Tony Scheffler

Munch

From ESPN:

Orton might not have two of his top targets back in 2010.

Restricted free agents Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, both of whom ended last season in McDaniels' doghouse, are boycotting the team's offseason workouts and hoping opportunities open up elsewhere.

"They're certainly going through a tough situation right now and I hope it works out for them one way or the other," Orton said. "But we'd love to have them. I'd love to have all of our best players and get ready to have a great season."

Wonder what it would take to land him. Maybe Donte and a late pick? He would help out our offense quite a bit IMO. Not that im against or dont like Nelson, but Scheffler is good. And 2 TE wouldnt be a bad thing at all, especially if we keep captain checkdown.

Scheffler would make more sense if we didn't already have both Nelson and Schouman. Nelson has a lot of potential, and if Trent Edwards starts like you suggested, he's previously stated he feels very comfortable with Schouman.

Scheffler is substantially better than Schoumann. Ill bet if you ask Trent whom he would rather throw to on sunday it would be scheffler. TE is obviously not a top priority position, but its not like we are totally set at it either. We have a practice squad player in schoumann and a 4th rd draft choice rookie. If he could be had at reasonable price, he is absolutely an upgrade.

Scheffler is substantially better than Schoumann. Ill bet if you ask Trent whom he would rather throw to on sunday it would be scheffler. TE is obviously not a top priority position, but its not like we are totally set at it either. We have a practice squad player in schoumann and a 4th rd draft choice rookie. If he could be had at reasonable price, he is absolutely an upgrade.

Dave.....big fan here.....sorry, I'm sure you get that all the time.....i know you are busy touring and all, so i'll get to the post topic....

My friend Jason just went on a road trip and Denver was one of his stops. His truck broke down while there and he is waiting for it to get fixed.....so, I thought this post was like a separate forum. So here is my entry...

Jason Jenkins, unhappy in Denver

Scheffler would make more sense if we didn't already have both Nelson and Schouman. Nelson has a lot of potential, and if Trent Edwards starts like you suggested, he's previously stated he feels very comfortable with Schouman.

Yeah, really. Why break the decade long streak of not bringing in a good TE when we've got a guy "with a lot of potential" and the other guy?

Trent Edwards should not have a say in anything this teams does or does not do. He should not even be on this team.

Man I hope you are under 18 or a female. Dave Matthews Band? Saw them at Darien Lake in what? 95 or 96 I think, thought they were fair at best as a 16 year-old. By the time I was a freshman in college and that Crash song came out, I realized they were incredibly ghea. Then every time I invited a girl up to my room she would always pick out my one Dave Matthews CD from my collection to put in, so I sold it to the used CD store for a buck. This was 1997. Dude, it's 2010, time to let it go. And why is everybody quick to dismiss Schouman? He looked fantastic through two games last year before he got hurt. Perhaps if he played for a coach that knew how to utilize the TE position, he would've been more productive his first two seasons. Then you got Nelson, who from all indications, they seem to be pretty high on. The Bills are all set at TE and will not draft one this year, mark my words.

Yeah, really. Why break the decade long streak of not bringing in a good TE when we've got a guy "with a lot of potential" and the other guy?

I live in Denver and I can tell you that Nelson's potential is twice what we already know Scheffler to be. Scheffler is, much like Dave Matthews, fair at best. I like our TE's and more importantly, we certainly have exponentially more pressing needs.