Survivor: Heroes v. Villains

ajzepp

I'm assuming some of you guys still watch this show since the ratings are so good....

Last season, Russell became one of my favorite players ever on the show...the last two weeks, he did something I've never seen before and it's made for some pretty good tv!

Last night I laughed so hard that my dogs looked at me like I was nuts. They cut to a scene with Boston Rob and Russell sitting on the beach talking. Rob looks over at Russell and says, "so what do you think the strategy should be?". Russell immediately responds, "it's clear to me we need to get rid of the dead weight...the weakest players." Rob says, "ok...so who would that be?" and the next thing you see is Russell pointing in front of him and saying, "them...one of these two". The camera pulled back and you saw that Sandra and Courtney were at the other end of his pointing, and they had been sitting there with them the entire time involved in the meeting! :( Rob gets this uncomfortable smirk on his face and says, "well that's a new approach I've never seen before...just point at the person you want gone and call them out to their face." :wallbash:

Last week I saw perhaps the single greatest move in Survivor history....Russell and Parvati were aligned and they were being targeted by the majority. Russell had a hidden immunity idol, but the most he could do was save himself. He led another member of the tribe, Tyson, to believe that he was giving in and just going to go ahead and vote for Parvati so that he was in the majority. So they go to tribal, they vote, and then Jeff says, "if anyone has a hidden immunity idol, this is the time to use it." Russell gets up, walks over to Jeff, extends the idol out in front of him and says, "ehhh, no....not like this." He turns around, heads toward Parvati and gives HER the idol. Jeff starts reading the votes...."Parvati....doesn't count....Parvati, doesn't count....", etc. Next thing you know, here comes a vote for Tyson....and another....and another....and then all of a sudden, "fifth person eliminated from Survivor.....Tyson" UNREAL!!!! This guy and/or his ally Parvati were dead in the water, and this guy found a way to save BOTH of them while eliminating one of their main threats!

I've always considered Evil Dr. Will from Big Brother II to be the greatest reality player of all time....but if Russell finishes in at least the runner-up spot, I'm going to have to give him the nod. This guy played probably the best game of Survivor ever last year, but got screwed in the vote out of spite. Hopefully he'll win it all this season. :lol:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russel is a moron -- he's lucky he wasn't voted out the week of his little "plot." Tyson is a moron too -- Rob told everyone the plan to avoid any of them from going home, but Tyson got greedy. Rob even spelled out what would happen if they didn't vote the way they needed to vote.

And Russel didn't get screwed last season -- the whole game is to "vote everyone out, but in such a way that they still like you at the end." He still doesn't understand that part of the game, and apparently you don't either with that comment...

He's also at a major advantage this season since nobody else had a chance to watch him play his season, since it didn't air until after this season was already over with. Not really fair, IMHO.

Russel is a moron -- he's lucky he wasn't voted out the week of his little "plot." Tyson is a moron too -- Rob told everyone the plan to avoid any of them from going home, but Tyson got greedy. Rob even spelled out what would happen if they didn't vote the way they needed to vote.

And Russel didn't get screwed last season -- the whole game is to "vote everyone out, but in such a way that they still like you at the end." He still doesn't understand that part of the game, and apparently you don't either with that comment...

He's also at a major advantage this season since nobody else had a chance to watch him play his season, since it didn't air until after this season was already over with. Not really fair, IMHO.

No way, man...this game is about "outwit, outsmart, outlast"....not who likes you or who doesn't like you. If that jury last season had any respect for the game, they would have voted for Russell. He masterminded every single elimination and the only reason that girl won was because she was tight on his coattails from day one of the "dumbass girls alliance". Only a bunch of immature losers would vote against him out of spite, and that's what last season was full of. If I'm stranded on a desert island and had to pick someone to have as a partner in order to survive, I'm picking the best survivor, not the person everyone "likes" the most.

