Trade Down Partners

Exactly the scenario i see unfolding. Just like when we traded down with tampa in 2001. I think we moved down from like 14 to 21. We got Nate Clements, they took Kenyatta Walker. We also got their second round pick that turned into Travis "Baby Maker" Henry. I wouldn't mind relieving the Texans of their 2nd round pick in this deep draft. I would imagine Jimmy Clausen is our pick at 20. The second round, we take LT Saffold and DT Cody or Cam Thomas. I would be excited (although Clausen appears to be a boom or bust - i'd still chance it). Fills needs w/o reachind. Of course, this isn't even realistic, since its logical... :rolleyes:

The only trade down partner I could see if Houston at #20 if Spiller falls and hes the guy they want. They also have other needs though. None of the other teams seem to make sense and there doesn't seem to be anyone behind us dying for Clausen. Thoughts?

Jacksonville might want to move up to 9 if they thought someone will draft Tebow

I think San Diego would be another trade partner for the Bills. If Spiller is on the board, they do need a RB. We also get their 2nd and something else of value. at 28 we take Charles Brown OT. with 41 we grab Cam Thomas or Cody if by a miracle he falls, and with SDs 2nd rounder we grab Koa Misi OLB Utah. Rd3 grab Tony Pike, rd4 grab a WR (shipley, Cooper) and best available here on out. wouldnt be a bad draft IMO.

I think San Diego would be another trade partner for the Bills. If Spiller is on the board, they do need a RB. We also get their 2nd and something else of value. at 28 we take Charles Brown OT. with 41 we grab Cam Thomas or Cody if by a miracle he falls, and with SDs 2nd rounder we grab Koa Misi OLB Utah. Rd3 grab Tony Pike, rd4 grab a WR (shipley, Cooper) and best available here on out. wouldnt be a bad draft IMO.

I wouldn't hate this, especially if all 4 OTs are gone.

I would trade down with Tampa Bay, two 2nds and a 3rd rounder for it. We need to draft for depth, not really a heavy impact player at #9.

I would also dump Lynch to whom ever would give a 2nd and 4th or 5th rounder for him.

This would potentially give us four 2nd rd picks total and an additional 4th or 5th rounder.

Draft for depth this season.

I would trade down with Tampa Bay, two 2nds and a 3rd rounder for it. We need to draft for depth, not really a heavy impact player at #9.

I would also dump Lynch to whom ever would give a 2nd and 4th or 5th rounder for him.

This would potentially give us four 2nd rd picks total and an additional 4th or 5th rounder.

Draft for depth this season.

You do that if your drafting 30th not 9th.

So you are suggesting we trade our top 10 pick and not get another 1st in return?

Ofiicialy the 2nd craziest thing behind the Lynch, Roscoe and Whitner for a 1st idea.

I disagree with this. SD has Sproles. They need a banger.

You do that if your drafting 30th not 9th.

So you are suggesting we trade our top 10 pick and not get another 1st in return?

Ofiicialy the 2nd craziest thing behind the Lynch, Roscoe and Whitner for a 1st idea.

Hey, thats cool, speak your peace, but remember this, we didn't build a Super Bowl contender on the 9th pick or the 25th pick in the draft for that matter. We did it on 3 to 4 crappy seasons a couple of which were 2-14, do you see that record with the Bills? Didn't think so.

Take a close look at what is going to be available at #9, then take a good look at the current roster, we need depth at plenty of positions, 1 (and I can't stress this enough) "POTENTIAL" medium to minimal impact player at #9 is actually ridiculous to consider when we have the ability to grab some real depth players into the 2nd round.

Its just good personnel decision making to do so.

The only trade down partner I could see if Houston at #20 if Spiller falls and hes the guy they want. They also have other needs though. None of the other teams seem to make sense and there doesn't seem to be anyone behind us dying for Clausen. Thoughts?

The only thing we know for sure about teams needs is that folks are least keeping them secret as best they can or are simply flat out lying.

My sense is that if the Bills are smart they are simply blowing smoke in showing a desire to draft a QB in the first round in order to fool opponents as to their likely draft needs and to increase their leverage in trade talks. The draft is a good place to find a QB if he is the missing part that puts your team into the playoffs or to make a credible SB run. It however, is a pretty dicey strategy to find a franchise player at QB who is either gonna lead your bad team to victory with significant gaps making your team an offensive threat or on the D keeping this QB off the field as the other team marches up and down the field holding the ball.

Even worse, if this QB needs the development time that almost all amateur athletes (particular QBs) need, his development is likely to be quite questionable without the talent for him to exploit or to protect him.

If Nix is on his game he has effectively fooled the Kipers and other pundits of the NFL gawker world to judge that the Bills are going to follow the difficult course of trying to draft their franchise QB in the 1st round.