For all you Ralph haters

rjg1993

the past few months theres been a lot of ralphy junior bashing going on the TBD walls. Im just wondering why? why does every say he's mr. moneybags? If its about the fact that we havent signed a big free agent in the past few years (with the exception of T.O. but i would rather forget he ever existed), there's a strong ideology in football that you dont build your team around nomad free agents, you build through the draft. I think we can all agree that this is true and that the draft is what is important for building a team.

and if Ralph Wilson was all about the money, he would definitely draft differently. ways to save money in the draft: draft low income positions (safety, Guard, Center, DL, TE), avoid high income players (QB, cornerback, RB, WR, LT), and trade down. In the bills' last 15 1st rounders, 10 of them have been either a QB, cornerback, RB, WR, or LT, including a QB and WR in the same first round in 2004. and they have only traded up in that time period. never down.

one more thing, tagliabue and goodell have been dying for a team to play in Los Angeles. its hard to imagine they didnt put the pressure on Ralph to pack his bags and head for So Cal. but Wilson stuck with the city despite the crappy economy. lets be honest, its a horrible business move. but Ralph is still here doing his best.

so why all the negative garbage being thrown at him the last few months?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how you clowns all circle up the wagons and turn a deaf ear to the only one making any sense in this thread.

Cool clubhouse and stuff, but yeah, Ralph is terrible. He is a laughing stock around the league. He is literally decomposing before our very eyes, all whilst running the team into the ground.

Doesn't it make you want to puke a little bit in your mouth every time Ralphie tells us how the only reason we are so pathetically bad is because of bad luck?

The good teams, run by solid owners and management, do not rely on luck to be proven, consistent winners. They have smart, hungry people running the operations.

We are a joke. Dollarcoin tells it like it is, and I know that stings a bit. Makes your heart hurt and stuff that the Bills, who you love so very very much, are pathetic and frankly doomed to consistent failure.

But it's true.

Keep stuffing your fingers in your ears and humming really loudly, and maybe we'll get LUCKY enough to have one flash-in-the-pan season.

Meanwhile, the real teams will luck themselves into being consistent contenders year in and year out.

Ralph Wilson is fail.

Funny how you clowns all circle up the wagons and turn a deaf ear to the only one making any sense in this thread.

Cool clubhouse and stuff, but yeah, Ralph is terrible. He is a laughing stock around the league. He is literally decomposing before our very eyes, all whilst running the team into the ground.

Doesn't it make you want to puke a little bit in your mouth every time Ralphie tells us how the only reason we are so pathetically bad is because of bad luck?

The good teams, run by solid owners and management, do not rely on luck to be proven, consistent winners. They have smart, hungry people running the operations.

We are a joke. Dollarcoin tells it like it is, and I know that stings a bit. Makes your heart hurt and stuff that the Bills, who you love so very very much, are pathetic and frankly doomed to consistent failure.

But it's true.

Keep stuffing your fingers in your ears and humming really loudly, and maybe we'll get LUCKY enough to have one flash-in-the-pan season.

Meanwhile, the real teams will luck themselves into being consistent contenders year in and year out.

Ralph Wilson is fail.

Live in NJ and see a real owner in Woody Johnson on how to turn things around in one and now 2 years. He takes chances and goes for it.

If Ralph Wilson was only concerned about,how much money he can make with the Bills, the Bills would have been long gone.

Wrong. He took a $25k investment and watched its value rise to nearly a Billion dollars all while taking multimillion dollar salaries every year for being Team President (along with handome salaries for his wife and daughters. Not to mention the multi-million dollars in operating income he has made year after year in Buffalo while all the time crying poor. The Bills are one of the more profitable teams in the NFL but he craftily hides that behind the B.S. he spews about the bad economy and low ticket pricing. The man is making a killing and peole refuse to see it. I have not once seen documented proof of any other city willing to make him a more profitable offer. He could have sold the team to an owner willing to relocate to LA, but he has never had the chance to actually move the Bills there and maintain ownership, so that wouldn't do him any good. It would be like killing his golden goose.

