Nolan Nawrocki (ProFootballWeekly.com)

Estro

I know everyone here doesn't visit ProFootballWeekly.com, so I wanted to pass on that Nolan Nawrocki has posted his first draft value chart as well as his top 100 prospects for the upcoming draft

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...aft-value-chart

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...ess-of-position

For those not familar with Nawrcoki, I'll just say the guy knows his sh*t. ProFootballWeekly.com has a lot of great draft coverage, keep an eye out for Nawrocki's final mock draft the morning of the draft, guy's money.

I think Linval is there early third...if I were the Bills...I'd be wheeling and dealing...I'd trade with Washington...Move up to 4th pick...give them my 3rd rounder for the swap...then move down in the 2nd to pick a mid third back up and take Linval in the second...third I'd take Pike unless there was a smaller DE that was worth it on the Board that could play OLB...or a big OLB that can rush the passer...

I'd love to see that scenario play out...too bad I wasn't a Pats fan, then I'd have faith we could pull it off...

Okung, unless he goes to Det...if he does I get Bulaga at 4...then I get Joseph...and the future QB or outside rusher...I'd have them Bills dominating next season

If this is close to what pro draft boards look like, why do I have a growing suspicion we take Spiller?

Don't joke about that. Please? I know it's possible but ... if they actually do it? It'll be the first clear sign that Nix has no idea what he's doing, much like our past two (real) GMs. And I WANT to believe in this front office. I do right now.

But if they made that pick ... we'd be doomed to another 3-5 years of horrible decisions.

Don't joke about that. Please? I know it's possible but ... if they actually do it? It'll be the first clear sign that Nix has no idea what he's doing, much like our past two (real) GMs. And I WANT to believe in this front office. I do right now.

But if they made that pick ... we'd be doomed to another 3-5 years of horrible decisions.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, didn't Tennessee have major O-line problems the year they drafted Chris Johnson? Just saying...

Outside of Bradford this years QB's suck. I don't even like Clausen. What I'd love to see happen is for the Bills to build up with the best players available in the 1st and 2nd rounds, no QB's though, because like I said no one outside of Bradford is worth #9 and no one but Clausen is worth #41 and they should both be gone by then. Next year is the year for QB's with Locker and Mallett. Mallet's rocket arm would be a thing of beauty in Buffalo, and if the Bills are picking in the top 10 again next year (possible) they would have a shot at him.

As much as I want the Bills to compete immediately, I truly like the idea of building this team through a couple of solid drafts and Free agency periods. You can give up picks for say....... McNab,b and you're probably better off for next season, but I like a long term approach. I'd rather add a few solid starters in this years draft and get our QB next year. I truly think Mallet is a big time prospect and that the Bills need to consider anything to acquire him. Even if it's not Mallet though, I like the idea of Gailey being able to groom a young talented prospect. Find yourself a young talented QB and you're competing every single year. I don't happen to think that QB exists in this years draft (outside of Bradford).

Guys I happen to like at #9 are: Derrick Morgan, C.J. Spiller, Trent Williams, Brandon Graham, Brian Bulaga

CJ Spiller might be a guy that Gailey was referring to when he said "waterbug".

This pick reminds me of Reggie Bush, RB WR KR with the speed to break a long run every time he touches the ball.

At 5'9"-195 and a 4.27 40...Cris Johnson / Felix Jones type that never missed a game

A finalist for the Doak Walker Award, Spiller had 233 yards rushing in 20 attempts and scored a career high four touchdowns in the ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech on December 5. He now has 1,145 rushing yards this year and 445 receiving yards. He has 50 career touchdowns and needs just one to become Clemson's career leader.

I have np at all with this pick as long as they address a LT at some point, doubtfull Bell emerges as a top left tackle this year.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, didn't Tennessee have major O-line problems the year they drafted Chris Johnson? Just saying...

They also didn't have two quality backs ALREADY ON THE ROSTER.

This is a passing league. Wasting first round picks on HBs, no matter HOW GOOD THEY ARE, is retarded when you already have not one, but two backs capable of winning a championship with. Even more so what you have huge holes on your DL, LB corps, WR corps and of course QB.

Just saying :thumbsup:

Outside of Bradford this years QB's suck. I don't even like Clausen. What I'd love to see happen is for the Bills to build up with the best players available in the 1st and 2nd rounds, no QB's though, because like I said no one outside of Bradford is worth #9 and no one but Clausen is worth #41 and they should both be gone by then. Next year is the year for QB's with Locker and Mallett. Mallet's rocket arm would be a thing of beauty in Buffalo, and if the Bills are picking in the top 10 again next year (possible) they would have a shot at him.

