I HATE this draft

Hynze

After picking a part time running back in the 1st round I believe this draft will go down as one of the worst ever for the Bills. There is not one player that I can say WOW we got this guy.

I like this draft. Spiller could be the homerun hitter we need and with Wang. I think we addressed needs and will be adding some solid players to our core.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After picking a part time running back in the 1st round I believe this draft will go down as one of the worst ever for the Bills. There is not one player that I can say WOW we got this guy.

i like this draft - stayed true to the plan - have to change the 30th in the league against the run - so many areas to address - and they started where they should - have to stop the run - not sexy but a truism in the nfl

If you thought the Bills were going to have a winning record by week six either before or after this draft, you have not been following this team with any semblance of competence either this offseason or any other offseason. We had way too many holes for this team to be a contender this year. In fact, I hope they aren't because the QB and tackle class for next year's draft is going to be much deeper than this one.

I have been going to games since 1960 i've seen this before,and I think they could have addressed their needs a little differently with higher picks for the offensive line, our 2nd rounder was a reach. Spiller is a luxury we can't afford.

Just my opinion, and as for contender they are a long way off I believe they will have a top 5 pick next year

I have been going to games since 1960 i've seen this before,and I think they could have addressed their needs a little differently with higher picks for the offensive line, our 2nd rounder was a reach. Spiller is a luxury we can't afford.

Just my opinion, and as for contender they are a long way off I believe they will have a top 5 pick next year

You don't write with the wisdom or maturity level of a sixty year old man, interesting.....

Who would you have thought was not a "reach" at 41? Cam Thomas? Linval Joseph? Clausen? The more people look at the Troupe pick, the more they are coming around. He was very productive for four years, played very well against top competition and played three downs at UCF, not two as Cody did and will in the NFL. Troupe is excellent against the run and was consistently beating double teams in college on passing downs to get to the QB. Getting the most explosive playmaker in a draft is not a luxury. It is a good pick that will instantly help the offense get better both running and passing the ball.

As to your last point, I'll agree and would have before or after the draft. They were not going to be a contender this season or next, frankly. But when a team has as many holes and questions as we do running the ball and stopping the run, getting better in those areas is never a bad thing. This was a good draft in a lot of ways, even if it wasn't the flashiest.

FWIW, not everyone is buying the "Spiller is a great every down RB" gig.

http://walterfootball.com/mattblog100423_grades.php

9. BUF: C.J. Spiller - C

You don't draft a No. 2 back this high. Spiller can't handle the load and is a finesse runner. This is way too high and Buffalo passed on some really good football players on the board.

Now I realise he is only a internet blogger and all, and I dont always agree with walterfootball, but I do in this case.

have you ever seen CJ Spiller play? Cause he is the definition of WOW

As for the other picks, we did not take big name players. we went with need. But really we wont know for 3 years

part time running back based on what? have you ever even watched Spiller play? i cant imagine you have

if you cant say wow about Spiller then you shouldnt be watching football...they also added to the front seven on defense with some size and speed

let me guess, you wanted Clausen

i think this is a very good draft

FWIW, not everyone is buying the "Spiller is a great every down RB" gig.

http://walterfootball.com/mattblog100423_grades.php

9. BUF: C.J. Spiller - C

You don't draft a No. 2 back this high. Spiller can't handle the load and is a finesse runner. This is way too high and Buffalo passed on some really good football players on the board.

Now I realise he is only a internet blogger and all, and I dont always agree with walterfootball, but I do in this case.

Wow you found a blogger that disagrees with a pic. :lol:

and also from his 1-3 rd grades

Buffalo: This is why Buffalo picks in the top 12 every year. Torrell Troup isn't ready to start. Alex Carrington is a bit of a project. They drafted a situational running back when they don't have much of an offensive line or nose tackle. How many games is Buffalo going to win with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm and Trent Edwards? This draft was an absolute joke and this team isn't going anywhere. I encourage all Buffalo fans to riot at Bills headquarters tomorrow. This was a pathetic performance and we will see over the next two years why it was such a terrible draft. Spiller's occasional playmaking ability saves this from an "F" grade.

Grade: D-

Think about this post when we come to the bye week in week 6 and we are 0-5

You really expect all of the players from this year's draft to be immediate impact players? C'mon, are you serious? You will not be able to get a true grade from this draft this coming season. I can tell you this, I lived in South Carolina, I am not a Clemson fan but I can say WOW, CJ Spiller is amazing!!!

And I should care about what Walter says because....??????

He's an internet blogger (I'll give him credit for being smart enough to make 100K/year for doing it) and only 25 years old. My Whammy Weenie is older than that. I have Bills underwear older than he is. And I should give a rat's azz about what he has to say!!!

:lol: HAIL BUDDY!! Walter...not so much. :lol: