Marshall's Contract Almost as Rich as Lee Evans'

PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ion-guaranteed/

Marshall gets almost $30 million in first three years. The immediate comparison is of course Larry Fitz. Funny that no one outside of WNY remembers that gave Lee Evans ANY EVEN BETTER contract.

Lee gets less over 4 years than Fitz, but that's because his contract is front-loaded. He collects more than $33 million over his first three years -- more than any WR in history. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...t=NFL&id=26

Look -- I don't care that we resigned Lee Evans for too much money. Why not? He's talented and we're not up against the cap. Keep decent players rather than create new holes. Same basic argument for not signing Peters.

But that's the point -- we overpaid more for Evans than we would have for Peters and it's easier to find a top flight replacement for WR (see the Dolphins) than for LT.

Marshall gets almost $30 million in first three years. The immediate comparison is of course Larry Fitz. Funny that no one outside of WNY remembers that gave Lee Evans ANY EVEN BETTER contract.

Lee gets less over 4 years than Fitz, but that's because his contract is front-loaded. He collects more than $33 million over his first three years -- more than any WR in history. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...t=NFL&id=26

Look -- I don't care that we resigned Lee Evans for too much money. Why not? He's talented and we're not up against the cap. Keep decent players rather than create new holes. Same basic argument for not signing Peters.

But that's the point -- we overpaid more for Evans than we would have for Peters and it's easier to find a top flight replacement for WR (see the Dolphins) than for LT.

Lee Evan's could not wash Marshall's jock strap! Lee "won't go over the middle" Evans, and Mike "eat himself retarded" Williams should pay the money back to the Bills!

Evans also isn't one mroe incident from being suspended for an entire year. And Orton isn't great but he's better than any QB we had. The Evans hate is dumb.

Evans also isn't one mroe incident from being suspended for an entire year. And Orton isn't great but he's better than any QB we had. The Evans hate is dumb.

Evans other than the ball washing he put on Losman has been pretty quiet. So no hate, but he is nothing better than a very good #2, speed guy. He has limited route running skills or at least shown limited. If he is capable he's never shown it, EVER.

Evans other than the ball washing he put on Losman has been pretty quiet. So no hate, but he is nothing better than a very good #2, speed guy. He has limited route running skills or at least shown limited. If he is capable he's never shown it, EVER.

Receiver is the most dependent position in sports. What receiver has had a worse combo of QBs and oline since Evans have been in the league? Not many. Evans is at the absolute bottom of problems with this team.

As a receiver, has he lacked when sent over the middle, or is he just not asked to?

i guess its a question of whether the perception of him being poor at it is his fault or not. People at the games, camp, watched him in college etc... can probably tell better then me who only gets to see a handful of bills games a year these days.

As a receiver, has he lacked when sent over the middle, or is he just not asked to?

i guess its a question of whether the perception of him being poor at it is his fault or not. People at the games, camp, watched him in college etc... can probably tell better then me who only gets to see a handful of bills games a year these days.

Buffalo fans are insane. They love to B word about the few good players we have. Evans has probably dropped less than 10 passes in his entire career. We have crap on the oline. Our QBs are laughed at by the rest of the league. Yet, somehow the receiver who is off to the best start of any receiver in Bills' history (Andre and Moulds are no slouches) is the problem with this team. It's beyond dumb.

Evans on the Colts would be Marvin Harrison in his prime.

Top 5 WRs by Cap Hit, 2009

* Larry Fitzgerald: $10,897,622.

* Antonio Bryant: $9,890,760.

* Randy Moss: $9,757,280.

* Steve Smith (Panthers): $8,999,087

* Calvin Johnson: $8,186,495

Just sayin'

Evans was paid $11,730,770, but the cap hit was less due to proration.

Receiver is the most dependent position in sports. What receiver has had a worse combo of QBs and oline since Evans have been in the league? Not many. Evans is at the absolute bottom of problems with this team.

I agree 100%

Name me one receiver that has done anything with a bad QB?

Buffalo fans are insane. They love to B word about the few good players we have. Evans has probably dropped less than 10 passes in his entire career. We have crap on the oline. Our QBs are laughed at by the rest of the league. Yet, somehow the receiver who is off to the best start of any receiver in Bills' history (Andre and Moulds are no slouches) is the problem with this team. It's beyond dumb.

Evans on the Colts would be Marvin Harrison in his prime.

Agree 100% from what ive seen, which admittedly is less and less since moving away, then getting saints tix, games are getting harder and harder to see. Not to mention nationally buffalo doesnt get a lot of love.

Can anyone say on his opportunities over the middle what he has done? I remember seeing him take a slant last year in a way that impressed me, and stood out as something i hadnt seen from him. if sent more often do you think he could do this consistently, or is he getting sent occasionally and not getting space?

Anquan Boldin from Jake Plummer.

Randy Moss from Duante Culpepper, Brad Johnson, and Randall Cunningham (end of career).

Culpepper when in Minnesota was a beast, and you cannot say otherwise, everyone knows he was.

Jake Plummer was manageable not great but manageable..

THAT is the point and so far, posters are avoiding it. Evans is more easily replaced than Peters yet we let him go and basically conceded a losing season. we're doing it again, signing practice squad players while divisional opponents sign all pros and many seem ok with that. expectations are ridiculously low. If quality isn't demanded, it's rarely received.