As much as I want the Bills to compete immediately, I truly like the idea of building this team through a couple of solid drafts and Free agency periods. You can give up picks for say....... McNab,b and you're probably better off for next season, but I like a long term approach. I'd rather add a few solid starters in this years draft and get our QB next year. I truly think Mallet is a big time prospect and that the Bills need to consider anything to acquire him. Even if it's not Mallet though, I like the idea of Gailey being able to groom a young talented prospect. Find yourself a young talented QB and you're competing every single year. I don't happen to think that QB exists in this years draft (outside of Bradford).

Guys I happen to like at #9 are: Derrick Morgan, C.J. Spiller, Trent Williams, Brandon Graham, Brian Bulaga

I have no problem with the logic of the first paragraph. Even though I think the Bills need a franchise QB above all else, I'm not sure there is one in this draft outside of Bradford. Even if there was a franchise QB in this draft, the Bills won't contend this year regardless. So, by all means fix the other gaping holes on the team.

However, DO NOT TAKE SPILLER. It would be wasting a valuable pick. Even if he becomes a hall of fame RB, it's a wasted pick.

CJ Spiller might be a guy that Gailey was referring to when he said "waterbug".

This pick reminds me of Reggie Bush, RB WR KR with the speed to break a long run every time he touches the ball.

At 5'9"-195 and a 4.27 40...Cris Johnson / Felix Jones type that never missed a game

A finalist for the Doak Walker Award, Spiller had 233 yards rushing in 20 attempts and scored a career high four touchdowns in the ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech on December 5. He now has 1,145 rushing yards this year and 445 receiving yards. He has 50 career touchdowns and needs just one to become Clemson's career leader.

I have np at all with this pick as long as they address a LT at some point, doubtfull Bell emerges as a top left tackle this year.

No, no, no, no, no, NO!

stop it - if they choose spiller (which i am sure is not their first, second or third choice for the #9 selection) than he will be the best option that is available to them value wise - and that shows that they do have excellent decision making ability.

it is far better to get a rb that probably is as good as or better than our two rb's (who by the way are very good), than to pick up a guy at #9 just to fill a hole that we have because the talent is fair-to-poor at best. that is to say just because it would be an improvement talent wise for us doesnt mean we get good value at that #9 spot. it is not good to improve from fair-to-poor to mediocre when you can add depth or improve on very good at that position (especially when lynch is one bad choice away from being suspended for at least a year)

that is the most rediculous thing i have ever read - absurdly inane at best - wacky craziness at worst

It's not if he doesn't win a ring along with that yellow jacket.

HBs don't win super bowls.

If this team had a franchise QB, a decent O-Line, decent DL, okay WRs & LBs, then sure. A hall of fame HB in the first round would be worth it. Even with Lynch and Jackson on the roster.

But since the Bills have NONE of those things, let alone two or three of those things, wasting their top pick on a HB, NO MATTER HOW GOOD HE IS OR WILL BECOME, is a bad, horrible pick.

Nawrocki's Pro Football Weekly Draft Preview (not to be confused with the draft guide) is the best reasonably priced draft book, IMO.

Thanks for the links.

I'll re-tailor my mock to match his round projections. It's interesting that in the Preview he has Capers listed as a 2nd to third round pick but in his internet breakdown he has Capers as late third round almost fourth.

omg dont be so such a drama queen let me quess you want to pass over a stud playmaker that could score at any touch of the ball for a one of the so called tackles of the draft that have question marks. 0bviously you haven't seen this kid play but u want to jump on the bandwagon and pick one of the tackles at no. 9 that shouldn't be picked that high just because we need one.Nix would be smart to pick Spiller at 9 if he was available at that time or trade down because i dont like any of the tackles at that pick

I know everyone here doesn't visit ProFootballWeekly.com, so I wanted to pass on that Nolan Nawrocki has posted his first draft value chart as well as his top 100 prospects for the upcoming draft

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...aft-value-chart

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...ess-of-position

For those not familar with Nawrcoki, I'll just say the guy knows his sh*t. ProFootballWeekly.com has a lot of great draft coverage, keep an eye out for Nawrocki's final mock draft the morning of the draft, guy's money.

Terrific information. Thank you.

stop it - if they choose spiller (which i am sure is not their first, second or third choice for the #9 selection) than he will be the best option that is available to them value wise - and that shows that they do have excellent decision making ability.

it is far better to get a rb that probably is as good as or better than our two rb's (who by the way are very good), than to pick up a guy at #9 just to fill a hole that we have because the talent is fair-to-poor at best. that is to say just because it would be an improvement talent wise for us doesnt mean we get good value at that #9 spot. it is not good to improve from fair-to-poor to mediocre when you can add depth or improve on very good at that position (especially when lynch is one bad choice away from being suspended for at least a year)

Your post seems to assume that the difference between Spiller at #9th best player and whoever is the #10th or #11th best player, but at a needed position will be the difference between very good and mediocre. It's not. The difference level at that point wold be the difference between extremely good and ever so slightly extremely better. And improving that infinitesimally by picking at a position we're already quite good at ... doesn't make sense.