The man is a shrewd businessman and I am glad that the Bills are here and have been for so long, but don't think for a second that Ralph would not have packed up the moving vans if a more lucrative opportunity existed. He has no ties to WNY and does not care about Buffalo one bit. If he did, he would have already put plans in place that would keep the team in Buffalo beyong his lifetime thus rewarding the fanbase which has given him so much. Instead, the crotchety old man spits in our faces every chance he gets.

In response I did not know that Jauron committed a crime. Second, I don't hate the man for being a bad head coach. Third, if you think about I am sure that you will find differences between owners and coaches. To voluntarily spend time and money endorsing a team where the owner is truly hated by the individual speaks more on the foolishness of the fan.

:rolleyes:

Wow what a moron.

Yes, that makes sense - pondering whether random people off the street would make a better owner.

Guess what? Random forum posters would not make good NFL quarterbacks either. Jamarcus Russel is a better QB than anyone posting on these boards. I suppose that means that no one should ever be able to criticize him, because he is better, right?

He's a lousy owner, always has been and the Bills are better off with him dead.

jw is a lot nicer than I am. Your just an A$$.

But it's true.

Ralph Wilson is fail.

'

It appears that you have an unhealthy obsession with the Bills, Ralph Wilson, and people's perceptions of the like. You think that people are clowns because they buy some jerseys, go to the games and try to have a good time? I would think that we all have more pressing concerns in REALITY than in a VIRTUAL so called community of fans. It's May and you sound as bitter and hostile as dollarcoin. You may want to follow a different team if it stresses you out so much. Just a thought.

Wrong. He took a $25k investment and watched its value rise to nearly a Billion dollars all while taking multimillion dollar salaries every year for being Team President (along with handome salaries for his wife and daughters. Not to mention the multi-million dollars in operating income he has made year after year in Buffalo while all the time crying poor. The Bills are one of the more profitable teams in the NFL but he craftily hides that behind the B.S. he spews about the bad economy and low ticket pricing. The man is making a killing and peole refuse to see it. I have not once seen documented proof of any other city willing to make him a more profitable offer. He could have sold the team to an owner willing to relocate to LA, but he has never had the chance to actually move the Bills there and maintain ownership, so that wouldn't do him any good. It would be like killing his golden goose.

The man is a shrewd businessman and I am glad that the Bills are here and have been for so long, but don't think for a second that Ralph would not have packed up the moving vans if a more lucrative opportunity existed. He has no ties to WNY and does not care about Buffalo one bit. If he did, he would have already put plans in place that would keep the team in Buffalo beyong his lifetime thus rewarding the fanbase which has given him so much. Instead, the crotchety old man spits in our faces every chance he gets.

:rolleyes:

Funny how you clowns

thanks, but i stopped reading after the "clowns" reference. if you had any points to make after that, they were completely lost on me.

please, enlighten us in this new-fangled way of making friends and winning arguments by disparaging those who might disagree with you, because i find it difficult to see how it works. generally, in the real world (the one beyond your sticky keyboard, next to the p and j sandwich your mommy made, and the poster of michael bubble you might have on your door -- hey, i'm guessing here), starting a conversation like that might lead to people turning up their noses to you or, in some cases, worse, especially if you were at a blue-collar place like the Swannie.

but seeing that you're new here, i'd like to point out that i prefer to be called a degenerate or a bastard. i'm not the makeup wearing kind.

jw

mean and way too rude, from someone who apparently has never made a mistake in his life.

there's always someone who plays that card, and i find it ugly, without any redeeming value and childish.

and, to top it off, you call people names. you have no shame.

jw

I'm ashamed to be a Bills fan, does that count?

