Jason Campbell to sign his tender

They also gave Campbell the right to seek a trade which tells me they're willing to part with him. If it would cost us a 4th Round to get him count me in the camp that make that move.

It jsut makes so much sense. Fill another need and give Campbell a shot with Gailey. If he fails, there will be some good QBs to choose in the 1st round. Then they can come in behind a solid oline with a good defense.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It jsut makes so much sense. Fill another need and give Campbell a shot with Gailey. If he fails, there will be some good QBs to choose in the 1st round. Then they can come in behind a solid oline with a good defense.

Exactly. Yet I understand where some are concerned that Campbell's a retreat QB but to me I take a chance on him this year instead of drafting a guy like Claussen in Round 1 and give him a much bigger contract and a much bigger risk.

Again, why aren't other teams that really need a QB going after the guy?

I'd rather the Bills not waste a 4th rd pick that could be used on a good young player, this draft is to stacked to waste those picks.

Why we would not trade a 4th round pick is befuddling to me.....

Unless we really like Clausen.

If the rumors are true, we're looking for a 3rd rounder for Lynch. Wouldn't a starting QB be worth more than that? I agree that a 4th for Campbell is reasonable. I just think Washington will be looking for more.

Why do we have a fascination with scrub qb's?

Don't waste a pick on this guy, we have 3 other qb's like him on our roster...he will not lead us nor any other team to the promised land...

Campbell is nothing like Fitz or Edwards... he has thrown for 300 yards, a novel concept. We really know nothing about Brohm. Have you sat and watched Campbell play week in and week out or do you watch the ass-hats on sportscenter and on countdown and act like you're an expert?

Look I'm not saying you shouldn't be against the idea, but a lot of people call him a scrub QB with really no merit behind it. They base all their opinions off of what some "analyst" thinks (BTW "analyst" means nothing more than knowledge-less color guy). I could be wrong with you, I just doubt I am. If so, my apologies ahead of time.

If nothing else, there are no Mannings, Bradys, Brees-es or now McNabs available, despite so many people insisting we need to get that guy. Of course we do, but it's hard to find him or else a lot of team would have great QB's. This team would be instantly improved with average QB play, which it hasn't had in years, that's worth a 4th round pick, especially considering you know what you're getting from Campbell and don't know what you're really getting with ANYONE from the draft.

No matter who we draft its a crap shoot if he'll pan out. What is true is Campbell has been treated simply awful in Washington. That is a fact and it's absolute bush (huhuhuhuh) league. He was set up to fail from day one there and has still found a way to improve. Also, he's been a freaking class act through all of this BS. Do you see that kind of character out of Lynch? How could we not want a guy like this to represent the Buffalo Bills? Even if only for a few seasons...

The only concern I have with Campbell is the fans. Will they be patient enough with him before the boo's and the torches and pitchforks come out. It's not going to be an instant fix...can the fans wait at least a year?

torches and pitchforks? What do you take us for? :angry:

The only concern I have with Campbell is the fans. Will they be patient enough with him before the boo's and the torches and pitchforks come out. It's not going to be an instant fix...can the fans wait at least a year?
Sure, but only if he doesn't suck.

Don't you think Mike Shanahan has an astute offensive mind?

Considering that most teams would want a competent solid veteran back up QB in case the starter get injured and if Campbell is as good as you seem to think he is, it simply makes no sense as to why a brilliant offensive mind like Shanahan would dump the guy.

Think about it, if Shanahan thinks he can't coach up Campbell to be a winning QB, what makes you think Chan Gailey can?

Why aren't other teams that really need a good young QB going after him-Rams-Browns-Raiders-Arizona-Minnesota-Jacksonville-Carolina?

Could it also be that the reason why they are trying to move him is because he knows (along with the Redskins) that he can be a starter somewhere else and does not want to be McNabbs or anyones Backup?

Why aren't the other teams going after him? Wel.........

Rams - They have the first pick and are more then likely taking Bradford, who most see as a franchise QB

Browns - Already made 2 trades for 2 potential starters this offseason after dumping their last 2 QBs

Raiders - Still have Russell and are not looking very hard for another QB (They went after Mcnabb because he was a veteran with winning experience and would be an instant upgrade)

Arizona - The already have Leinart and brought in Anderson

Minneosota - Still waiting to see if Favre wants 1 more year

Jacksonville - Still have Garrard and may be looking at grabbibg Tebow in the draft

Carolina - There are reports that they may be interested, and they released Delhomme cause they feel Matt Moore is the new starter

Not saying he is going to be a Pro Bowler, but if the choice is to get a young experienced veteran QB with upside for a mid to late pick, freeing up the early part of the draft for other positions, or have to use a #1 or 2 pick on a QB in this draft, what would be better?

By lackluster weapons you're talking about who?...the best recieving Tight End in football?...or the mulit probowl WR Santana Moss?...or multi probowl WR Coles?...or I mean what lackluster weapons....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now I get it...you meant lackluster skills of Campbell couldn't maximize those weapons...

you fool. have you watched santana moss the past 5 years? he has three big games that got him to one probowl? and coles? cmon buddy. He had counter-runner-but-cant-counter Portis and two scrubs as his backfield. Get him in here. He makes some great throws that TE would have no chance at.