Any Chile Heads on here?

Stl Bills

Along with my regular Jalapenos, Habaneros, Eggplants, Bell Peppers, Herbs and Maters I'm going to venture out and grow some more exotic chilis this year......here's my list for this season.

BHUT JOLOKIA .....The Ghost Chili, the hottest chili pepper in the World. :rolleyes:

DATIL (Chile Plants)

DEVIL'S TONGUE (Chile Plants)

HABANERO CHOCOLATE (Chile Plants)

HABANERO GOLDEN (Chile Plants)

HABANERO RED SAVINA ™ (Chile Plants)

HABANERO WHITE 2 (Chile Plants)

JALAPENO JUMBO (Chile Plants)

JALAPENO PURPLE (Chile Plants)

SCOTCH BONNET YELLOW (Chile Plants)

Anybody else into growing/eating chile peppers?

Along with my regular Jalapenos, Habaneros, Eggplants, Bell Peppers, Herbs and Maters I'm going to venture out and grow some more exotic chilis this year......here's my list for this season.

BHUT JOLOKIA .....The Ghost Chili, the hottest chili pepper in the World. :rolleyes: DATIL (Chile Plants)

Jalapenos, I love.

Habaneros are intense, but I can tolerate them.

Dude, put the ghost chili down and step away.

I made the arrogant mistake of trying bhut jolokia before building up enough of a tolerance...I swear, I thought my eyes were going to pop right out of my skull. Including broken bones, torn ligaments and a shot to the groin by a golf ball (true story) this was the most unpleasant physical experience of my life.

Jalapenos, I love.

Habaneros are intense, but I can tolerate them.

Dude, put the ghost chili down and step away.

I made the arrogant mistake of trying bhut jolokia before building up enough of a tolerance...I swear, I thought my eyes were going to pop right out of my skull. Including broken bones, torn ligaments and a shot to the groin by a golf ball (true story) this was the most unpleasant physical experience of my life.

HA! I don't really have any desire to eat a ghost chili but I guy at my work swears it can't be that bad. He said if I grow em, he'll eat one....so sounded like a good enough excuse to laugh my ass off and put a video on youtube. I'm just hoping my curiousity doesn't get the better of me .

HA! I don't really have any desire to eat a ghost chili but I guy at my work swears it can't be that bad. He said if I grow em, he'll eat one....so sounded like a good enough excuse to laugh my ass off and put a video on youtube. I'm just hoping my curiousity doesn't get the better of me though.

Watch this guy...

This is the CEO of a chili company in Hawaii, a guy you might think could take the heat. In about six minutes, the pain intensifies and he's reduced to a quivering mess. A half hour later, he realizes he has to go to the hospital. I was just about the same when I tried it.

Watch this guy...

This is the CEO of a chili company in Hawaii, a guy you might think could take the heat. In about six minutes, the pain intensifies and he's reduced to a quivering mess. A half hour later, he realizes he has to go to the hospital. I was just about the same when I tried it.

Seen it. That guy got f-d up! I've seen a ton of video's of people eating them so I have a good idea how bad it would suck. That being said, I still might have to try a real tiny piece just for the hell of it.

where do you get all your exotics? online? please share your source....

BHUT JOLOKIA .....The Ghost Chili, the hottest chili pepper in the World. :thumbdown:

DATIL (Chile Plants)

BHUT JOLOKIA .....The Ghost Chili, the hottest chili pepper in the World. :thumbdown:

DATIL (Chile Plants)

That is one impressive list!

I have had gardens in the past but have never had much success at growing really hot chiles. I am, as you may or may not know, a hot chile freak. I am known to eat raw habaneros while cooking. I have also had a few drops of Pure Cap on my tongue. It is very hot, but has a horrible flavor. I don't recommend it at all.

Here in St Augustine datils are readily available (but mostly in sauces, it is tough to find fresh datils for some reason). I find jalapenos rather boring, to be honest, but like serrano peppers when they are hot. A few years ago they were so bland they tasted like sweet peppers to me.

I'm a huge fan of Thai (Bird's eye) chiles. They have the best flavor of the hotter chiles, IMO.

I have never had the Ghost chile, but have heard of it. Even after seeing that video, I would have to try a small piece. I actually enjoy what I call "the heat high" and consider extremely chiles a mild hallucinogen. They are also great for clearing the sinuses. I'll be interested in hearing your report once they are harvested.

DATIL (Chile Plants)

I grow chiles every year. Just average stuff I can get at Orchard Supply,jalapenos,habaneros,fresnos and pasillas. Where do you get the exotic stuff? I would love to grow some of that!

silly me asking where to get these exotics....as i sit here living in a house on a commercial nursery...the nursery owner told me let him know if there was anything i wanted to simply ask....guess i will give him a request list in the a.m.

I have had gardens in the past but have never had much success at growing really hot chiles. I am, as you may or may not know, a hot chile freak. I am known to eat raw habaneros while cooking. I have also had a few drops of Pure Cap on my tongue. It is very hot, but has a horrible flavor. I don't recommend it at all.

Here in St Augustine datils are readily available (but mostly in sauces, it is tough to find fresh datils for some reason). I find jalapenos rather boring, to be honest, but like serrano peppers when they are hot. A few years ago they were so bland they tasted like sweet peppers to me.

I'm a huge fan of Thai (Bird's eye) chiles. They have the best flavor of the hotter chiles, IMO.

I have never had the Ghost chile, but have heard of it. Even after seeing that video, I would have to try a small piece. I actually enjoy what I call "the heat high" and consider extremely chiles a mild hallucinogen. They are also great for clearing the sinuses. I'll be interested in hearing your report once they are harvested.

Since you mention Pure Cap, the ghost chili is about twice as high on the Scoville rating. Use with caution.

For me, nothing beats good ole wasabi when it comes to clearing the sinuses.

I would love to see that !@#$ing video........ :thumbdown:

I love the heat as well, but after seeing that guy in such pain.....you are !@#$ing nuts!

where do you get all your exotics? online? please share your source....

Yeah, maybe I'll PM you when I harvest them and I can overnight you 1 or two. I was introduced to Datils when I lived in St. Simons Island, Ga, just north of St. Augustine. We used to get them at a restaurant I worked at (shipped from St. Augustine daily) to make our own Datil Sauce. Datils are probably my overall favorite chiles. Love those things.

I grow chiles every year. Just average stuff I can get at Orchard Supply,jalapenos,habaneros,fresnos and pasillas. Where do you get the exotic stuff? I would love to grow some of that!

I've grown a lot of chiles from seeds but when you factor in the time/money factor, I've found that ordering live seedlings is the way to go. Just this year I had about 70-80 Jalapeno seedlings that I had grown from seeds, after about 2 months of babysitting the little fuggers i put them outside in a mini-greehouse trying to "harden off" the seedlings (a process that gets them adjusted to natural sun light and windy conditions). Came back an hour later to find that my 7 month old german shepherd had gotten out and knocked over the whole greenhouse and they were all dead <_< . Anyway, so I just order live plants from this place.........

http://www.chileplants.com/

Last year I ordered just a few datils from them bc i got some bad seeds from another source and my seedlings never sprouted.....the plants I ordered were nice and healthy. They have great customer service too....if you get a dead/damaged plant she will just replace them (from what I've heard.......http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pe...44330348.html?5). Happy Growing Everybody!