If was to rate RW I'd put him in the bottom quarter- but less face it if we had a sharp, ambitious, loaded owner he'd move the team out of Buffalo- worry about the city and state not the team- if we ever got the city and state right we wouldn't have to worry about the team.

thanks, but i stopped reading after the "clowns" reference. if you had any points to make after that, they were completely lost on me.

please, enlighten us in this new-fangled way of making friends and winning arguments by disparaging those who might disagree with you, because i find it difficult to see how it works. generally, in the real world (the one beyond your sticky keyboard, next to the p and j sandwich your mommy made, and the poster of michael bubble you might have on your door -- hey, i'm guessing here), starting a conversation like that might lead to people turning up their noses to you or, in some cases, worse, especially if you were at a blue-collar place like the Swannie.

but seeing that you're new here, i'd like to point out that i prefer to be called a degenerate or a bastard. i'm not the makeup wearing kind.

jw

I'm in trouble. I confess to liking Michael Bubble. Am I to be mocked? In my defense I don't have a poster of him on my wall. :)

I'm in trouble. I confess to liking Michael Bubble. Am I to be mocked? In my defense I don't have a poster of him on my wall. :)

sigh, me too but I prefer michael buble (the other guy was on lawrence welk, right?). wonder what jw thinks of norah jones? trying to imagine the opposite of michael buble...maybe something like megadeath.. don't have a poster of them either

I'm in trouble. I confess to liking Michael Bubble. Am I to be mocked? In my defense I don't have a poster of him on my wall. :beer:

well, then: you're cleared. man-laws clearly draw the line at whether or not you have the poster pinned and/or purchased. :)

sigh, me too but I prefer michael buble (the other guy was on lawrence welk, right?). wonder what jw thinks of norah jones? trying to imagine the opposite of michael buble...maybe something like megadeath.. don't have a poster of them either

i've got two Norah Jones cds, both purchased from the used bin, but still purchased. i like her work with the "Little Willies" best. not really a megadeath guy.

jw

i'm probably going to step on more toes here, but would it help if i used john mayer instead? :thumbsup:

jw

Pretty amusingly hypocritical that you took such offense to the word 'clown' being disparaging, and then went on a rambling diatribe about how I live in mommy's basement eating pb&j and have no clue about the real world. Stay classy, San Diego.

But yes, you are a dummy apologist for a terrible franchise, run by a terrible owner. We all love the Bills, but come on. By any objective measure, Ralph Wilson has been one of, if not the biggest, failures as owner of an NFL team. He has gotten rich beyond any of our wildest imaginations, and will be doing everything in his power to protect that wealth. Good for him, I'd do the same thing. That does not change the fact that save for one flukey run (orchestrated by a man that he ran out of town afterwards, bringing the team right back to its old form), the Buffalo Bills have been the lovable losers of the NFL and the butt of countless jokes.

He is a penny-pinching miser, never ready to pay top dollar for top NFL coaching talent. He believes that luck is a bigger factor in the perennial failure of his teams than the caliber of the staff and players. He consistently votes with the "lunatic fringe" of NFL owners, despite being on the collective bargaining gravy train. He shipped away a good number of our home games, games that actually matter in the NFL standings, to a city that didn't even want them (for money). What other NFL team would willfully forfeit their home-field advantage for cash money?

Year in and year out we sit back while other teams in the NFL work tirelessly to better themselves through free agency. We've even started to ACCEPT the fact that we'll never bring in any proven NFL stars to help win games. Ralph even invented a new phrase - cash to the cap - to define a brand new concept in player salary savings.

But yet we deify the old codger because deep down we are all so scared that we'll lose the Bills. Deep down we know that Buffalo is a third-tier city that somehow luckboxed a NFL franchise. So we'd better not make any ripples, or else the old man will take his ball and go home.

