trade lee evans

flabill

Lee Evans is what Marvin Harrison would have looked like without Payton Manning.

Harrison caught passes over the middle, Lee Evan is scared to get hit the only time he catches passes is when he is running a 'FLY' route! For 9 million a year we should get more for our money!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrison caught passes over the middle, Lee Evan is scared to get hit the only time he catches passes is when he is running a 'FLY' route! For 9 million a year we should get more for our money!

now that is something I've thought for a while now, whats up with that, is it the routes they have him run or what. I know the only time I've seen him catch the underneath stuff is in the ATL game when brohm hit him 3-4 times on short/intermediate routes, I almost shat myself, couldn't believe it, lee caught the short stuff.

Absolutely he should be doing more for 9 mil a yr. Maybe Chan and his new offense will find more clever ways to utilize Lee, and all our wr's for that matter.

IMO we should trade Lee Evans for a 1st rd pick in next years draft. This team is far from bein any good, and by the time we are any good lee will be at the tail end of his career. I know everyones going to say "who are we going to throw the ball to then"? my answer it doesnt matter the Bills are an at best 6-10 football team for the next 2-3yrs. So get the value while we can

Evans is 29. Recievers, especially good route runners like Evans, are often productive well into their middle thirties.

So, no thanks. He's the kind of guy you build around.

It helped Harrison that Manning could throw the passes over the middle rather than checking down every single time. Evans caught plenty of intermediate range passes when Bledsoe and Losman were here.

#1 - Evans goes where the idiots up in the booth told him where to go.

#2 - To the extent Harrison went over the middle, the ball would actually get there on time and in a place that would not get him killed....See, that's the Payton Manning part.

#3 - Forget about the money. He's here. He makes what he makes. And he can't block, throw, run a good route and catch all by himself. If you think the QB is dependent upon a good O-Line, the WR is even moreso.

How long till the draft?

You are kidding, right? Sometimes I'm a little slow on the sarcasm. If you're not kidding, that "argument" is a stretch to say the least.

I was being a little sarcastic but honestly don't think Lee is as great as we make him to be. As we tend to glorify our players, all fans do it, yet at the same time I just don't ever see Evans being a bonafide true #1 WR. He does remind me of Chambers and Glenn in that they were touted early in their careers as being #1s but as their careers finished they showed to be better suited as #2s.

You've tried this ridiculous argument before and it just makes you look stupid.

WRs don't get to call their own routes in the NFL! Write it down.

Lee Evans runs the plays that are called by the OC and QB. :unsure:

Even though Mularkey wasn't a good head coach, but he had a great offensive mind. Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open, as where the last regime had Evans lined up on the outside. I like Evans, he has great speed and makes some amazing tip-toe catches in the end-zone, but he's a #2 WR not a #1 WR. Evans can't shake the doubleteams and doesn't have the size to outleap and outmuscle DB's like a true #1 WR can. Maybe with having an offensive minded coach again, Gailey will put Evans in better positions to succeed. Plus, it would be great to see if Stevie Johnson and/or James Hardy can develop into good WR's and help open things up for Evans.

Even though Mularkey wasn't a good head coach, but he had a great offensive mind. Mularkey had Evans lined up all over the field to get him open, as where the last regime had Evans lined up on the outside. I like Evans, he has great speed and makes some amazing tip-toe catches in the end-zone, but he's a #2 WR not a #1 WR. Evans can't shake the doubleteams and doesn't have the size to outleap and outmuscle DB's like a true #1 WR can. Maybe with having an offensive minded coach again, Gailey will put Evans in better positions to succeed. Plus, it would be great to see if Stevie Johnson and/or James Hardy can develop into good WR's and help open things up for Evans.

I agree with your assessment of Evans. IMO, you don't pay a #2 WR $9+ million a year.

No we wouldn't get a 1st for him. Thats just silly but it won't be because of his "salary" as everybody around here says. Look at the following years, according to Rotoworld: " 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses, 2013: Free Agent. Cap charge: $9.87 million (2009)."

Basically some team would have to take a 8.4 mil hit this year (in an uncapped climate) to get a pretty good bargain down the road. Yeah we're getting a bargain the last two years of the deal but we've underutilized Lee every year he's been here.

We can probably get pretty good value for him if we asked. And really this year is it going to matter that much if Lee is on the roster or not? It hasn't mattered since Loserman.

Great receiver, probably get some decent value from a contender but it won't happen.

If Detroit can get a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams, we should be able to get a 1st for Lee. Send him packing to the highest bidder, stock up on draft picks, and begin the rebuilding process in earnest.

After what we have endured for the last decade, no player can be a sacred cow. Particularly not an overpaid underachieving wide receiver. Whatever people think about him, his production is not worth his salary. In 2009 he was 88th in catches, while 62nd in yards. He was paid and will continue to be paid among the top 5-10 WR’s in the game. There are plenty of WR’s thatt surpassed him in production with lousy QB situations, including Terrell Owens. If we could get a 1-2 round pick or a decent player in trade for him it absolutely should be considered. He is of little value to the team until we have an an OFFENSIVE LINE and a QUARTERBACK figured out and staffed appropriately.

I believe that the new regime is smart enough to realize that making tough decisions is critical to rebuilding and no option is categorically out of question.

No one will give a first rounder for Evans! If someone wants to, great! But that is just crackerdogs. Lee's the one decent receiver we have. Let's be realistic on this page!

Why because on occasion he catches the deep ball that is hardly thrown. He doesnt know how to play in one on one coverage, cannot go over the middle and ppor hands when he hears feet? You think we should keep this overpaid reciever why? Becuase hes the best of the rest come on you must have more intelligence then that. Lee has never been anything more then a deep ball receiver and even then the QBs will either overthrow or underthrow him consistantly.

This is the year to get rid of him he wasnt worth the resiging in the first place I oppsed it form day one and still do. What has he done and dont blame the QBs for everything the WRs dont do. I cant tell you how many times I watched other teams NO NAME recievers make unbelievable catches because they go after the ball ours dont, period. Get value for him and see who grows up in the WR ranks it happens on every team, why not ours?

IMO we should trade Lee Evans for a 1st rd pick in next years draft. This team is far from bein any good, and by the time we are any good lee will be at the tail end of his career. I know everyones going to say "who are we going to throw the ball to then"? my answer it doesnt matter the Bills are an at best 6-10 football team for the next 2-3yrs. So get the value while we can

Im so glad you (and most of the other fools posting "Trade X for 19 first round picks...and a PONY" on this board) aren't the GM.