Will Buffalo move up to #2 and take Bradford?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suh is an ABSOLUTE BEAST and if I remember correctly wasn't Bruce Smith a game changer @ DE in the 3-4? Suh would be that guy. I don't think there's an OT that could shut him down, JMO though.

Suh really is a beast, but he's no Bruce Smith. Nowhere near Bruce's speed.

I think Williams is projected as a RT isn't he? Honestly, I don't want a top 5 pick unless I think there is almost a lock for a great player. In the case of trading up (still would love Suh probably) it isn't really worth it when you factor in we are a cash to the cap team and what we have to give away to move up. In that case I would probably prefer to trade down. Of course, that is hard to do, but if say Spiller drops to us, might be possible.

Point well taken. I would prefer to move back and get a couple of extra picks since most draft experts are saying this is a really deep overall draft.

I would be down with that

So you're down with moving up?

Bruce Smith was the first pick in the draft and now a Hall of Famer. He was a 3-4 defensive end.

Bruce is the exception. If you get a Richard Seymour as your 3-4 DE, that's about as good as you can hope for. Currently playing I can't think of a single 3-4 DE who is on course for the Hall of Fame. But Suh and McCoy would make great 3-4 DEs, that's for sure. As good as Bruce? I doubt it.

ok first off, I dont see this happening, BUT.....

If the situation presented itself, this means TB moved up to 1, buf moves to 2, so stl is 3 and det is 9, right, ok.

so what do we lose: we swap 1st rd picks 9 for 2, lose a 3rd (meh, ok, I dislike this part the most), lose lynch (ehh, alright) and lose Stroud (ok, not a great 3-4 fit to begin with).

All in all Its not a whole lot, I'd prefer to keep the 3rd rd pick but if this is what it takes for Nix n Chan to get "their guy" so be it, question is who does stl pick at 3? clausen, I doubt it, and if thats the case, then why would we give the farm up to move ahead of them.

1 TB--Suh

2 DET--okung

3 STL-- McCoy (assuming they wont take bradford)

4 WASH-- T.Williams

5 KC--Bulaga

6 SEA--Spiller

7 CLE--Bradford

8 OAK--Davis

9 BUF--Clausen

if it played out like this ^^^ we would only need to move up 3 spots not 7, maybe then we could save the 3rd rd pick and just ship lynch, stroud and the 9 pick to Seattle, seems like a better deal. IDK, just a thought

Bruce Smith was the first pick in the draft and now a Hall of Famer. He was a 3-4 defensive end.

I realize Bruce Smith was a 3-4 DE. I get it. Is Suh the next Bruce? Who knows. All I meant is IN GENERAL OLB and NT are a more important position than DE in a 3-4.

I realize Bruce Smith was a 3-4 DE. I get it. Is Suh the next Bruce? Who knows. All I meant is IN GENERAL OLB and NT are a more important position than DE in a 3-4.

He is substantially slower than Bruce. What if he either gained (easiest) or lost (much harder) twenty pounds? Do you think it might change your opinion?

He is substantially slower than Bruce. What if he either gained (easiest) or lost (much harder) twenty pounds? Do you think it might change your opinion?

I didn't mean he was going to be Bruce Smith. I meant that he would make an impact on a defense that has no playmakers

I didn't mean he was going to be Bruce Smith. I meant that he would make an impact on a defense that has no playmakers

Oh, I understand, what I am asking is would that help? With 20 pounds could he be a NT. Dropping 20, would that make him faster and more like Bruce? IIRC didn't Bruce lose a lot of weight?

Suh is more like Reggie White, McCoy is the Bruce of the bunch

I would be happy with a Reggie White type too. My point is, does he have to be a DE in a 3-4? Is that his best position? It would seem with a little weight he could play NT, but I admit to ignorance. Is it possible is what I am asking.

Edit- We could play him DE this season (we need help) and then get him to gradually gain weight (mostly muscle hopefully, but some nice padding). This would allow us to move him inside later.

