trade lee evans

flabill

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiotic post really? IF we have a good draft. IF we sign some free agents. 2011 u think 8-8? 1st off the bills havent drafted well, nor have they signed any good free agents in a decade.. second u predict itll be 2012 before the bills compete for playoff spot, and at this point how good do u think lee evans will be? Itll be the end of his contract as well as the tail end of his career. you trade him now get his high vaule so that by 2012 we have the players to do well.. Talk about idiotic post.

Im so sick of garbage thinking like this,,, quit responding like we still have the same old regime. If Nix's resume pans out the way we all hope then his "IF" points are valid. If Nix and co fail then you can continue to depress the members of this forum.

Im so sick of garbage thinking like this,,, quit responding like we still have the same old regime. If Nix's resume pans out the way we all hope then his "IF" points are valid. If Nix and co fail then you can continue to depress the members of this forum.

his resume??? you had no idea who nix was before he was hired? what exactly is his resume. what has he done cause i would love to know

Randy Moss - future Hall of Famer, baggage - fourth round pick

Lee Evans - highly unlikely to be a HOF'er, no baggage - maybe would yield a 3rd or 4th round pick

Why not keep a few of our best players...

Because it's overpaying for mediocrity. I'll admit that I own a replica Evans' jersey but to me he just doesn't make enough plays to be counted on as a #1 WR. As to me a #1 can make between 4-7 plays a game where Evans is lucky to nab 4 catches a game. As I prefer WR that can move the chains and be counted in the redzone. See Andre Johnson prototype. With the continued thought that Lee is a pure #1 is a mistake instead he's a very good #2.

Because it's overpaying for mediocrity. I'll admit that Lee Evans I own a replica Evans' jersey but to me he just doesn't make enough plays to be counted on as a #1 WR. As to me a #1 can make between 4-7 plays a game where Evans is lucky to nab 4 catches a game. As I prefer WR that can move the chains and be counted in the redzone. See Andre Johnson prototype. With the continued thought that Lee is a pure #1 is a mistake instead he's a very good #2.

Yep - we all wonder how he would have turned out, with a stable qb situation, a better FO and coaching staff. Water over the dam, now. The bits I've heard over the years say he's a decent person.

Personally, I think they should keep him. Last thing that the team needs is another hole to fill, and the more I recall, the more I think it would be a fair $$$ hit to move him on. Dunno.

Yep - we all wonder how he would have turned out, with a stable qb situation, a better FO and coaching staff. Water over the dam, now. The bits I've heard over the years say he's a decent person.

Personally, I think they should keep him. Last thing that the team needs is another hole to fill, and the more I recall, the more I think it would be a fair $$$ hit to move him on. Dunno.

True it be foolish to move him without replacing him first. Yet again I just don't see him ever being a guy that you can count on to get you a catch four or five passes in a row to move you down the field on a time consuming drive. I mentioned when the offseason started I'd favor trading Lee to a team like the Raiders for a guy like Zach Miller and a 3rd Round draft pick and would do so if only were able to secure another WR yet because guys like Brandon Marshall, Braylon Edwards and Vincent Jackson weren't able to hit the open market it made our options too limited.

:thumbsup:

the sporting news ranks Lee as the 8th best WR in the NFL

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...t-are-cardinals

Except that was written a year ago when everyone was trading on the theory that the addition of TO would allow Evans to run wild. Well...he didn't. Take another look at that list, Evans doesn't even belong in the top 15.

Lee Evans is what Marvin Harrison would have looked like without Payton Manning.

Or maybe he's just another Cris Chambers or Terry Glenn. Who both failed to be bonafide #1 WR despite playing with great QBs like Phillip Rivers or Brett Favre.

do you mean water under the bridge?

Or maybe he's just another Cris Chambers or Terry Glenn. Who both failed to be bonafide #1 WR despite playing with great QBs like Phillip Rivers or Brett Favre.

So they are useless, because they aren't #1 WR's? That's the same ridiculous mentality that people use when they called Dan Wilkinson a bust.....over a decade in the league is not a bust.

IMO we should trade Lee Evans for a 1st rd pick in next years draft. This team is far from bein any good, and by the time we are any good lee will be at the tail end of his career. I know everyones going to say "who are we going to throw the ball to then"? my answer it doesnt matter the Bills are an at best 6-10 football team for the next 2-3yrs. So get the value while we can

Right ... because we know how easy it is to draft good players, especially wide receievers. Lets trade all of our good players for draft choices and then pray that we pick more good ones in the future! Let's try to get 10 first round draft choices for next year ... no problem.

(Sarcasm off)

B-):):thumbsup:

You are kidding, right? Sometimes I'm a little slow on the sarcasm. If you're not kidding, that "argument" is a stretch to say the least.

If Evans is truly great, perhaps he would get open more often and give our pansie Qb someone to throw the ball to. In fact, none of our receivers know how to get open. Trade them all, except Steve.

Trade them all and keep Steve? Steve has what, 5 career catches, maybe? So we will keep him why?

Because he has cool dreds?

If Evans is truly great, perhaps he would get open more often and give our pansie Qb someone to throw the ball to. In fact, none of our receivers know how to get open. Trade them all, except Steve.

my god....