Prediction for the AFC East 2010

Yeah, I know its May. None of this really matters or is entirely relavant. But then again, it IS May and we CAN do this. I've been reading that alot of experts think the Bills will be god awful this year. Maybe, maybe...

I mean, we really did not have a very good draft. We've done virtually nothing in free-agency, while all of the other East teams have seemingly bulked up. "What it do" went to the Jets, along with Santonio Holmes and Jason Taylor. And, if I'm a Jets fan, I'm saying, "I like that call...that's a very good call".

The Pats seemingly had about 5 picks in each round of the draft and are starting to get younger and more atheletic in all the right places.

The fins brought in who is one of the best receivers in the game today, Brandon Marshall. However, the loss of Joey Porter and J.T. isn't going to do them any favors, and, the starting QB is still a little unproven.

Here's how I see it shaking down:

New England: 11-5

NY Jets: 10-6

Buffalo: 8-8

Miami: 5-11

That being said, I think the winner of the QB race this offseason will be Brian Brohm. I don't think the 8-8 record will be because of his involvement, but lack there of. Chan Gailey has always used the run-to-set-up-the-pass mentality. And Buffalo does have some serious tools in Jackson, Lynch, and now C.J. And I don't care what the experts say, with the addition of Dwan Edwards and moving Maybin to OLB, this D will be one of the best in the league next year. I really believe we're on our way back.

Yeah, I know its May. None of this really matters or is entirely relavant. But then again, it IS May and we CAN do this. I've been reading that alot of experts think the Bills will be god awful this year. Maybe, maybe...

I mean, we really did not have a very good draft. We've done virtually nothing in free-agency, while all of the other East teams have seemingly bulked up. "What it do" went to the Jets, along with Santonio Holmes and Jason Taylor. And, if I'm a Jets fan, I'm saying, "I like that call...that's a very good call".

The Pats seemingly had about 5 picks in each round of the draft and are starting to get younger and more atheletic in all the right places.

The fins brought in who is one of the best receivers in the game today, Brandon Marshall. However, the loss of Joey Porter and J.T. isn't going to do them any favors, and, the starting QB is still a little unproven.

Here's how I see it shaking down:

New England: 11-5

NY Jets: 10-6

Buffalo: 8-8

Miami: 5-11

That being said, I think the winner of the QB race this offseason will be Brian Brohm. I don't think the 8-8 record will be because of his involvement, but lack there of. Chan Gailey has always used the run-to-set-up-the-pass mentality. And Buffalo does have some serious tools in Jackson, Lynch, and now C.J. And I don't care what the experts say, with the addition of Dwan Edwards and moving Maybin to OLB, this D will be one of the best in the league next year. I really believe we're on our way back.

Bills: 10-6

Jets: 10-6

Pats: 8-8

Dolphins: 5-11

While the Bills have whiffed on the big draft picks I think we have done well with the lesser ones. We actually have some talent on this team. The problem is they have not been coached well. That changes with Chan. I think the Bills will surprise people.

PTR

The Jets are going to disappoint sorely. 8-8. They may start fast, but it looks to me like a bad chemistry experiment.

I have no good idea about the rest of the division. Barring injuries, I think the Bills will win more than last year.

I am thinking that NE is going to disappoint a lot of people. Their defense has been less than stellar and their offense isn't the same when Welker isn't on it. So if his injury keeps him off the field, they shouldn't be anywhere near their top form.

NY is going to be a boom or bust. They are either going to make it to the super bowl or they are going to just lose control. A lot of people are comparing them to the raiders or skins with their FA... but they seem more like the cowboys. They have a lot of talent, but chemestry will be the key. If they don't have that, the team will be a mess. Also the jets changed up their running game, which was their only offense last year. They lost their stud guard and their 2 top RBs.... so if they can recreate that running game with these new additions, then they probably wont have much of an offense.

Miami.... they should be fairly consistant, but I don't think they have what it takes to make it passed the wildcard round. The addition of Marshall is really the only dangerous thing they added, but granted, it is a dangerous one.

Bills are too much of a questionmark. They suck every year, so it is safe to say they will suck again this year. But there are too many changes that I can't write them off yet. New front office, new coaches, new 3-4 scheme, lord knows what will come of us. And to be honest, if we at least go 8-8, I will like the direction we are going in. And if we go 6-10 like last year, I will be disappointed. I know people think we are only going to win 4 games at most, but I don't believe it. Every year people make jokes this time of year that we are going to get the 1st overall pick, we are going to win like 2 games, etc.... and every year, there are a handful of teams that are MUCH worse than us. For those people that think teams like the rams and bucs are going to be better than us, that just doesn't seem probably.

And as for the division we face in? Sure, all three of them seem to have an edge on us. But we beat both the NYJ and MIA last year. And we "sucked" last year. So even if we suck this year, I say we can still win a couple of division games. And if we improve, maybe 3 or more.

For the life of me I have no idea why most of you think the Dolphins will be last in the AFC EAST. They don't have a rookie head coach who is running two brand new schemes and has a ton of college assistants under him that he needs to train along with all the players.

I'm not going to predict the final season rankings just yet as free agency isn't over yet, and "IF" the Bills do acquire Jared Gaither it could change everything.

NE is STILL the team to beat in this division, Brady had a very un-Brady like year last season due to his injured knee...and they still won the division.

The Jets and Dolphins will duke it out for the WC. I would think that whichever QB develops the quickest will have the better team, Henne or Snachez.

Quit kidding yourselves guys.. the Bills will be lucky to get 6 wins. We still don't have a QB yet. Next year may be the year for a massive improvment.

Yeah. We will be lucky to have everything go as well as last year. We need to quit kidding ourselves to think there is any reason to think that this team might be able to win more games than last year's train wreck. Granted we didn't have any injuries last year or coaching problems. I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. It took four tries to not win 7 games, so with all the potential improvements of this team it would take the us being "lucky" to get to 6 wins.

I think this year could break a lot of different ways, and I don't think we will win the Super Bowl this year, so it is a building block that if 5-11 or 9-7 it's okay with me as long as we are moving in the right direction. But I don't think we are blowing up what we had and mailing it in this year, and I don't think our talent and coaching is worse than 7-9 Mauron's reign, so I don't think 6 wins is a stretch or lucky.

Might sound stupid but I don't care if we make the playoffs this year. I just want to see a competitive team. I don't want to see a team that goes into the fourth quarter with a 13 point lead and you know they're going to lose. I don't want to lose 6-3 with an opposing QB who completes 2 of 17. I want to know that the O is going to score 20...at least!!!Damn....lets be competive for once....and lets make the Ralph hell for the opponents...for a reason..