Obama to name Kagan for high court

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I did not to intend to imply that I am somehow the arbiter of eternal life or damnation.

Hmm, probably another miscommunication, but Matthew is not talking about being an actual arbiter. He is talking about even forming the opinion that someone is bound for Hell (at least, IMO he was referring to a host of sins).

Not a problem, it's a heated topic. I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong, it happens. And just to be clear: I'm not for the government banning homosexuality. That's just irrational and won't happen. What I am opposed to is government interfering in the God-ordained institution of marraige. If gays want to be legally joined, let the secular authorities do it under some other term. Marraiges should be handled by the church, not the state, whether or not it's heterosecual or homosexual.

What if I don't believe in god and have no desire to set foot in a church can I get married or are you going to force me to be married by the church?

What if I don't believe in god and have no desire to set foot in a church can I get married or are you going to force me to be married by the church?

Well they can try, but when you burst into flames as you enter the door, you should not have to go through with it...

Thanks. I did not to intend to imply that I am somehow the arbiter of eternal life or damnation.

While I dont really believe or agree with everything you say, I see your point and except it. Giving **** to you over your opinion is, well, very small.

And I think you're wrong about her being on the bench for 20 years. You're looking at 30 to 35 and maybe a cheif justice when its all said and done.

Not good.

I may sig that.

Dont kid yourself. I'd be the first one to call out an idiot, maybe second. Tom usually has that covered before I get there. Joe has a core belief that I can respect, as he' shown for a long time here. He's a good poster.

Unlike posters like...........should I name them? WBF? pBills? Big Cat? Of course there's connor too. Pasta Joe? EII? I could go on, on both sides, but Joe is not one of them.

And there's always Chef Jim.

Dont kid yourself. I'd be the first one to call out an idiot, maybe second. Tom usually has that covered before I get there. Joe has a core belief that I can respect, as he' shown for a long time here. He's a good poster.

Unlike posters like...........should I name them? WBF? pBills? Big Cat? Of course there's connor too. Pasta Joe? EII? I could go on, on both sides, but Joe is not one of them.

Just messing with you. Not saying that post might not pop back up at some point. :thumbsup:

I do not have an issue with Joe. I get that he has strong beliefs. I never try to mess with a person's religion (or the bitter atheists for that matter) too much to be honest. There is a valid point in that verse though, it might apply somewhat to gays, but I am fairly sure it really applies to judging others chance of Heaven and Hell unless you are free of sin yourself.

<_<:D:lol::(:P:thumbsup:

To Joe, marriage only counts in his church (Catholic maybe?). Outside that church, you can't call it marriage.

Cage-Fight! Chef and Bluesky. Place your bets, place your bets.

No way, he's the only guy on these boards I've gotten drunk with.

Wait, he also made me take a cab home, which was tough seeing I didn't know where I was or where I was going.

Ok, IT"S ON MOTHER !@#$ER!!!

What a shock that this gay discussion turned into a circle jerk.

.......and you as usual.....leading the crusade. carry on. Its entertaning.

It's not as much fun now that Bill from NYC and I are buddies though. I had my finest moments in these discussions back then.

At least I've got JSP to kick around.

It's not as much fun now that Bill from NYC and I are buddies though. I had my finest moments in these discussions back then.

At least I've got JSP to kick around.

:thumbsup:

You're not kicking me around. I welcome your singleminded devotion to your belief no matter how misguided it might be.

:thumbsup:

You're not kicking me around. I welcome your singleminded devotion to your belief no matter how misguided it might be.

Are you the same guy who said a few yrs ago that organized religion is for suckers?