Early observation on Mcgahee

34-78-83

Just an early thought. It appears that although there hasn't been a whole lot of push in the running game from the line, Willis is "test-booking" his carries. He's been following into the hole as it is drawn up but seems to have missed a few cut oppurtunities off of blocks. I like the fact that we are being stubborn about running the ball though.

Looks like an average back right now.  Still seems a little tentative, but I thik he will gain more confidence from this start.

10429[/snapback]

At least looks like MM and TC are committed to running the ball.

Just an early thought. It appears that although there hasn't been a whole lot of push in the running game from the line, Willis is "test-booking" his carries. He's been following into the hole as it is drawn up but seems to have missed a few cut oppurtunities off of blocks. I like the fact that we are being stubborn about running the ball though.

10361[/snapback]

Oh man dude!

He doesn't want to make any cut backs because he's still very unsure about that knee of his!

I would be too if I were him.

I don't think that's the reason at all. He loosened up a bit later after my post and made a few decent cuts. He just looks a little methodical into the hole as compared to Henry right now. He'll get it soon enough...

I don't think that's the reason at all. He loosened up a bit later after my post and made a few decent cuts. He just looks a little methodical into the hole as compared to Henry right now. He'll get it soon enough...

10499[/snapback]

Rather than methodical, I would describe him as tentative. Granted, no one gave him much of a hole to work but as (was it Gale Sayers?) has been said: "Give me 18 inches of daylight and I am gone".

TT used to slide though a slot sideways, spin, square off, and run up the gut. Willis seems to be waiting for a door to open.

I will admit he got better as the game progressed.

We are NOT dooooomed!

He still hasn't shown us that burst that he had with the hurricanes.  I'd give it a couple more games and see if he finds his comfort zone.

10537[/snapback]

He has to adjust to having an O-line that's not as good as what he played behind in college. He'll get better as he get's more playing time.