A Top Ten Pick Might Land Big Ben

Munch

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo lets waste our top ten pick on a guy who has character issues and is going to miss the first 4-6 games? pass

Ill wait 4-6 games for the next 8-10 years of his career.

This is a no brainer to me. TRADE FOR HIM and take the cahnce he stays out of trouble.

TRADE FOR HIM

I'm not saying that Big Ben DID or DIDN"T do "it" BECAUSE I WASN"T THERE! I read the statement on Smoking Gun. It seemed like something happened but we also know how reliable DRUNK COLLEGE GIRLS ARE! I love the Shirlock mentality on this board.

Moreover, the woman from Tahoe has been completely diecredited by her own friend who came forward and signed a written statement!

Seriously, the word rapist is thrown around a little to liberally, get a fricken grip people!

BTW, a 1st next year and this years 3rd!

In an affidavit obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, on August 8, 2009 states that the alleged victim Andrea McNulty allegedly bragged to a co-worker, Angela Antonetti, about having consensual sex with Roethlisberger.[92] In a sworn statement, the woman said McNulty did not appear to be upset about the incident. Antonetti went on to say McNulty expressed the possibility of being pregnant and she was hoping for "a little Roethlisberger." Moreover, Antonetti said, the woman asked her to travel to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in August 2008 for a Steelers' game and to try to "run into" Roethlisberger. Antonetti told her that she shouldn't try to chase Roethlisberger. Antonetti said she was "absolutely shocked" on July 21 when she heard on the radio that the woman had claimed Roethlisberger had assaulted her "because I knew [her] allegation ....was false. Because I knew that [her] lawsuit and false allegations would unfairly and unjustly hurt Roethlisberger, I wanted to set the story straight," she said in the affidavit, part of a motion filed by two other defendants to move the case from Washoe County to Douglas County

"Alex...I'll take The rapists for $200".

I don't care what they can prove. If Big Ben is too big for our societal rules of common decency, I just can't drink the koolaid and welcome him on the team.

Next topic.

I don't want Rottenburger in a Bills uniform. I want Clausen. So I have been concerned how this whoel situation might affect the chances of Clausen falling to #9. Now, I am feel better, as Charles Robinson, a senior NFL writer for Yahoo! Sports, tweeted that Tomlin is very high on Dennis Dixon, and because of that, the Steelers would not draft Clausen. http://twitter.com/YahooSportsNFL/status/12587166135

:unsure:

That theory is incredibly dumb. Of course there is less than a 50/50 chance he gets traded, so saying "he isn't going anywhere" is the easiest prediction in the world to make so that you can later say 'I told you so'.

Got it. So your complaint about my prediction is that it's too much of a certainty. The TSW madness is in full force today.

just a thought

with a six game suspenstion, he could be much cheaper then his actualy value. trade for him(as much as I dont want to), draft a franchise qb(easier said then done, ie Clausen , or for some Tebow). Let them sit behind Ben for next year and maybe the year after. Let Bens stock soar(hopefully), get way more than we paid back, and our drafted QB learned from him for a year or 2. We would have a stock pile of picks the next year. Thus insuring the Bills journey back to greatness.

just a thought

with a six game suspenstion, he could be much cheaper then his actualy value. trade for him(as much as I dont want to), draft a franchise qb(easier said then done, ie Clausen , or for some Tebow). Let them sit behind Ben for next year and maybe the year after. Let Bens stock soar(hopefully), get way more than we paid back, and our drafted QB learned from him for a year or 2. We would have a stock pile of picks the next year. Thus insuring the Bills journey back to greatness.

Holy crap...the morality police are out in full force.....coincidentally, they are the same people complaining that OBD has done nothing this offseason.....

Get off your high horses. It's a football team, not a school or church group.

Actually OBD has done nothing this off season, and I don't expect them to do anything about this option either.

Got it. So your complaint about my prediction is that it's too much of a certainty. The TSW madness is in full force today.

No. It's more like me saying, I don't think Terrell Owens is going to Washington because he hates them from his Philly/Dallas days. Nobody can prove I'm wrong, but I can say I'm right when he doesn't land in Washington.

No. It's more like me saying, I don't think Terrell Owens is going to Washington because he hates them from his Philly/Dallas days. Nobody can prove I'm wrong, but I can say I'm right when he doesn't land in Washington.

But you would be right... I won't say I told you so if it makes you feel better.

just a thought

I had a similar thought. Buy Big Ben as a commodity.

The Bills would have a cheaper 2010 salary to pay (prorated) because of his suspension.

They could hold him for a year, and see what sort of market develops for him if he stays out of trouble for one season.

In the meantime, take him for a test drive and determine whether he really fits into what the team is building here.

After the season, determine if he is viable with this team/community, and if not, attempt to get more for him than we paid for him (in draft picks, etc.).

In other words, if the Bills could somehow get him on the cheap, they would have to seriously consider it. If he can rehabilitate his image, he could bring more than they parted with to get him.

The only part of your post I don't necessarily agree with is the drafting of another QB. If they acquired Big Ben, it would be too much money/draft picks invested in one position.

I don't necessarily want Big Ben playing for my favorite team, but he is a great quarterback.

Yes Pittsburgh had a great defense, but the O-line and running backs have been terrible. But they still won a Super Bowl because, IMO, Big Ben CAN carry an offense on his back.

Whether it's purely a transaction for talent, or more of a market commodity, if the Bills can get him below market value, they have to think seriously about that.

Shocking that Ralph wasn't interested in taking on that contract.

So Rapelsburger raped or tried to rape 3 to 4 know women, and we do not have a clue how many did not speak up, But the decision to not bring him in is only because Ralph Wilson is Cheap? We had the 12 highest paid team in the league did Ralph get what he paid for ?

Adam_Schefter

Here are the known no's on interest in Roethlisberger right now: Rams, Bills. Others might not be, just not known yet.

Yes, I posted earlier in the thread that I could imagine Al Davis saying yes, but I couldn't imagine Ralph Wilson signing off on this.

However life is about opportunities and this is actually a historic opportunity.

A wise organization wouldn't dismiss this opportunity out of hand.

Yes, I posted earlier in the thread that I could imagine Al Davis saying yes, but I couldn't imagine Ralph Wilson signing off on this.

However life is about opportunities and this is actually a historical opportunity.

A wise organization wouldn't dismiss this opportunity out of hand.

A WISE Organization would not even contemplate this asinine move