Draft Whitner's Brother!!!

Lindsey Witten, UCONN DE.

6'4", 250 and a 4.71 forty. 11.5 sacks this year. That's serious.

Year GP TKL TFL SACK

2006 12 39 6.0 3.5

2007 13 23 4.5 2.0

2008 11 19 6.0 5.0

2009 13 45 14.0 11.5

Totals49 126 30.5 22.0

He has a sense of humor:

Lindsey, in his disarming charm and confidence, politely asked if he could "borrow my Timberlands to run his 40."

"Why the hell would you want to do that?" I asked him.

He jabbed, "'Cause I'll still be faster than you in a pair of steel toes."

Touché.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/03/uconns-pro-day...e-yourself.html

Strengths:

An impressive athlete. Has the size and athleticism to play as a defensive end in a 4-3, or outside linebacker in a 3-4. A hard worker on and off the field. A scrappy player that holds up against bigger offensive linemen better than you would expect considering his size.

Weaknesses:

Limited experience; didn't a starting role until his senior year. Strength is marginal . Much better as a pass rusher than in run defense.

Comments:

Younger brother of Bills safety Donte Whitner. Witten is an intriguing prospect who could be a steal if he falls to the 3rd or 4th round. His limited experience gives teams reason to question his ability to play at the next level, but there's no denying his production as a senior. He may need some time to develop and bulk up a little, but could certainly earn a starting role in a year or two.

http://draftace.com/profiles/2010/lindsey_witten.htm

Clearly he'd be a developmental LB for us. Worth a shot?

Too bad Donte didn't get any of his brother's genes. I would've had less of a problem with the FO drafting Whitner over Ngata, if Donte was a 6'2" 215 lb safety that ran a 4.4 40 yard dash (and translated to the field), had hands like glue, and hit like a truck.