ESPN Thoughts on Brohm when he was drafted

DarthICE

Guest dog14787
I know for a fact that a couple of them are, I talk to them all the time :thumbsup:

You also know that we have good moderation/good people and the Mods try to allow as much freedom and space as possible so why abuse the situation.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your facts - Buddy Nix was most certainly 'on the scene'. (After being employed by the Bills from 1993-2000, Nix joined John Butler in San Diego, first as Director of Pro Player Personnel, then - after Butler's death - as Asst. GM, before being rehired by the Bills as National Scout in January 2009). In fact, Nix was probably the one most responsible for acquiring Brohm - most likely as a reaction to the disaster that was Dick Jauron, particularly Jauron's naming Edwards the starter and stubbornly refusing to bring in a veteran QB to 'push' Edwards or give him any competition for the starting job).

He wasn't the GM, not the decision maker. Also, Brohm was already a pro at that time, and Nix in his position focused more on college players.

He wasn't the GM, not the decision maker. Also, Brohm was already a pro at that time, and Nix in his position focused more on college players.

I would really like to see how nix had Brohm ranked coming out of college.

Irrespective of title; of course, Nix was familar with Brohm - he would have seen his college career. And Gailey, a college coach, too would also be very aware of Brohm from college (I'm sure he was aware of college's top qbs)

I would really like to see how nix had Brohm ranked coming out of college.

Amazing - two weeks ago you were clamoring, "OMFG, the Bills MUST draft an elite QB (specifically Clausen) or we are DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!", and now, in one of the fastest 'about-faces' I've ever seen on TSW, you're a Brohm fan! :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, the incredibly prescient Senator was probably the very first on TSW to proclaim that the Bills will eschew a high-round, high-priced, unproven college QB (and probable lengthy holdout) and put their future in Brohm's hands...

Link 1 - The Incredibly Prescient Senator

Link 2 - More Senatorial Prescience

Anyway, welcome aboard - nice to have you on the Bills/Brohm Bandwagon! :D

BTW - don't know specifically how Nix had him ranked, but here's what College Football News said about BB prior to the '08 draft...

Brian Brohm, QB Louisville - The brother of former New York Jet Jeff Brohm was groomed to be a pro passer. He's as NFL ready as any quarterback prospect having been a star for his entire career. The pressure was on from day one to produce, and he did. He's not the greatest athlete and his arm is just average, but he can make the throws needed. The big issue will be his durability. While he's an abnormally quick healer, he suffered a few major injuries throughout his career and can't be counted on for a full 16-game NFL slate. He took his lumps in a disappointing senior season, at least for Louisville, and that could be a good thing; he never quit on his team during a dud year. CFN Projection: Late First Round

(link)

Amazing - two weeks ago you were clamoring, "OMFG, the Bills MUST draft an elite QB (specifically Clausen) or we are DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!", and now, in one of the fastest 'about-faces' I've ever seen on TSW, you're a Brohm fan! :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, the incredibly prescient Senator was probably the very first on TSW to proclaim that the Bills will eschew a high-round, high-priced, unproven college QB (and probable lengthy holdout) and put their future in Brohm's hands...

Link 1 - The Incredibly Prescient Senator

Link 2 - More Senatorial Prescience

Anyway, welcome aboard - nice to have you on the Bills/Brohm Bandwagon! :beer:

BTW - don't know specifically how Nix had him ranked, but here's what College Football News said about BB prior to the '08 draft...

Brian Brohm, QB Louisville - The brother of former New York Jet Jeff Brohm was groomed to be a pro passer. He's as NFL ready as any quarterback prospect having been a star for his entire career. The pressure was on from day one to produce, and he did. He's not the greatest athlete and his arm is just average, but he can make the throws needed. The big issue will be his durability. While he's an abnormally quick healer, he suffered a few major injuries throughout his career and can't be counted on for a full 16-game NFL slate. He took his lumps in a disappointing senior season, at least for Louisville, and that could be a good thing; he never quit on his team during a dud year. CFN Projection: Late First Round

(link)

LOL...I think I was the first to tell everyone we would not take a QB this year in the first half of the draft, if at all, because we already had a promising prospect in Brohm and it wouldnt make sense until we knew for sure what he could do...

There...battle lines drawn...not lets fight over who was first...lmao :D

:D

LOL...I think I was the first to tell everyone we would not take a QB this year in the first half of the draft, if at all, because we already had a promising prospect in Brohm and it wouldnt make sense until we knew for sure what he could do...

There...battle lines drawn...not lets fight over who was first...lmao :thumbsup:

:D

Nope - I called it back on Pearl Harbor Day, you hopped on the Brohm-Bandwagon only after The Incredibly Prescient Senator had already pronounced him Fanning-Fan's eventual replacement. Incontrovertible statement of fact.

(But go ahead and blow your own horn - that's always been your M.O. anyway - LMFAO :D:beer: )

I'm punting on who the quarterback should be until training camp.

The way I see it, Gailey's offense is going to be completely different from that of Jauron's, so how do we have any idea on how the quarterbacks will fare? There are *system* quarterbacks in college and the NFL.

I'm not convinced any quarterback would have been successful in Jauron's system. I think his offense was so bad, that it's difficult to compare quarterback ability based on it.

This video is a shining example of how the crap these windbags spew on ESPN is for entertainment purposes only. It's not because they really know what they are talking about.

"Brohm will be the starter in GB two years from now. Rodgers doesn't have the potential to be a big time QB" (paraphrasing).

Two years later.... Rodgers is a top level franchise QB while Brohm is a 3rd string QB.

I got a better idea...!@#$ off. Dont' open my threads, put me on ignore so you don't have to read replies. Pretty simple thing to do since I am not going to stop posting my opinion on this or any other subject. You dont' like what I post, so stop reading them.

Amazing how the simple can't figure out the simple things.

Awwwwe.... I feel so touched, like a boy in the Neverland Ranch or a Catholic Church :rolleyes:

Seriously, learn to take criticism and relax. I just find it striking how you can be so fairweather on players, it is just astounding. Sure enough, more people have called a spade a spade with you in this thread.