Travis Henry injury....

Buftex

I haven't heard anything official, but I am assuming that Travis Henry's fractured leg will end his season. Anyone else feel that the injury increases the likelihood that Travis stays in Buffalo next season. His trade value, already shaky, just took a major hit. Why not keep him around another season (since he has a very cap-friendly salary) as the back-up? I have a hunch too, that Bledsoe will be riding our bench next season. He and Travis will be able to commiserate about the "good ol' days" :blush:

Seriously, I like Travis a lot, kind of sad to see that happen. Even when he was healthy, it appeared that he was not even necessarily entreanched as the number 2 rb, with Joe Burns getting more time than him.

With the way the team is playing Bledsoe will be our starting QB next year....just like the patsy trolls said...he's doing just enough to keep his job because next year we will go in as a playoff contender and starting JP will not help our chances of making the playoffs. With that said Travis should only stay if the front office thinks that he will keep his mouth shut. You don't need a guy thats a proven starter to back up willis, you need a serviceable back, like Kenneth Davis was for Thurman and which Joe Burns could possibly be himself.

Actually, I don't think this harms Travis' market value all that much. A fractured bone is nothing. Sure it may keep him out for the rest of the season (which means he can't be on display for other teams), but bones heal well. Had he torn up his knee, that would be a different story.

Of course, other teams may try to use that as leverage, but his market value will be competely determined by the number of teams out there who covet a top back. They will get the chance to examine him and to see that the leg has healed. They also know the guy was a top back the past two seasons until McGahee came in. He's too young to have lost anything due to age yet.

All you need is two or more teams who really want a proven back and let the bidding begin.

I haven't heard anything official, but I am assuming that Travis Henry's fractured leg will end his season.  Anyone else feel that the injury increases the likelihood that Travis stays in Buffalo next season.  His trade value, already shaky, just took a major hit.  Why not keep him around another season (since he has a very cap-friendly salary) as the back-up?  I have a hunch too, that Bledsoe will be riding our bench next season.  He and Travis will be able to commiserate about the "good ol' days" :blush:

Seriously, I like Travis a lot, kind of sad to see that happen.  Even when he was healthy, it appeared that he was not even necessarily entreanched as the number 2 rb, with Joe Burns getting more time than him.

136973[/snapback]

Believe it or not this injury could be a blessing for the Bills and Henry. For the Bills, they could end up keeping him next year and have themselves an outstanding backup. Or some team in the league could offer us a first round pick or even a second because they are desperate for a top RB. As for Henry, he could come back from his injury with a new passion. He could be the wrecking ball he was a few years back and might be even better than that even if he's wearing a different uniform.

tackler rolled on his leg as he was bringing him down and broke the fibula in the process...i bet it freakin hurt. 

Did you notice how travis extended the ball over his shoulder and favorably spotted it for the refs before he grabbed his leg? This guy has some serious brass nuts.

If someone wants to give up a pick in the first three rounds for Travis, I wouldn't mind that deal. But for a fourth or lower, I'd just assume keep him for 2005. I don't know if losing him to free agency after the 2005 season would get us a compensation pick from the NFL, but at the very least we'd have a solid backup to Willis for next season. He has a low cap number, so I think we should just keep him another year, unless we can get a top 90 pick for him.

If yesterday was his last day in a Bills uniform, then I'd like to thank Travis for what he did in a Bills uniform. I am one of his biggest fans. Willis is an upgrade, but that doesn't change what Travis was able to accomplish. Say what you will about the guy, but he played with a lot of heart, and produced too. What he did in 2003, with a lousy offensive line, lousy coaches, a horrible passing game, and an injury that would have kept most guys on the sidelines was remarkable.

I wish him well wherever he ends up.

another thing to consider is once the leg is healed, teams interested in TH will take into consideration that he didn't take a "pounding" this season. which would make him fresh going into the 2005 season.

Isn't this a bit like saying that when you go to buy that 2000 Maxima, you'll take into account the front end damage from 2003, the side damage in 2003, and more front end damage from 2004... but since it wasn't entered into a demolition derby, it is a superb value. OK, so normally the car might book for $12,000... so, my name is Teflon Tom... your friendly used car salesman. Just because you're a good guy and I like you, I'm going to shave $2,000 of the regular price.

Right.... there are a multitude of us that believe TH has trade value... OK, what is that value. This is his 5th season and he's only played one season w/o missing time due to injury. He's broken his leg twice in successive seasons... not to mention nagging injuries which, in part, accelerated his benching in favor of McGahee. So, what is TH's trade value? Let's be real here, no more fantasizing... no team is going to actively and seriously pursue TH and be willing to part with more than a 5th rounder. TH will play out next year in Buffalo and become a FA... just like the underappreciated Duce Staley, Stephen Davis, Sammy Morris, Dorsey Levens, Amos Zeroue, Tyrone Wheatley, Charlie Garner, and on and on.