USA Today Mock draft.

The Bills were very fortunate to win 6 games last year. They could easily improve in a lot of areas and still not win that many. The run defense was terrible. They need a good NT for the 3-4 to work. The offensive line was a shambles.

No need is greater than getting a true franchise QB, however. Few teams have won Super Bowls without one.

If they don't believe in Clausen then yes pass on him. With the amount of money that would be invested in him you'd be looking at 3 or more likely 4 years until they'd be willing to replace him.

On the other hand if they pass on him and he turns out to be great the decision will come back to haunt them because they're looking at another 6-10 finish.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not loking for the fast fix.. I want to see this franchis great for years to come.. Thats why I say an OT in the first and a potential QB in the second.And sorry folks, this is not a great year for QB's in the draft.....So, get that dominant lineman at #9. After that get a guy who can potentiallly be great.....In my mind that potential in the second belonggs to Tebow.

I'd rather gamble on Tebow than the 3rd or 4th best OT. Nothing is a sure bet, and if Nix/Gailey believe in Tebow, pull the trigger. At worst, he'd be an excellent halfback and short yardage QB for the 1st two years. Maybe trade down a few spots, pick up at least another 3rd rounder, and take Tebow. The 3rd or 4th best OT isn't turning this franchise around.

Yes, let's waste the #9 pick on Tebow, even though this is one of the deepest drafts in a very long time. That totally makes sense. I know i want a QB who struggles with accuracy, reading defenses, and has a terrible throwing motion leading the Bills.

Didn't the Bills get beat in a super bowl by a back up QB with a great running game. Isn't Trent Dilfer a winning super bowl QB? And Eli Manning over the "Anoited One", Child, please. Lets build a team.....Lets build to win our division. Stop the run.....Kick the s-t out of the oppossing QB. Now thats easy....Now , lets get the people to do it....

If Clausen is there at 9, take him in a heartbeat. If I'm running the Bills draft, whoever drafts at 10 better be ready because we only take like 10 seconds to get our pick up to Goodel. Only problem is, he'll be long gone by the time we draft.

No way on the pick Claussen immediately as the Bills would downright foolish not to wait for some fool team to offer them value in a trade well above what the 9th is worth on most conversion charts. The Bills would be foolish not to take 2 early picks in exchange for Claussen if some team is foolish enough to give up two likely starters for the crapshoot that any 1s round QB pick would be.

Didn't the Bills get beat in a super bowl by a back up QB with a great running game. Isn't Trent Dilfer a winning super bowl QB? And Eli Manning over the "Anoited One", Child, please. Lets build a team.....Lets build to win our division. Stop the run.....Kick the s-t out of the oppossing QB. Now thats easy....Now , lets get the people to do it....

Hostetler may have been a backup while he was with the Giants, but he later went on to prove himself a solid starter. As for Dilfer: the Ravens had one of the three best defenses in NFL history. And they had Jon Ogden at LT: a guy who played at or near Hall of Fame level. And they had Jamal Lewis and his 2000 rushing yards for the season. So if you think the Bills can be the next Ravens on defense, and can have the next Ogden-style offensive line, and can have the next 2000 yard rusher/Jamal Lewis at RB, then yeah. They can get away with a Dilfer at QB if they do all that. But note one thing: the Ravens only won one Super Bowl despite all that other stuff. Largely because of their weakness at QB.

As for Eli Manning: this past season he had 7.9 yards per pass attempt, a QB rating of 93.1, and threw for 27 TDs to just 14 INTs. Not exactly chopped liver. He didn't play as well as that the year the Giants went to the Super Bowl, which is a big reason why they only went 9-7 in the regular season. But Manning stepped it up in the postseason, and played very well. Which was a big reason for the Giants' Super Bowl win.