Buddy Buddy Buddy, Nix Nix Nix..

Buddy's older than dirt, been in the NFL a long time, I agree with him , but wtf do I know, I've been rooting for a loser for 50 years!! :wallbash::pirate: GO BILLS! This is our year! 8-8!

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...7c-ed175fc43900

:rolleyes:

Nix says;...“The point I’m trying to make is that those guys that are in the draft we see them do all those things, but we don’t know how they’re going to handle adversity in the NFL. We’ve got three that are here that are the same way. So why not see if they can do it? That was our thinking.”

We Bills fans can take issue with that statement, in that we have already seen if "they" can do it, and "they" can't. Trent can't feel the pocket closing in around him, can't stay healthy, and can't throw the ball down the field. Fitzy can't do any of those things much better then Trent, and as a bonus, he has a worse arm. And Brian Brohm was already Colt McCoy a couple years ago, highly rated coming out of college and drafted in the 2nd round to compete for the Packers starting job or at least take over the Packers back up job after Favre was traded. His only competition in training camp for two straight years was a 7th round after thought, and both years he lost out to that guy for the 3rd spot, until the Bills signed him off the Packers scrap heap.

So what Nix and Gailey are really saying is, we know better then all of you Bills fans, and we are good enough to make a starter out of these three, so shut up already.

Ok, then, this is not a Buddy-bash post, since every time I question the guy, his defenders come out in force out here. All I'm saying is Gailey had better be every bit the offensive wiz some make him out to be with these three guys. :P

Nix says;...“The point I’m trying to make is that those guys that are in the draft we see them do all those things, but we don’t know how they’re going to handle adversity in the NFL. We’ve got three that are here that are the same way. So why not see if they can do it? That was our thinking.”

We Bills fans can take issue with that statement, in that we have already seen if "they" can do it, and "they" can't. Trent can't feel the pocket closing in around him, can't stay healthy, and can't throw the ball down the field. Fitzy can't do any of those things much better then Trent, and as a bonus, he has a worse arm. And Brian Brohm was already Colt McCoy a couple years ago, highly rated coming out of college and drafted in the 2nd round to compete for the Packers starting job or at least take over the Packers back up job after Favre was traded. His only competition in training camp for two straight years was a 7th round after thought, and both years he lost out to that guy for the 3rd spot, until the Bills signed him off the Packers scrap heap.

So what Nix and Gailey are really saying is, we know better then all of you Bills fans, and we are good enough to make a starter out of these three, so shut up already.

Ok, then, this is not a Buddy-bash post, since every time I question the guy, his defenders come out in force out here. All I'm saying is Gailey had better be every bit the offensive wiz some make him out to be with these three guys. :rolleyes:

I mean, they DO work in the NFL for a living - how many people on TBD do? I trust their opinion of who can and can't do what over yours or most others on here...

Ok, then, this is not a Buddy-bash post, since every time I question the guy, his defenders come out in force out here. All I'm saying is Gailey had better be every bit the offensive wiz some make him out to be with these three guys. :rolleyes:

Does this offend you? Do you think that you know more about player evaluation and the players on this team from watching the team on Sundays, than they do from being around the players on a daily basis? They get paid a pretty penny to eat, drink, live Buffalo Bills football - you don't. Therefore, I think it is safe to assume that they DO know better than Bills fans. Er, at least they should.

Does this offend you? Do you think that you know more about player evaluation and the players on this team from watching the team on Sundays, than they do from being around the players on a daily basis?

NFL teams looking to fill front office positions are avidly recruiting from fan MBs, even as we speak...

Does this offend you? Do you think that you know more about player evaluation and the players on this team from watching the team on Sundays, than they do from being around the players on a daily basis? They get paid a pretty penny to eat, drink, live Buffalo Bills football - you don't. Therefore, I think it is safe to assume that they DO know better than Bills fans. Er, at least they should.

Well that's great news then! That means that Nix is confident that Chan will convert one of those 3 QB's into one good NFL caliber starter. One that throw about 10 - 15 more TD's then Ints's, complete at least 60% of his passes, and be able to either hold onto 4th quarter leads, or lead the Bills to 4th quarter comebacks. And Chan will be able to accomplish this feat, with basically the same OL that DJ and Fewell suffered with last season.

Yes sir, I'm sure glad Buddy and Chan get paid plenty to eat, drink and live Bills football, because they have one hell of a job ahead of them coming up this season. :rolleyes:

Edwards "can make all the throws???" What film have you been watching Buddy? :)

there is a difference between having the ability to do something and actually doing it. If you watch the games you can see he does have the arm to make the throws, the problem is he doesn't do it.

I am not sure what board you have been posting and reading.

There is no Bills fan consensus on the QB situation. There are vehement Trent haters and apologists/supporters who believe a decent line will propel him to great success. The opinion on Brohm ranges from 4th string QB at best to the second coming of Jim Kelly...

The only nearly unanimous conclusion I have seen is Fitz won’t be the guy…

My guess is they probably felt like they need to evaluate the situation with their own expertise, sort of like the draft, instead of deciding with a fan straw poll.

Well that's great news then! That means that Nix is confident that Chan will convert one of those 3 QB's into one good NFL caliber starter. One that throw about 10 - 15 more TD's then Ints's, complete at least 60% of his passes, and be able to either hold onto 4th quarter leads, or lead the Bills to 4th quarter comebacks. And Chan will be able to accomplish this feat, with basically the same OL that DJ and Fewell suffered with last season.Yes sir, I'm sure glad Buddy and Chan get paid plenty to eat, drink and live Bills football, because they have one hell of a job ahead of them coming up this season. :)

let's hope it's a five player line and not 11 different lineman who only play one or two games together and aren't changing positions.

I really think this is all just talk from Buddy. This year's draft was 1 QB deep and the rest just amounted to more of the same for us. So he's saying the guys we have can do the job because we are rebuilding (I know, when haven't we been the last 10 years?) and we're going to ride out this year. And in the process we'll try to assemble an OL that will be able to protect whomever is back there. Next year's draft is said to have 3 good QB's and we should have a good shot at getting one of them and hopefully have a decent OL to go with him.