Bills Now a "B" Team in the Grand Scheme

Mark VI

" DB should start now, with our 100-1 playoff chance still alive. "

That was my first sentence after saying Losman should start.  Thanks for using my thread for a rambling, pointless diatribe. You can now return to the PPP board.

138481[/snapback]

:w00t::doh::lol:

Let Drew play as long as he wins,

first game he loses, he sits. :lol:

This is the regular season, not training camp.  I am not paying to watch somebody practice.  I am paying to see them play football games.  I am not ready to turn over the entire team to some guy who has spent the better part of the season in a track suit fetching Gatorade, not when we are 5-6 with 5 games left.  How do you look any player on the team in the face and tell him to risk injury and work his butt off on the field while you care so little about actually winning you are going to put in a guy at QB for the sake of "developing" him for next year?

The only reason anyone should be on the field in a game is because he is the best at his position.  Period.

138214[/snapback]

What in the name of God are you talking about, Mickey? Losman? He never said we should put Losman in NOW. He's talking about things we need to do to graduate to the next level. He even said Drew should stay in as long as things are going as they are going.

If you're gonna respond, read...don't skim.

The reason most rookie QBs need a year or two to be groomed is because the team they play on stinks and they need everything right going for them. Big Ben stepped into a great situation with veteran coaches, two strong RBs and good receivers, along with a healthy, great line and a defense that is playing well, too. JP could easily QB the Bills right now because we have a great defense and very good to great special teams, plus some talent at RB and WR. He doesn't need to win games and take over the team by himself, he needs to not suck and to get first downs and put a few point up on the board when the opportunity presents itself. Just what we are asking Drew to do. JP could do that right now if his leg is healthy. Drew may be the slightly better option thius week, although it is close.

The priorities as I see them are :

1. OL - We need a road grader at C to allow us to jettison Teague's contract. We also need a LT to replace Jennings when he leaves or a RT to replace Williams when he moves to LT.

The OL will determine if the transition from Drew to JP is a smooth one. It will also help if we can continue to run the ball with Willis to take the pressure off JP next year.

2. DT - Pat Williams has lost a step, Sam Adams isn't getting any younger and Edwards, Bannon et al are not the answer. If a can't miss DT drops in the first round I believe we must trade up and draft him (2nd rounder and TH?) because we can upgrade the position as well as give us the ability to drop a big money contract.

3. CB - I feel that Troy Vincent is going to be our FS for a couple of years so what we really need is another big-time CB. Not sure how we will get that in next year's draft so we could be seeing a full year of McGee out there until we can grab one in the 2006 draft.

4. WR - We need to replace Eric Moulds sooner than later. I'd sign a free agent rather than use a draft pick and I'd do it next season if Moulds won't restructure.

The priorities as I see them are :

1. OL - We need a road grader at C to allow us to jettison Teague's contract. We also need a LT to replace Jennings when he leaves or a RT to replace Williams when he moves to LT.

The OL will determine if the transition from Drew to JP is a smooth one. It will also help if we can continue to run the ball with Willis to take the pressure off JP next year.

2. DT - Pat Williams has lost a step, Sam Adams isn't getting any younger and Edwards, Bannon et al are not the answer. If a can't miss DT drops in the first round I believe we must trade up and draft him (2nd rounder and TH?) because we can upgrade the position as well as give us the ability to drop a big money contract.

3. CB - I feel that Troy Vincent is going to be our FS for a couple of years so what we really need is another big-time CB. Not sure how we will get that in next year's draft so we could be seeing a full year of McGee out there until we can grab one in the 2006 draft.

4. WR - We need to replace Eric Moulds sooner than later. I'd sign a free agent rather than use a draft pick and I'd do it next season if Moulds won't restructure.

I agree with road grader Center. I'd like this guy to be a Free Agent, and not a can't miss Rookie. Let us take rookies this April who are the BPA at positions we DON'T need immediate help, such as an eventual replacement for Moulds, Fletcher, etc.

First of all....to get the bledsoe thing out of the way....I am very happy for him that he is playing better.....I am happy that people are off his back.....it is as I have always thought....when he gets time in the pocket.....a running game that will grind out first downs....and receivers dont drop balls....he can facilitate the offense..

But we will NEVER see a Super Bowl with Drew at quarterback....it just is not going to happen....why....because we can beat all the jets, seahawks, miami, yada yada yada we want.....we will NOT beat the....say patriots for example....because good teams find a way to make your biggest weaknessees come to the forefront. The fact that Bledsoe is now a facilitator and not a playmaker hurts us when you talk of getting to the BIG ONE.....I think Drew can even get us to the playoffs.....but just not much furhter then that......

So it is a position that would need to be upgraded.....

As for other positions...I know our TE's have been playing well of late.....but I would still like to see a guy at TE that teams would have to gameplan for.......also....even though Teague is playing better I think our run blocking could still improve....in my opinion WIllis is doing a lot with average blocking for the run.

Also....I would like to see even more linebacker depth so that we can jump from the 4-3 to the 3-4 given the situation.....and you can never have too many secondary guys......

We are looking good right now...but we have a ways to go