Total pipedream as he will never end up here anyway.

I would be happy with a Reggie White type too. My point is, does he have to be a DE in a 3-4? Is that his best position? It would seem with a little weight he could play NT, but I admit to ignorance. Is it possible is what I am asking.

Edit- We could play him DE this season (we need help) and then get him to gradually gain weight (mostly muscle hopefully, but some nice padding). This would allow us to move him inside later.

Total pipedream as he will never end up here anyway.

Suh is better suited as a 3 technique 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE, His speed would likely be wasted playing the 0 technique, thus you dont get maximum value, kinda like playing Maybin at DE when he shoulda been playing OLB, its just bad buisness to play guys out of position,

Also, hes 6-5 and plays pretty tall, which is not what you want from a NT, so I dont think it would be best to try and move suh inside, ever, but He could play it if he were required to.

Terrible! A first, third and Lynch? Are you kidding me? Bradford's fragile and won't last a half a season behind our line. This is the year to draft big bodies and mean ass linemen.

Didn't they say Adrian Peterson (who had more injuries btw) wasn't going to make it a season in the NFL? Yeah that is what I thought... :devil:

I want to move up and get Okung...or Suh...and Suh could play NT...he's friggen huge...people just think it's a waste of his talent because he's a sack master and those abilities are good enough to play on the edge...but whatever...I take that dude in a heartbeat and play him wherever the hell he wants to play...he's THAT good...but I'd still take Okung over him if we could

Suh is better suited as a 3 technique 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE, His speed would likely be wasted playing the 0 technique, thus you dont get maximum value, kinda like playing Maybin at DE when he shoulda been playing OLB, its just bad buisness to play guys out of position,

Also, hes 6-5 and plays pretty tall, which is not what you want from a NT, so I dont think it would be best to try and move suh inside, ever, but He could play it if he were required to.

Alright, then screw it, make him a DE. I want him.

:devil:

Ok fine, we can't draft him, but what a pity.

ok first off, I dont see this happening, BUT.....

If the situation presented itself, this means TB moved up to 1, buf moves to 2, so stl is 3 and det is 9, right, ok.

so what do we lose: we swap 1st rd picks 9 for 2, lose a 3rd (meh, ok, I dislike this part the most), lose lynch (ehh, alright) and lose Stroud (ok, not a great 3-4 fit to begin with).

All in all Its not a whole lot, I'd prefer to keep the 3rd rd pick but if this is what it takes for Nix n Chan to get "their guy" so be it, question is who does stl pick at 3? clausen, I doubt it, and if thats the case, then why would we give the farm up to move ahead of them.

1 TB--Suh

2 DET--okung

3 STL-- McCoy (assuming they wont take bradford)

4 WASH-- T.Williams

5 KC--Bulaga

6 SEA--Spiller

7 CLE--Bradford

8 OAK--Davis

9 BUF--Clausen

if it played out like this ^^^ we would only need to move up 3 spots not 7, maybe then we could save the 3rd rd pick and just ship lynch, stroud and the 9 pick to Seattle, seems like a better deal. IDK, just a thought

I think this is only the second post to the thread -aside from PTR's 'NO'.

I agree CB. I don't think this is likely but I'm all for it. Bradford fires a highly accurate laser. You don't have to look back very far to see how important this is. This past playoff season was the best aerial show in NFL history. Rivers, Warner, Brady, Manning, Farve, and Brees were sensational. Yet virtually every pass was contested by a closing DB. No gun = no franchise QB.

The only downside I see with this is how would we effectively switch to a 3-4 w/o a NT and 4 solid 'backers? Next years' draft?

don't stop at #2......go all the way to #1....and take SUH.

word is the Rams want out of that pick and will trade on the cheap (meaning NOT following the draft value chart).

i agree he would not play NT...but thats fine.....think Julius Peppers..only 20 pounds bigger.

this dude is a LOCK to star in this league......he is with out a doubt the "safest" pick in the draft.

check out this video of Suh before answering...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=111298