What do you want the Bills to do with the #9 PICK?

The 4 tackles are already drafted  

203 members have voted

1. 1. So now what do you want the Bills to do at 9?

• Trade the pick down
    • Draft QB-Jimmy Clausen
    • Draft QB-Timmy Tebow
    • Draft RB-CJ Spiller
    • Draft WR-Dez Bryant
    • Draft DE-Derrick Morgan
    • Draft NT-Dan Williams
    • Draft ILB-Rolando McClain
    • DE-Brandon Graham
    • Will Never Happen-
    • OTHER-WRITE IN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so the Bills pick 9th-and the 4 tackles (Okung,Bulaga,T.Williams,A.Davis) Bradford, Suh, McCoy, and Berry have already been picked.

What do you want the Bills front office to do at 9?

I would try to trade down and if I could not I would draft a the Nose Tackle D Williams. I wold not draft Davis if he was there at 9 either.

Dez Bryant, trade the #2 pick for Gaither then draft Tebow in the third

Gaither's not available, Tebow won't be around in the 3rd, and you're on drugs to use the #9 pick on Bryant with the other holes that need filling and WR not being anywhere near the #1 position of need. Otherwise, great stuff.

I should add this ...

I don't really care who they pick at 9, or if they trade back for more picks. I'm putting my faith in the front office's ability to judge talent better than the past three incarnations until they prove me wrong.

This team has so many holes (QB, OL, DL, LB, WR) that they could pick blindfolded and still fill a need at 9. Even if it's someone who's not "popular" on the board.

However, taking a RB, ANY RB at any point in the first 2 rounds would be a waste of a pick and show that this team has learned nothing about how to win in the modern NFL. And that would be very, very bad for us fans.

RB and DB are the one position on the field where we DON'T have anything even close to resembling a need. Lynch and Jackson are good enough to win a Super Bowl with. They can both do as much (or more) than Spiller can to help this team win. There's absolutely no good reason to take Spiller at 9. None.

Truth is, the Bills won't be winning any championships until they get a franchise QB and fix their OL regardless of who their RB is.

Lynch wants out ,and jackson is closing in on 30...RB may become a need sooner than later.I believe they wont pick one at 9...maybe 3rd or 4th.

You're assuming Lynch wants out. Jackson has 2-3 solid years left, if not more.

HB is the most overrated position in the NFL today and the easiest position to fill on a team. Don't believe me? Look around at the starting HBs in the league. How many elite backs are there? Peterson? Gore? Johnson?

How many Super Bowls have those three led their teams to? I rest my case.

And Peterson didn't even make the playoffs until Favre came on board, proving how much more valuable QB is than RB.

By all means, take a RB in the later rounds. But there's no use in taking a RB in the first 3 rounds for a team that has so many other holes.

HB is the most overrated position in the NFL today and the easiest position to fill on a team. Don't believe me? Look around at the starting HBs in the league. How many elite backs are there? Peterson? Gore? Johnson?

And Peterson didn't even make the playoffs until Favre came on board, proving how much more valuable QB is than RB.

By all means, take a RB in the later rounds. But there's no use in taking a RB in the first 3 rounds for a team that has so many other holes.

Your right,Ben Tate from Auburn Powerback with decent speed. Without Marshawns Attitude.

Your right,Ben Tate from Auburn Powerback with decent speed. Without Marshawns Attitude.

I'd have no problem with that.

Like I said, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to this year's draft. Even though I'm anti-Tebow, if they take him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Same with Clausen who I'm also on the fence about.

The ONLY pick that would make me cry would be Spiller at 9. Because, as I said previously, even IF he's a Hall of Fame player, it would still not help the Bills win the Super Bowl more than fixing the OL, QB, DL would. And, taking a HB early ties up a ton of cap money in a position that is, as we said, overrated in today's high flying NFL.

I should add this ...

I don't really care who they pick at 9, or if they trade back for more picks. I'm putting my faith in the front office's ability to judge talent better than the past three incarnations until they prove me wrong.

This team has so many holes (QB, OL, DL, LB, WR) that they could pick blindfolded and still fill a need at 9. Even if it's someone who's not "popular" on the board.

However, taking a RB, ANY RB at any point in the first 2 rounds would be a waste of a pick and show that this team has learned nothing about how to win in the modern NFL. And that would be very, very bad for us fans.

RB and DB are the one position on the field where we DON'T have anything even close to resembling a need. Lynch and Jackson are good enough to win a Super Bowl with. They can both do as much (or more) than Spiller can to help this team win. There's absolutely no good reason to take Spiller at 9. None.

Truth is, the Bills won't be winning any championships until they get a franchise QB and fix their OL regardless of who their RB is.

Funny you should say that, I've wondered if Jauron threw a dart at the board and that was their selection. :rolleyes:

Spiller has Chris Johnson type speed and can be a game changer with one play, Lynch was looked at by the new regime as trouble before he failed to attend off-season workouts, and now he might just have become excess baggage.

Dez Bryant, trade the #2 pick for Gaither then draft Tebow in the third

I don't know...Sporting News say's that Dez Bryant has the greatest bust potential in the 1st round and has had problems

with authority. Don't we already have that in Lynch??? Don't really need another bad attitude player. I'd rather

Demariyus Thomas WR Georgia Tech who many of the scouts like better and he's not a head case either. You may be lucky enough to get him with the Bills 2nd round pick if he slides slightly. Tebow has a lot of intangibles, but he will need at least 2-3 years of development in a Pro Offense regardless of rather his mechanics are completely overhauled or not...He would be okay for a wildcat offense in time, but that is highly unlikely in Buffalo. I think he's a project with a lot of potential, but I don't think the Bills can afford to wait a few more years until they have a chance at the playoffs and with Tebow that may be what your looking at if everything goes perfect. If things don't happen that way then Tebow may never

make the jump to the Big leaugues as a succesful NFL QB. It would be far from the 1st time that a great college QB couldn't cut it in the NFL. Gaither may be a good trade, but the price may go up as there are other teams interested in him as well...and I definitely don't want to surrender more than one pick. I think if your a team that is rebuilding...and the Bills are...and there is a lot of youth on our team...and drafting more youth...I think that you should keep your picks and build through the draft regardless. Otherwise, we are going to keep trying to rebuild every 3 or 4 years and I want to only go through these growing pains one last time, but get it right this one last time. Get the Best QB you can...the Best OT you can...Best NT you can and WR and even if you have to trade some of next years picks away to do so...you do it...and a late round this year as well...and any players that you don't want on your squad...ie: Lynch, Parrish, etc....Make your big moves this year and lay your foundation for the future!

How can people honestly vote for Spiller? :flirt:

How in the Hell could New Whorleans draft Reggie Bush?

Oh, check out the 'where are they now' column... no longer in the Loser Zone.

Spiller undoubtedly gets votes because he could be the best player available (in some peeps eyes)... that philosophy can build a champeenship also.

You Axed.

I disagree, WR is worthless without an offensive line to protect the QB, a QB that can throw and a RB that can pull 8 in the box.

Then again, that's just how I see it.

How in the Hell could New Whorleans draft Reggie Bush?

Oh, check out the 'where are they now' column... no longer in the Loser Zone.

Spiller undoubtedly gets votes because he could be the best player available (in some peeps eyes)... that philosophy can build a champeenship also.

You Axed.

Sorry, but Reggie Bush did not have much to do with the Saints becoming a good team.