Lee Evans

Evans sure doesn't look like a rookie on the field. His presice routes and sure hands speak to a seasoned veteran and not someone who has 11 NFL games under his belt.

While looking at some highlights from yesterday's game it came to me who Lee resembles on the field - Frank Lewis.

It's the way he caries himself. I think number 83 will put up numbers like a certain other number 83 from Kutztown State before he's through.

Does anyone else see the Frank Lewis comparison?

Evans sure doesn't look like a rookie on the field. His presice routes and sure hands speak to a seasoned veteran and not someone who has 11 NFL games under his belt.

While looking at some highlights from yesterday's game it came to me who Lee resembles on the field - Frank Lewis.

It's the way he caries himself. I think number 83 will put up numbers like a certain other number 83 from Kutztown State before he's through.

Does anyone else see the Frank Lewis comparison?

137579[/snapback]

I don't think he has the size of Frank Lewis, maybe Jerry Butler or Marlin Briscoe?

You´ll laugh, but Evans is playing now very much like Peerless played in 2002 for us. Sure hands, a threat to go deep, etc. And they´re 5´10.

137669[/snapback]

Good call - Lee is doing fine as a #2 - we'll have to see if he can be a #1 WR. I would hope to see us draft another WR sometime in the next 3 years to plan for EM retiring. A big posession reciever with a little speed would be nice thanks.

You´ll laugh, but Evans is playing now very much like Peerless played in 2002 for us. Sure hands, a threat to go deep, etc. And they´re 5´10.

137669[/snapback]

Lee Evans is the anti-Peerless. He has CLASS in spades. Intelligent, well-spoken and very much a team player.

Easy guy to root for.

I see some Marvin Harrision in him, although he's a bit sturdier than Marvin. Hopefully the results will be similar too!

137640[/snapback]

I am not seeing that at all. Marvin Harrison is a guy who gets buy on speed, and hands NOT his ability to go up/out/down to get a ball. Evans is more like a younger Troy Brown: speed, great hands, nice routes and an utter willingness not to let a ball get away from him.

We have to remember we all loved Peerless before we decided not to pay him. He was amazing in 2002, almost as good as Moulds.

But he´s a bum now - think the Falcons regret giving a #2 WR all the money they gave him?

BTW, who would you rather have today - Peerless or Willis? :huh:

Lee Evans is the anti-Peerless.  He has CLASS in spades.  Intelligent, well-spoken and very much a team player.

Easy guy to root for.

137687[/snapback]

I agree...

Peerless has PUNK written all over him...For god sakes man, take your damn sunglasses OFF during a press conference....

We have to remember we all loved Peerless before we decided not to pay him. He was amazing in 2002, almost as good as Moulds.

But he´s a bum now - think the Falcons regret giving a #2 WR all the money they gave him?

BTW, who would you rather have today - Peerless or Willis?  :huh:

137701[/snapback]

I liked Peerless as a player, but he was kind of a turkey. Obviously, Willis over Peerless hands down.

BTW, who would you rather have today - Peerless or Willis?  :lol:

137701[/snapback]

I never loved Peerless and couldn't have been happier to see him leave. Dude was pillow soft and feasted off the matchups afforded to him because of Moulds/Reed. I'm still waiting for him to throw his first meaningful block.

I caught one play of the Falcons' game yesterday. Coincidentally, it was a TD that was called back because PP threw his defender out of the way so another player could catch the ball. Smart play, as always. :huh:

I am not seeing that at all.  Marvin Harrison is a guy who gets buy on speed, and hands NOT his ability to go up/out/down to get a ball.  Evans is more like a younger Troy Brown: speed, great hands, nice routes and an utter willingness not to let a ball get away from him.

137692[/snapback]

Well they're both smallish, run the same speed, catch everything hands first, and precise routes. I'd say say that's pretty darn similar. Marvin will go up and get a ball from time to time himself, but that depends more on the type of throw....

I am not seeing that at all.  Marvin Harrison is a guy who gets buy on speed, and hands NOT his ability to go up/out/down to get a ball.  Evans is more like a younger Troy Brown: speed, great hands, nice routes and an utter willingness not to let a ball get away from him.

137692[/snapback]

He's alot closer to Harrison than F. Lewis. I'd settle for him just playing to his potential, which is pretty much unlimited.