Public Employee Pensions

I know, you are saying that the unions negotiate their contracts with those whom they support during the election years. Yes, those very elected officials are in the pocket of the union. :rolleyes:

Again, you are right... everyone is corrupt.

Uh, thanks for repeating my post. Is this in lieu of an actual answer?

What a shock.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, thanks for repeating my post. Is this in lieu of an actual answer?

What a shock.

No dick. Because you stated the answer. Elected officials or some sort of officer of the state will sign off on contracts.

No dick. Because you stated the answer. Elected officials or some sort of officer of the state will sign off on contracts.

Very good. And if you can't see the fallacy in that cozy arrangement than you are not only a union scumbag, but as dumb as dirt too.

Very good. And if you can't see the fallacy in that cozy arrangement than you are not only a union scumbag, but as dumb as dirt too.

Ok. As I stated before. We will never see eye to eye on this because you believe that one bad person/corrupt deal involving a union means all people associated with unions and all of their contracts are dirty or in your usual nasty tone. Union scumbags.

Hell, I could say that about the management within every company or state right? They all skim money or give themselves ridiculous bonuses or cook the books. But I know better than that. I don't and will never make a blanket statement like that.

I will say (again) that yes, I do know and understand that unions have those types of people within. I wish they could find and remove them, no matter how high up they are within the union. I have also said that I wish unions would smarten up, reevaluate and renegotiate their contracts. Especially when they know for a fact that they may a primary or even secondary cause for a state or institutions financial problems.

We don't see eye to eye and that's fine.

Ok. As I stated before. We will never see eye to eye on this because you believe that one bad person/corrupt deal involving a union means all people associated with unions and all of their contracts are dirty or in your usual nasty tone. Union scumbags.

It's not "one bad person" you moron, it's the fact that the entire structure is fatally flawed and practically guarantees corruption and waste. There are thousands of examples of corrupt deals as proof; I'm just not going to spend 3 days posting them all here, but will start doing so as I come across them if it makes you happy.

Let's start with the "rubber room" b.s. and hear you defend that crap.

It's not "one bad person" you moron, it's the fact that the entire structure is fatally flawed and practically guarantees corruption and waste. There are thousands of examples of corrupt deals as proof; I'm just not going to spend 3 days posting them all here, but will start doing so as I come across them if it makes you happy.

Do they actually dispense them there? Are they free?

For those who are on a pension retirement, how much do they take out of each paycheck? They take 6.5% out of my gross pay every check.

For my retirement, they take 8%.

~22% for my total deductions which include health, dental, medicare, federal, state, etc.

Do you pay Social Security?

Nope

One could say there is thousands of examples of corrupt businessmen.... does that mean that they are all corrupt? No.

I'm not debating that there is corruption, it does not mean that EVERY single union person as you act is a union scumbag, Again, blanket statements.

One could say there is thousands of examples of corrupt businessmen.... does that mean that they are all corrupt? No.

I'm not debating that there is corruption, it does not mean that EVERY single union person as you act is a union scumbag, Again, blanket statements.

I don't think it's the unions we're concerned about being scumbags in this equation. It's the folks on the other side of the sweet deal that we think are scumbags that will do anything to get re-elected.

I don't think it's the unions we're concerned about being scumbags in this equation. It's the folks on the other side of the sweet deal that we think are scumbags that will do anything to get re-elected.

I hope you're not saying that there isn't a lot of corruption in the union upper echelons? Rank & file? They get a little bit of a pass, but they can vote the bstards out I guess, if they don't care if they walk again.

I agree with you on that. Both sides of the aisle have a lot of people doing/saying whatever it takes to save their butts in the Fall.

Would you expect business corruption to be lower or higher if:

- Each buyer was legally obligated to deal with a single supplier company, without competition

- That supplier company could refuse to provide goods and services if its terms were not met, with legal protection against retribution

- Supplier companies could strike together in support of one another

- Any attempt to provide the goods and services internally would be met by a campaign of demonization

Would you expect business corruption to be lower or higher if:

- Each buyer was legally obligated to deal with a single supplier company, without competition

- That supplier company could refuse to provide goods and services if its terms were not met, with legal protection against retribution

- Supplier companies could strike together in support of one another

- Any attempt to provide the goods and services internally would be met by a campaign of demonization

I see your point. My point is simple. Don't use blanket statements.