Short Term Pain for Long Term Gain

I love the Bills draft yesterday which I have stated in previous posts. Buddy Nix and Chain Gailey have laid the foundation for this team for LONG term success. I believe Gailey will play a lot of youngsters and let them learn. They will go through some growing pains which will probably lead to losses, however in the long run those young players will learn and become better players...the players that will hopefully lead this team back to respectability.

When something becomes stagnant and doesn't grow, it will invariably destroy itself and dies. This team has become stagnant and has finally died. It toiled in mediocrity for years and things are now going to start a new. It's probably going to look a little ugly at first, but this team will rebuild and work it's way back to being a contender again. I honestly think next year we will be lucky if we win 4 games. I can live with it knowing that in the long term, this team has a plan is going to progressively going to get better and better.

I am looking forward in a two or three years seeing this team back in the playoffs!

I love the Bills draft yesterday which I have stated in previous posts. Buddy Nix and Chain Gailey have laid the foundation for this team for LONG term success. I believe Gailey will play a lot of youngsters and let them learn. They will go through some growing pains which will probably lead to losses, however in the long run those young players will learn and become better players...the players that will hopefully lead this team back to respectability.

When something becomes stagnant and doesn't grow, it will invariably destroy itself and dies. This team has become stagnant and has finally died. It toiled in mediocrity for years and things are now going to start a new. It's probably going to look a little ugly at first, but this team will rebuild and work it's way back to being a contender again. I honestly think next year we will be lucky if we win 4 games. I can live with it knowing that in the long term, this team has a plan is going to progressively going to get better and better.

I am looking forward in a two or three years seeing this team back in the playoffs!

Our division is tough and we play,what - 8 playoff teams? It will be a tough season, but I believe we'll be a tough game for anybody, particularly in the second half of the season. I look for steady improvement.

That's great, that will bring the Bills playoff-less streak up to 12 - 13 consecutive seasons. Simply amazing. Let me ask you a question. Do you think Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey got all "gussied up" and stood up before the premium seat holders a few weeks ago and told them it should be only "2 or 3 seasons" before they sniff the playoffs again? What did that orator Buddy say: "Now, Y'all jes' keep on payin' up that big money for yer fancy seats, cuase you won't want to miss out on all the excitement 'round here in 3 short seasons." ???? :unsure:

That's great, that will bring the Bills playoff-less streak up to 12 - 13 consecutive seasons. Simply amazing. Let me ask you a question. Do you think Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey got all "gussied up" and stood up before the premium seat holders a few weeks ago and told them it should be only "2 or 3 seasons" before they sniff the playoffs again? What did that orator Buddy say: "Now, Y'all jes' keep on payin' up that big money for yer fancy seats, cuase you won't want to miss out on all the excitement 'round here in 3 short seasons." ???? :unsure:

Dude I know we haven't had anything to cheer about in a decade, but I think you're being a little negative. Most teams don't go from worst to first in a year (Miami was an exception but they over achieved). This team has a plan for once, and they are going to stick to it. They are going to build this team through the draft and take the best players available regardless of position instead of drafting for need (ala Aaron Maybin).

This team needs to lay a good foundation, and the 2010 draft is a start. We are new from the ground up other than our returning players. New GM, New Coaching Staff, new strength and conditioning department.. Probably 30% of the roster will be different. I don't expect miracles this year, just a well-disciplined team that is better in Week 17 than Week 1, and showing promise of a great future. When you blow everything up, it takes time to fix it.

The team has to hit rock bottom to get a franchise QB which is what it needs. This draft and "plan" for this year shows they know how to do that. I think the first 20 minutes of the draft next year will have the Bills on the clock and help to start turning things around.

This team has a plan for once, and they are going to stick to it.

For once? Donahoe/Williams and Mularkey didn't have a plan? Levy and Jauron didn't have a plan? They all had plans.

What happened this past week was that the Bills drafted yet another RB in round 1(3rd regime, 3rd 1st round RB), then drafted a bunch of questionable players that they hope fit another new defensive scheme. After a decade of the same mistakes over and over and over it's not really the time to be singing the praises of the same old, same old. If it works out THIS TIME.....great. But it's the same draft formula that has failed the last two regimes.

For once? Donahoe/Williams and Mularkey didn't have a plan? Levy and Jauron didn't have a plan? They all had plans.

What happened this past week was that the Bills drafted yet another RB in round 1(3rd regime, 3rd 1st round RB), then drafted a bunch of questionable players that they hope fit another new defensive scheme. After a decade of the same mistakes over and over and over it's not really the time to be singing the praises of the same old, same old. If it works out THIS TIME.....great. But it's the same draft formula that has failed the last two regimes.

Elaborate please. Your argument is intriguing but somewhat vague. What were the Donohoe/Williams/Mularey and Levy/Jauron plans? How are they similar, if not identical, to the current regime's plans. Examples and specifics, please.