[closed]Do you really believe the Bills will trade for Mcnabb?

If the Bills trade for Mcnabb they would be going against they're "build through the draft" philosophy. I also highly doubt Ralph gives Mcnabb an extension comensurate wth a QB of Mcnabb's caliber. I think the Bills will come out, after Mcnabb is dealt to another team and say, " we were just doing our due diligence, there were never any serious discussions".

I think the chances of Mcnabb coming to the Bills is about as same as Peyton Manning coming to Buffalo! I really wish I could get excited about the possibility.

I think they would consider a trade if McNabb would commit to a contract extension. However, the reality of the situation is that I see no way he would even consider coming to Buffalo and play for such a dysfunctional organization. And I'm also amused why Philly would even consider trading him. He's a proven winner. Why on earth would you trade your franchise QB when you don't know if the guys who would replace him in Kolb and Vick can even play? I'm mean, that type of move sounds like something the Bills would do. See Jason Peters.

I think they would consider a trade if McNabb would commit to a contract extension. However, the reality of the situation is that I see no way he would even consider coming to Buffalo and play for such a dysfunctional organization. And I'm also amused why Philly would even consider trading him. He's a proven winner. Why on earth would you trade your franchise QB when you don't know if the guys who would replace him in Kolb and Vick can even play? I'm mean, that type of move sounds like something the Bills would do. See Jason Peters.

I think Mcnabb is still pissed that Reid benched him two years ago. I like the way Mcnabb plays, but he always a little weird in interviews!

I think they should keep all their picks for the time being. Philly is stuck with three QB's and has to unload one. They have already publicized that McNabb is not going to be their QB. There is no pressure on Buffalo to meet their current demands.

Buffalo should hold their cards until the price comes down. The 2010 second round pick is likely a starter in the trenches where we need help.

McNabb is not going to put Buffalo in the playoffs in year one. He has a one year contract currently in place.

Further, Buddy is a lifelong scout so I doubt he wants to give up his early picks in his first draft.

I think they should keep all their picks for the time being. Philly is stuck with three QB's and has to unload one. They have already publicized that McNabb is not going to be their QB. There is no pressure on Buffalo to meet their current demands.

Buffalo should hold their cards until the price comes down. The 2010 second round pick is likely a starter in the trenches where we need help.

McNabb is not going to put Buffalo in the playoffs in year one. He has a one year contract currently in place.

Further, Buddy is a lifelong scout so I doubt he wants to give up his early picks in his first draft.

I whole heartedly agree with you.

To me, this could be an indication that Nix and company might not be thrilled with the QB talent in the draft.... Especially if the Raiders and Rams have made those calls as well (assuming reports are accurate) Seattle and Cleveland are bringing new QB talent in too... Perhaps they are all under the same impression of Clausen, Bradford. McCoy...etc.

I just don't want a 33 YO QB that requires and investment of a high pick and so much coin....

If the Bills trade for Mcnabb they would be going against they're "build through the draft" philosophy. I also highly doubt Ralph gives Mcnabb an extension comensurate wth a QB of Mcnabb's caliber. I think the Bills will come out, after Mcnabb is dealt to another team and say, " we were just doing our due diligence, there were never any serious discussions".

I think the chances of Mcnabb coming to the Bills is about as same as Peyton Manning coming to Buffalo! I really wish I could get excited about the possibility.

I doubt McNabb will sign a contract with the Bills.

Its a genuine belief to build through the draft but if you can get an experienced QB with succes that Mcnabb has had you take the chance on the veteran because that is almost instant improvement. How many draft picks have we spent on a QB that has not worked out lets see 1&3, 1, 1, 3 so thats three first and two thirds one of the things that Mcnabb can do is allow us the opprotunity to draft and his veteran knowledge should help groom him while giveing us the potential to compete for the playoffs. I say he has a solid 4 years left.

Now with all the above said the ability of the Bills being able to trade for MCnabb actually comes down to MCnabb. The ae not gong to waste a draft pick for a 1 year player. Mcnabb woould have to sign an extenstion before the trade goes thru. Unfortunatley many say he would not come to Buffalo. I would do what ever it took to entice McNabb to come to buffalo and by giving my second rounder I guarentee that my QB is secured for the next 4 years. Any other draft pick used on a QB in this draft is no huarentee they would be a starter or ever be in the NFL.

"If" McNabb agrees to a contract extension, I see the deal getting done. I don't think any team is going to give up a second or third round pick for a year of service.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the deal ending up to be a 3rd and Whitner.

"If" McNabb agrees to a contract extension, I see the deal getting done. I don't think any team is going to give up a second or third round pick for a year of service.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the deal ending up to be a 3rd and Whitner.

Isn't Jauron the DB coach in Philly now? Remember, you can't have enough DB's. :rolleyes:

Unfounded media reports on ESPN report that

"Top 42 Pick for McNabb"

The Bills have 41

Could there be any more direct communication through the media? That's what makes it seem unlikely this actually came from the Eagles

I doubt the Bills have the Balls to do it although I would much rather have McNabb for the next 3-4 years over

Jimmy Cluassen

Dan LeFevour

Pie Crumb

Bacon Fat

Various other leftovers

Drafting a 33 year old McNabb with the 2.09 is not a bad short term or long term move.

After you make the move you might even be able to package 2 of 3 QBs for late round picks. TE and Brohm for a 5th.

There is too little left in the tank to justify the expense. I know people can compare his situation to Favre, but the reality is he will be playing behind a weak line if he came here. When Favre went to the Jets, they had a much better line. Plus The Vikings have a very good line, so you just can't make the same comparison. McNabb will be running a lot. In the past, he could do that, but he is not the same runner he used to be. Let's get real, He will want a lot of money in a contract extention and will command a second round pick this year just to get him. That is a lot for a franchise that's trying to stay a float in the NFL. Yes he will bring revenue here, and he will compete for a couple of years, but that's it. It's another Bledsoe situation. I do like McNabb, I think he can make this team better, but, we need a good player in the 2nd round. A Nose Tackle would be huge right about now. Plus, Ralph will never sign off on a extention. I don't blame him. McNabb will want top Dollar.

Without a long term deal, it just doesn't make sense to deal for him. The only way I would want this happening is if

1) the Bills aren't high on any QB in this draft

2) McNabb signs a long term deal

3) Bills target a QB like Locker or Mallett

Can we agree that this year is going to be a player development season? Its going to be like having 20 preseason games. I believe next year we get a QB via draft or trade.

What I am not understanding is the objections to getting McNabb "because we need linemen"

At this point trading for DM means give up a 2nd round pick or later.........we have the 9th overall pick in the draft.....giving us two outstanding options

a. We stand our ground and just take a OT at 9. Bulaga could very well be there

b. If Bulaga is NOT there then we trade down and take someone like the OT out of USC who is supposed to be a very good pass protector......then you use whatever selection we got in the trade for another OT, a DT, a offensive weapon....etc etc

I personally would like option a.