When the game is on, russell is a ruthless, manipulative, SOB, and that's what it takes to survive. I like Boston Rob, but he, Rupert, and Colby have totally lost their edge....they look like they're just on the island to collect a paycheck....no energy, no drive, no strategy. Rob was warning Russell that he was "playing with the big boys" now, and he got punked for not realizing who the BIGGEST boy was.

No way, man...this game is about "outwit, outsmart, outlast"....not who likes you or who doesn't like you. If that jury last season had any respect for the game, they would have voted for Russell.

That's why Richard Hatch won the first season. Kelly was going to win, until Richards speech about the game being Outwit, Outlast, Outsmart. You could see the votes changing in peoples faces listening to him.

That's why Richard Hatch won the first season. Kelly was going to win, until Richards speech about the game being Outwit, Outlast, Outsmart. You could see the votes changing in peoples faces listening to him.

Exactly...survival has nothing to do with being nice. If these players respect the game, they will vote for the ultimate SURVIVOR, not the nicest or most popular player. Russell found a hidden immunity idol last season without a clue not once, not twice, but THREE times. He lied, cheated, and manipulated his way into the finals, and played everyone like a violin every step of the way. It was absolutely masterful, and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise....unless you just don't "like" him :lol:

Ya Tyson is the dumbass in this scenerio, Boston Rob had the fool proof plan that Tyson just couldn't stick to.

Ya Tyson is the dumbass in this scenerio, Boston Rob had the fool proof plan that Tyson just couldn't stick to.

If Boston Rob and Russell could have found a way to align, they would have dominated.

I think it's great when a strong woman kicks butt in this game, but I'm tired of these women (and certain males, even) who do absolutely NOTHING, yet hang around all damn game cause nobody views them as a threat. Thankfully they usually don't win, but it's happened a time or two. That's why I was sad to see Steph go home so early this season...she's a badass and a true competitor. Now that we're getting down to the final 10 or so, it's time to get rid of these boring women. If Rob and Russell would have just gotten rid of courtney, they'd be a lot better off.

Too bad Russell didn't drown Rupert's monkey ass this week, that would've been outstanding.

If Boston Rob and Russell could have found a way to align, they would have dominated.

I think it's great when a strong woman kicks butt in this game, but I'm tired of these women (and certain males, even) who do absolutely NOTHING, yet hang around all damn game cause nobody views them as a threat. Thankfully they usually don't win, but it's happened a time or two. That's why I was sad to see Steph go home so early this season...she's a badass and a true competitor. Now that we're getting down to the final 10 or so, it's time to get rid of these boring women. If Rob and Russell would have just gotten rid of courtney, they'd be a lot better off.

I know the boot order up to the Final 3, and I really want to spoil everything, but I will behave. I will only say that one of my FB friends :( finishes 4th.

How can you say that Rob lost his edge? He masterminded a fool-proof way to get Russel out of the game... Tyson was a moron and that's the ONLY reason Russel didn't go home.

I haven't seen Thursday's episode, but Rob completely outplayed Russel the previous week.

No way, man...this game is about "outwit, outsmart, outlast"....not who likes you or who doesn't like you. If that jury last season had any respect for the game, they would have voted for Russell. He masterminded every single elimination and the only reason that girl won was because she was tight on his coattails from day one of the "dumbass girls alliance". Only a bunch of immature losers would vote against him out of spite, and that's what last season was full of. If I'm stranded on a desert island and had to pick someone to have as a partner in order to survive, I'm picking the best survivor, not the person everyone "likes" the most.

When the game is on, russell is a ruthless, manipulative, SOB, and that's what it takes to survive. I like Boston Rob, but he, Rupert, and Colby have totally lost their edge....they look like they're just on the island to collect a paycheck....no energy, no drive, no strategy. Rob was warning Russell that he was "playing with the big boys" now, and he got punked for not realizing who the BIGGEST boy was.

