UVa Lacrosse Murder

Lacrosse is such a small time sport, though. Other than a few regions - CNY and LI in NYS, and the Mid-Atlantic, as far I know, nobody really pays attention to that. It would be the same as some water polo thing at Cal or something.

If it was a point guard at UVA who did this, it would get more publicity, whether the guard was black or white.........I personally think this is getting a ton of publicity (obviously). But, you think it would get more if the lacrosse player was black?

BTW, this guy's family is pretty prominent in the DC area. Tony Kornheiser knows his father and a bunch of the other family members. They belong to his country club.......But, he still talked about it quite a bit this week.

Fair points all around. I still think it would be different if it was a black guy but your points are well taken.

It's not a bigger story because lacrosse is a niche sport, not become of the race of the perp and victim. But keep bowing and scraping to your PC master that insist on trying to create racial issues where they don't exist.

So the media is not only racist, but it's also sportist.

I have zero respect for anyone who lives in a "state" that elected Sarah Palin to be governor. :thumbsup:

Most people have zero respect for anyone that would make a statement as stupid as that one.

Thanks for coming in to be a douche in a conversation that was civil. You add a lot here tough guy.

KD was the first to be a "douche' in a "civil" conversation? Look close, these posts are time stamped.

Tragic, but other than it involving lacrosse players it is a standard run of the mill domestic violence death. Thousands of them every year. Every one is terrible, but hardly major news. The UV/ athletics part is the only thing making this particular tragedy something that new outlets will pay attention to.

Just got my Sports Illustrated...........Guess what the lead story is?

From that lead story:

Streets that had been lined only with azaleas and rhododendrons were choked with television satellite trucks. Every outlet from ESPN to Inside Edition had arrived in pastoral Virginia to report a heartbreaking story that blended sports, privilege, love and death.

All those satellite trucks, and nobody talking about it - strange?

Dammit - now it's on cnn.com's front page - front and center huge picture. I'm trying to get away from the story, so I don't keep coming back here..............When I surf I usually check espn, cnn and aol. I'm just going to say it's on aol's front page without looking, just to save time.

Dammit - now it's on cnn.com's front page - front and center huge picture. I'm trying to get away from the story, so I don't keep coming back here..............When I surf I usually check espn, cnn and aol. I'm just going to say it's on aol's front page without looking, just to save time.

Haha. You are you even arguing with now?

And due to all the snail mail, typewriters, and telegraphs being used nowadays, props for only taking 2 weeks for the national media to pick up on this!!! :doh:

Haha. You are you even arguing with now?

And due to all the snail mail, typewriters, and telegraphs being used nowadays, props for only taking 2 weeks for the national media to pick up on this!!! :doh:

I just got a fax about it! :flirt: (I'm not even sure what that emoticon means, but I wanted to use it!)