What do you want the Bills to do with the #9 PICK?

The 4 tackles are already drafted  

203 members have voted

1. 1. So now what do you want the Bills to do at 9?

• Trade the pick down
    • Draft QB-Jimmy Clausen
    • Draft QB-Timmy Tebow
    • Draft RB-CJ Spiller
    • Draft WR-Dez Bryant
    • Draft DE-Derrick Morgan
    • Draft NT-Dan Williams
    • Draft ILB-Rolando McClain
    • DE-Brandon Graham
    • Will Never Happen-
    • OTHER-WRITE IN

Lynch wants out ,and jackson is closing in on 30...RB may become a need sooner than later.I believe they wont pick one at 9...maybe 3rd or 4th.

Lynch is under contract for 2 or 3 more years. Who cares if he wants out he's got no leverage unless he performs on the field! Running Back is the possition we should avoid like the plague in the draft. Drafting running backs high in the first round is what got us into the mess we are in now!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can people honestly vote for Spiller? :thumbsup:

No matter who is on the board or off the board. I would pick C.J. Spiller either way. We will not be in the superbowl this year. Why not pick a talent that does not come around that often. Marshawn days in Buffalo are uncertain at best and probably numbered. Fred Jackson cannot, I repeat cannot take a pounding like he did last year for very much longer. I would almost be surprised if he was very effective this year. Do not get me wrong. I love Fred J. I bought my brother the FJ throwback jersey. I just think that tank is almost empty.

I went through this with the Bills back in the late 80's early 90's.

You trade down for depth, its that simple, there is nothing there at nine that is a real eye opener.

Just trade down and pick up more picks, and trade that trainwreck Lynch for gods sake.

I need this guy driving around the region with me and my kids like I need a hole in my head.

Anger management can work wonders... seriously, you might want to look into that.

The point, if you cared to read it and try to understand it, is that even if you think Tebow is the answer at QB as you proclaim, then you trade back from 9, get more picks, and take him later in the first round. Why? Because there's zero chance that Tebow goes before pick 20. I'd even be willing to up that number to 30.

So taking Tebow at 9, regardless of how good he is, means that you don't understand how to draft for value.

Sorry, but that's a fact, not an opinion.

I heard a fellow on the radio claim he saw a tee shirt that said Anger management classes really p*ss me off! :thumbsup:

Anger management can work wonders... seriously, you might want to look into that.

The point, if you cared to read it and try to understand it, is that even if you think Tebow is the answer at QB as you proclaim, then you trade back from 9, get more picks, and take him later in the first round. Why? Because there's zero chance that Tebow goes before pick 20. I'd even be willing to up that number to 30.

So taking Tebow at 9, regardless of how good he is, means that you don't understand how to draft for value.

Sorry, but that's a fact, not an opinion.

Its also a fact that you cant pick if you want to trade down sometimes. Maybe there isnt anyone willing to trade with the Bills for the 9th pick. It takes 2 teams to do this. We cant just sit back in our chairs and say.... hey, I think were gonna trade this pick to the Ravens. Im sure they will want someone here. It doesnt work like that.

IF you really want Tebow, AND you cannot trade out of the 9th pick, you just take the guy if you think he wont be there at 41.

And it wouldnt be the first time the Bills have picked a player before they should have... McGahee, Whitner, Byrd ring any bells?

If you really think your opinion means anything when you say there is zero chance Tebow goes before #20 you are mistaken. The value of Tebow, or anyone for that matter is what he is or would be worth to your team.

For the record I never said anything about trading out of the pick, I simply said if the guy you want is there, and he will be gone the next time you pick, you move up your board and take the player you really want.

How can people honestly vote for Spiller? :thumbsup:

Might be the best player on the board if all of the above the poster mentioned are gone. Spiller is a big-play threat (52 college TD, 21 for OVER 50 yards!). He can play RB, slot WR, and return kicks and punts. He would be a great VALUE.

Having said that the Bills might get the #1 OLB or DE at that pick too. I think if they draft the #4 OT at #9, that does not represent value.

But that's the whole point! They were productive and it translated to zero playoff games. Fred Jackson had as good of a year if not better than either of these guys put up as Bills and even that amounted to a wasted season.

Why? Not because they aren't good. But because the team is littered with holes and still operating as if this is the NFL of 1999. It isn't. It's a passing league now.

Let me put it another way. Let's, for the sake of argument, say Spiller was Drafted by the Bills in the first round in 2003 instead of Willis. Let's, for the sake of argument, say the Spiller is every bit as good as people hope. Do you think that with just him on the team, the Bills pick up enough wins to make the playoffs in those 7 seasons if everything else was the same?

The answer is no.

So, that being the case, why keep flushing first round picks down the drain?

This would be an entirely different conversation if the Bills didn't have huge holes at QB, OL, DL, WR, and LB.

If you get quality production from your draft picks you are not flushing them down the drain, which is my meaning.

Running back has not been a problem for the Bills, it was lack of coaching on offense the last 10 yrs and that my friend was due to the idiots in the front office. And you know this.

If the run on OT's happens early I would not be surprised if Spiller or DE Morgan from GA was our pick. If I had to choose between Spiller and Clausen I would choose Spiller JMO.