After 5 seconds of video from the first mini camp

I would say both. 5 seconds of video and no pads.

I do share you enthusiasm and I hope Brohm and develop. Let wait until we see them scrimmage in pads, then play in preseason before we get too excited.

Did you see Trent throw out the first pitch of that Blue Jays game???I'm Just sayin...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who taught at Stanford -- including Stanford football players -- let's just say that I strongly disagree with your assessment, both with regard to admissions generally and with regard to Trent's admittance specifically. I don't recall if Trent was his high school's valedictorian, but he did graduate with a 3.9 gpa and scored an 1130 on his SATs.

That said, I do share your reservations about Trent as the starting QB for the Bills.

I didnt mean any dissrespect to Stanford, a school I strongly respect and almost went to. But, I can attest that I have a few close friends who played ball at Stanford who are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed and will be the first to tell you personally. They over came their academic short comings with incredible hard work, but they are not what they would call naturally intellectual.

My only point is that a highly recruited football player such as Trent, isnt necessairly going to be "smarter" than others just because he went to Stanford. Lets be real, you dont have to me smarter than everyone else to achieve in school if you put the work in.

None of this is really relevent anyway in a discussion about intelligence on a football field. High IQ doesnt equate to high game IQ in the NFL anyway. And low IQ doesnt mean you are not a smart NFL player on game day either...And Trent has shown very poor decision making thus far and has shown very very poor field vision thus far. So, he could rival Stephen Hawking on an IQ test for all I care, its his game smarts that are relevant here and he has been lacking thus far through his career. Maybe he puts it all together, who knows, just going off what he has shown on the field thus far.

Although I disagree with Russ 'em about Trent pushing the ball, I agree about Brohm.

When I watched the video (before seeing this thread) it jumped out to me as well...

I thought, "Wow, Brohm throws a beautiful ball." Sure its only rookie camp, and no pads,

and 5 secs of footage or whatever, etc., etc. but don't kill the guy just for stating the obvious.

Watch the video, it's a pretty looking ball in the air.

I'm not a Brohm die-harder...my assumption of late was that Trent would win back the

starter's job. I just don't think Fitz is the answer and don't think he really has a shot at

the job and I didn't know enough about Brohm to have confidence to think he could come

out and win the job...but throw the rookie in and some coaching and I'm starting to get excited

about this QB competition and how it will turn out. Hopefully they all get better, but one guy

really comes on to seize the job.

And did you see the Trent TRX video...he's working hard too...

http://www.sportsfanshopdeals.com/trent-ed...k-trx-training/

I'm not confident we have a franchise quaterback on hand, but I am confident that Chan

will make all of these guys better and he'll put the best one out there on Sundays.

The 6" distance between the QBs ears is more important than throwing motion, IMO. I seem to recall quite a few first round busts who could throw beautiful 60-yrds spirals from their knees when wearing shorts...

Who is Jarcus Russell?