbsup:

Wow, you have cajones if you think you're qualified to put anyone down.

You should look up a word "Morals" you have none.

Would you give Tony Mandrich ROY award? I bet you would becuase you probably have no athletic ability, and you would juice yourself up to get ahead. Shut up, and go get a moral compass.

I don't usually like slippery slope arguments so I am not at all in favor of what these guys are saying. I think it validates the cheating regardless of how rampant it may or may not be. Bouchette's argument, however principled, is just ridiculous. But the worst, it seems to me, are the two guys that voted for Orakpo first that voted for some other non-cheater this time. WTF? I guess that validates the other guys principled stance that we can't re-vote because we can't stop ourselves from voting for different players. I'd like to hear that explanation. I don't get it at all.

The explanations were a bit odd and may have had greater validity if he was caught doing something other than illegally enhancing his performance to be better than his peers.

Your first post in this thread. Post # 52 when it has already been revealed that the AP does not vote. Read the thread before you jump to conclusions. If you got bashed after that, well you deserve it.

Try to stay focused here. I realize that you are being bashed from all sides. I included my original point to assist you. What does that have to do with my response? I tell you that you screwed up, made a rookie mistake (commenting without reading a thread before responding) and you deserve a bashing after that. Your response is to bash him? You're not terribly good at this are you?

Sorry I don't spend all of my time on here. You are on here all the time and wonder why you are a virgin.

Would you give Tony Mandrich ROY award? I bet you would becuase you probably have no athletic ability, and you would juice yourself up to get ahead. Shut up, and go get a moral compass.

Go back and reread all of my posts. Try to find a place where I said I thought Cushing should get the award again. Hint: You won't find it.

Sorry I don't spend all of my time on here. You are on here all the time and wonder why you are a virgin.

Uh-oh Booster he's got your number! You've just been burned by...ummm...wait you haven't been burned at all. Never mind. :D

Billsfan=pain

Total Cumulative Posts 392

( 5 per day)

Booster4324

Total Cumulative Posts 3,383

( 2.3 per day)

You are angry at all the wrong people. You should boycott the NFL. They allow players who fail a drug test to play a full season. If the league suspended him in a timely fashion, he wouldn't have been eligible for the ROY.

Instead, you're mad at 18 writers who vote for some meaningless award, and you're mad at Bills fans here. You're wasting your energy on a school night.

Another reason to blame the writers and not the AP. There really are a lot of sides to this story. My personal view is that he didn't deserve it if he was caught cheating in that year. I'm not sure Byrd deserved it either, even though he was extraordinary in pass defense for 3/4 of the season.

Oh, I wasn't blaming the AP. jw made it crystal clear that they merely called for a re-vote, despite some people (ahem) having trouble with that concept. :D