Apparently we're even willing to swallow down decades of futility, rather than risk upsetting the apple cart. Just realize that it doesn't have to be that way. Somebody should be accountable for the failure, and that somebody sits at the top.

well, then: you're cleared. man-laws clearly draw the line at whether or not you have the poster pinned and/or purchased. :)

i've got two Norah Jones cds, both purchased from the used bin, but still purchased. i like her work with the "Little Willies" best.

i'm probably going to step on more toes here, but would it help if i used john mayer instead? :beer:

no, it wouldn't... but the Little Willies/norah jones stuff on you tube is pretty cool. wanna resell your cd's? maybe you could suggest them for next years sb halftime show.

Pretty amusingly hypocritical that you took such offense to the word 'clown' being disparaging, and then went on a rambling diatribe about how I live in mommy's basement eating pb&j and have no clue about the real world. Stay classy, San Diego.

But yes, you are a dummy apologist for a terrible franchise, run by a terrible owner. We all love the Bills, but come on. By any objective measure, Ralph Wilson has been one of, if not the biggest, failures as owner of an NFL team. He has gotten rich beyond any of our wildest imaginations, and will be doing everything in his power to protect that wealth. Good for him, I'd do the same thing. That does not change the fact that save for one flukey run (orchestrated by a man that he ran out of town afterwards, bringing the team right back to its old form), the Buffalo Bills have been the lovable losers of the NFL and the butt of countless jokes.

He is a penny-pinching miser, never ready to pay top dollar for top NFL coaching talent. He believes that luck is a bigger factor in the perennial failure of his teams than the caliber of the staff and players. He consistently votes with the "lunatic fringe" of NFL owners, despite being on the collective bargaining gravy train. He shipped away a good number of our home games, games that actually matter in the NFL standings, to a city that didn't even want them (for money). What other NFL team would willfully forfeit their home-field advantage for cash money?

Year in and year out we sit back while other teams in the NFL work tirelessly to better themselves through free agency. We've even started to ACCEPT the fact that we'll never bring in any proven NFL stars to help win games. Ralph even invented a new phrase - cash to the cap - to define a brand new concept in player salary savings.

But yet we deify the old codger because deep down we are all so scared that we'll lose the Bills. Deep down we know that Buffalo is a third-tier city that somehow luckboxed a NFL franchise. So we'd better not make any ripples, or else the old man will take his ball and go home.

Apparently we're even willing to swallow down decades of futility, rather than risk upsetting the apple cart. Just realize that it doesn't have to be that way. Somebody should be accountable for the failure, and that somebody sits at the top.

More than half the people who comment here acknowledge the obvious reality that the owner is the primary reason why the franchise is an embarrassing failure. There is no surprise that the owner has used the franchise as his personal cash cow at the expense of being competitive in a system designed for parity. Even at his very enfeebled stage of life the owner still knows how to make money off of his investment in western NY. The Bills are nothing more than that to him, a business enterprise. What is so surprising about that? He has owned the team for half a century and has run it for the most part the same way.

Many of the Ralph loyalists fear antagonizing the owner because they realize that once he decides to sell, before death or after, there is a good possibility, if not probability, that the franchise will be relocated. Does it have to be that way? Of course not. When Art Model owned the Ravens he brought in a minority owner and gave him an option to buy. When Modell was getting older and had some cash flow problems he was ready to sell. It was a seamless transition to the previously arranged new owner, Bischotti. When Wayne Huizanga tired of being an owner in the NFL he brought in a minority owner and gave him the first option to buy. When the team was sold it was an easy transition to the former minority owner. When the owner of the NBA Wizards was getting up in years he made a sale arrangement with Ted Leonsis, a minority owner. When Polin died Leonsis took over the majority stake in the team with few complications.

That is not the Ralph Wilson way. Ralph is going to auction off the team to the highest bidder, whether it is a local or outside bidder doesn't matter to him. It is simply going to the highest bidder. What does he care how the region feels toward him? He will be deceased at that point. In his view the team is his and his alone.

When Ralph was at the podium in Toronto announcing the exorbitant sale of some of his games he ridiculed the western NY market. The same market which has enriched him beyond imagination. Why should you be surprised by his low class response and sickening ingratitude? Ralph is Ralph. He is what he is and always has been.