Russ has got to be the smartest reality player ever. I see Pavarti, Russ and JT in the final 3. JT won Survivor with only one true ally. The geek whose name escapes me. His dynamic duo aligned with all the weak players in his winning season and systematically knocked them all off. Pavarti is also a very smart cookie. Out of the remaining survivors, the only one I see Russ beating is Parvati. His loyal act in giving Parvati the immunity idol, I think will be the deciding factor in the vote.

Is Coach the most annoying player in Survivor history? He gets my vote!!

Russel is easily the best player ever on this show. He thinks of every angle and max's out every advantage he can. Even the little nuances like when he gave the immunity idol to Parvity, he said, paraphrasing here, "I'm loyal and stick to my word" as he gave it to her. That was clearly meant to reinforce his bond with "The Coach" knowing that loyalty and his word are his biggest things. Russel is anything but a moron. Last season his tribe was totally on the outs as they were outnumbered and he masterminded the comeback. Your right ajzepp. That blond chick had no business winning. That wimpy bartender who thought he was so smart got outed by his own team and that blond chick was the cause IIRC. And he voted for her at the end. What a dumbass.

Exactly...survival has nothing to do with being nice. If these players respect the game, they will vote for the ultimate SURVIVOR, not the nicest or most popular player. Russell found a hidden immunity idol last season without a clue not once, not twice, but THREE times. He lied, cheated, and manipulated his way into the finals, and played everyone like a violin every step of the way. It was absolutely masterful, and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise....unless you just don't "like" him :(

If that was the case then why didn't Russell win the first time?

Russ has got to be the smartest reality player ever. I see Pavarti, Russ and JT in the final 3. JT won Survivor with only one true ally. The geek whose name escapes me. His dynamic duo aligned with all the weak players in his winning season and systematically knocked them all off. Pavarti is also a very smart cookie. Out of the remaining survivors, the only one I see Russ beating is Parvati. His loyal act in giving Parvati the immunity idol, I think will be the deciding factor in the vote.

Is Coach the most annoying player in Survivor history? He gets my vote!!

Geri, Jerry, Jeri, or how ever the hell you spell her name.

If that was the case then why didn't Russell win the first time?

Because the jury voting in Survivor often turns into a elementary school popularity contest instead of voting for someone that legitimately played the game the best. In this instance people were literally angry that they had been so masterfully outmaneuvered that they wouldn't vote for Russel.

Because the jury voting in Survivor often turns into a elementary school popularity contest instead of voting for someone that legitimately played the game the best. In this instance people were literally angry that they had been so masterfully outmaneuvered that they wouldn't vote for Russel.

Exactly. My point in my earlier post about that bartender guy. He was pissed at Russel because he got outplayed so he voted for the blonde. I barely remember her and for good reason. She did very little except ride Russell's coat tails and benefited from his strategizing an maneuvering.

Too bad Russell didn't drown Rupert's monkey ass this week, that would've been outstanding.

I know the boot order up to the Final 3, and I really want to spoil everything, but I will behave. I will only say that one of my FB friends :( finishes 4th.

Do you work on the show or for CBS?

How can you say that Rob lost his edge? He masterminded a fool-proof way to get Russel out of the game... Tyson was a moron and that's the ONLY reason Russel didn't go home.

I haven't seen Thursday's episode, but Rob completely outplayed Russel the previous week.

I wanted to see Rob stick around, but he's nothing like the player he used to be. I agree that Tyson was a moron, but that was courtesy of Russell! lol Russell has people so screwed up trying to figure out what he's going to do or what he's thinking, that it takes people completely out of their game. Last season was absolutely masterful! I've never seen anyone on any reality show completely manipulate people from start to finish like he did. When you watch this week's show, you'll see during tribal when he says, "if you target me, you're going to be the one to go"....and every time he's been the target, that's exactly what happened. I can understand if people don't like his game, cause his game is leaps and bounds above anyone else's at this point and it's probably tough for some of them to swallow...but the fact of the matter is that the guy is an absolute badass!