41. Buffalo Bills — Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

1B4IDie

Agree.... and Reed could have done more damage IMO without having to deal with miserable coaching throughout his time here.

Coaching has nothign to do with catching the football. I like Reed and he was serviceable but was ultimately done in because of his NFL limitations - speed, size, and hands. Tate is a much more explosive player and the Steve Smith comparison is a good one. He also went to ND as a running back, so he's still learning the position.

That said, with all of the needs we have for big guys, taking a receiver before the 4th or 5th (I love Eric Decker of Minnesota and he should be available then), it would be stupid to take a recevier in the 2nd. Taking 4 receivers in the first 2 rounds helps led to a decade without playoff football.

I like Tate and think he improved his physical play last season, but I would be wary of drafting another small WR when we've already tied up a lot in Evans. But mostly, I think the weaknesses in other areas are so significant that the Bills simply can't afford to spend any picks in the first 4-5 rounds on WR/RB/DB.

I agree that there are major weaknesses at other positions, but really, the Bills have only 1 #1, 2 and 3 WR and his

name is Lee Evans. NOBODY else on the roster has caught more than a handful of passes in their NFL careers. I am

not advocating taking a WR in the 1st 2 rounds, BUT, it is probably as big of a need as any other position on the

roster. That being said, it is probably easier to find an older FA that can be at least moderately servicable at WR

than at LT and NT.

Coaching has nothign to do with catching the football. I like Reed and he was serviceable but was ultimately done in because of his NFL limitations - speed, size, and hands. Tate is a much more explosive player and the Steve Smith comparison is a good one. He also went to ND as a running back, so he's still learning the position.

That said, with all of the needs we have for big guys, taking a receiver before the 4th or 5th (I love Eric Decker of Minnesota and he should be available then), it would be stupid to take a recevier in the 2nd. Taking 4 receivers in the first 2 rounds helps led to a decade without playoff football.

He caught the football or weren't you watching ?