Who to root for and against

daquixers

For the rest of the season:

1 - Of course the Bills have to win

2 - We root FOR the Steelers

If the Steelers can come into the final game 14-1 then there is NO CHANCE they start their starters and risk injury.

2 - Root AGAINST:

New England

Houston

Denver

Jacksonville

Cincinnatti

Jets

Cinci we can take care off just by beating them which gives us the tie breaker in case off a tie. San Diego/Denver we root against. One will win the division so that team doesnt matter. The other team we root against.

We root against NE (even though they got the divison in wraps) because then the Steelers wont have anything to play for in the final game. Its really that simple ... kinda!

If the Steelers can come into the final game 14-1 then there is NO CHANCE they start their starters and risk injury.

2 - Root AGAINST:

New England

Houston

Denver

Jacksonville

Cincinnatti

Jets

Cinci we can take care off just by beating them which gives us the tie breaker in case off a tie. San Diego/Denver we root against. One will win the division so that team doesnt matter. The other team we root against.

We root against NE (even though they got the divison in wraps) because then the Steelers wont have anything to play for in the final game. Its really that simple ... kinda!

136675[/snapback]

Thanks for that, 'cause as we all know, rooting for something will make it so. :doh:

Thanks, actually, I was just going to try to figure that out.

2 - Root AGAINST:

New England

Houston

Denver

Jacksonville

Cincinnatti

Jets

136675[/snapback]

UMMMMMMMMMMMM, you root for NE also. You root for NE to beat every team ahead of us. Including the Jets. You root for all the good teams that we CAN'T catch. Which means GO STEELERS, GO COLTS, GO GO PATS (yuck), and so on.

No. Because if NE wins the rest of their games then Pitt will start their starters in the last game against us. Not good.

136695[/snapback]

Ugh...You can root against NE all you want in 4 out of the next 5 games, but against the JETS, it's a no brainer to be a Pats fan.

No doubt. We just need ONE pats loss - not all 5 ...

Patriot Schedule:

Cleveland

Cinci

Miami

Jets

San Fran

It will be tough for them not to go 15-1.

136703[/snapback]

That's assuming PIT wins out, but ok. Seeing as how they have the same schedule as we do for the most part, I'd say that it's unlikely (one Pats loss outside of the Jets game.).

We really need a few collapses (we're talking 1-4 for the JETS here) but it's nice to think about. I'm not gonna' worry about the Pats/Pit situation, since it's up to the Bills to show they belong anyway. LOL...thinking ahead. If we managed to sneak in, it most likely means a road game at Indy. Ho-boy.

No doubt. We just need ONE pats loss - not all 5 ...

Patriot Schedule:

Cleveland

Cinci

Miami

Jets

San Fran

It will be tough for them not to go 15-1.

136703[/snapback]

Oh god, have some balls for christ's sakes.

Pittsburgh in our house is a W for us. Mark it down. They will not be able to run on us, and Big Ben will have to win it himself. MARK IT DOWN.

I can't wait til that game. I hope they are still battling for home field!

That will be like a 1st round playoff game right there.

Oh gosh, have some balls for christ's sakes.

Pittsburgh in our house is a W for us.  Mark it down.  They will not be able to run on us, and Big Ben will have to win it himself.  MARK IT DOWN.

I can't wait til that game.  I hope they are still battling for home field!

That will be like a 1st round playoff game right there.

136717[/snapback]

I hope your right. I just dont see it happening.

I hope your right. I just dont see it happening.

136718[/snapback]

I totally do. As weird as it sounds......we match up great against Pittsburgh. If they can't run, they are billsfanone. And they won't run against us. Have you seen Big Ben lately? He's really cooling down.

I'm telling you, barring big injuries to us, we beat them either way. I tend to think we'll lose somewhere along the way, but still beat Pitt.

We need NE to beat both the Jets and the Bengals.

Don't worry about Pitt having to play their starters until week 17. The rest will take care of itself.

Still, the chances of the Bills making the playoffs (even at 10-6, which is where I feel the BIlls will end up) is slim to none.

I will be shocked if the Bills don't run the table to end the season. SHOCKED. 10-6 will be oh-so-nice, even without a playoff birth.

Of course, 9-7 will be fine too.

136675[/snapback]

I'd rather see us be 9-6 & the Pats + Squeelers be 14-1 going into Week 17...

then beat the crap out of those chumps,

knocking them out of home-field advantage while sneaking into the playoffs. :doh:

Dont get ahead of yourselves. Enjoy today's win and put your focus on beating the Phins in Miami next week and THEN root against some other teams.

If you dont beat Miami then your playoff hopes are all but lost as they are on life support as it is. One game at a time is not a stupid cliche'.

Dont get ahead of yourselves.  Enjoy today's win and put your focus on beating the Phins in Miami next week and THEN root against some other teams.   

If you dont beat Miami then your playoff hopes are all but lost as they are on life support as it is.  One game at a time is not a stupid cliche'.

136739[/snapback]

I agree. I never believed that cliche' until recently. The Dolphins are dangerous. It's in their backyard and they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by knocking the Bills off.

I still think the Bills will win, I'm just on edge a little bit about it.