Tom Modrak

And where's the link showing that he locked in on those players?

Because there are about a million links out there showing that he did NOT lock in on Whitner, that he was arguing hard for Cutler that year, and also didn't want Maybin, he wanted Cushing.

You might want to also look for all the stories talking about the fact that he has never been in charge of the Bills draft, because this post is just nonsense.

Modrak is the Bills' chief college scout. He is in charge of the draft. He may get overruled and he may not have as much input on trades and the like as some suggest. But does every one of his picks get overruled? Is he not responsible for encouraging the powers that be to trade up to land someone he likes? Maybe Jauron/TD/etc selected positions, but they relied on Modrak's talent evaluation. He liked Cushing for OLB, but who did he have as his top DE? Aaron Maybin.

I really do not understand the excuse-making for a guy who more than anyone else is responsible for this train wreck of a roster.

So who is he locking in on this year? I believe he will trade back into the 1st round to get either Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow and give up more valuable picks.

He has proven that the players he has locked in on and traded up for in the past have never developed (Losman, McCargo, Poz, Denney)

How is he still with the organization? By my account he has drafted one true Pro Bowl caliber player in his time with the Bills: Jarius Byrd. You know his huge misses: Maybin, Lynch, Ellis, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Mike Williams. Why should I believe he will find success this year?

your freaking clueless he had the best draft for the bills in the last 10 years last year. he also wanted cushing @ #1 and was overruled by DJ.

lynch is a great back. watch out for maybin this year in his natural position as a 3/4 OLB I'll bet my life he gets double digit sacks. whitner is also a great player who can play any position in the secondary and has the last 3 years due to injury which hurts his ability to play saftey.

modrak is a great talent evaluator you haven't got a clue about football!

by the way donohoe drafted mike williams another example of your total lack of knowledge about the game and about the bills!

There were "rumblings" that he favored Brian Cushing the USC LB drafted by Houston. Naturally, he had a terrific year while the Bills' Maybin was the invisible man on the roster.

convenient how those rumblings only came out after the season

Modrak is the master of revisionist history

convenient how those rumblings only came out after the season

Modrak is the master of revisionist history

It wasn't convenient - it was reported in reputable publications that he wanted Cushing and the Bills never contradicted this. Whaty you need to realize is who really has controlled the high draft picks with the Bills. Hint: It ain't Modrak. He's older than that.

Modrak didn't join the Bills until after the 2001 draft.

Modrak is an excellent talent evaluator.He is not the one picking the

players...Our past decades gm's were.(boy were they great picks)

Now Buddy's in charge..another great talent evaluator...Expect a great

draft this weekend...These guys know what they are doing....mark my

words...The rebuilding of the Bills begins tomorrow! :thumbsup: