Where has the time gone?

But weren't you the one that said the Bills organization was a joke and irrelevant? If I'm wrong then I apologize.

I've had my share of rants and complaints of past administrators but I never swayed in my loyalty to the franchise or it's teams. I can't believe that everyone on this board has been completely satisfied and content with every decision and personnel move from every administrator that has graced our organization.

If there is ANY kind of doubt or confusion to my loyalty to this franchise then I think that there are some long standing members on this board that can attest if I'm a fair weather fan.

Then let the good people of Billsville speak!

I don't think there are many fairweather Bills fans...seeing as how there's never any fair weather in Buffalo or in being a fan of the franchise...hehehehe...don't matter though...I once tried to abandon being a Bills fan for my hometown Patriots...yeah that last one week...it was disgusting trying to root for them...just gross...

Also, I'm not all sentimental about it...I came into being a fan when Bruce and Kelly were taring it up...I was around 12 and since I am one of those ghetto single mother things...had nothing to do with a father son type thing...it was dude, the Bills are a football machine...sweet...I'll like them...and I never stopped cheering...I bought my Tod Collins Jersey and my EMO jerseys and my Flutie Flakes and a Rob Johnson jersey...and of Course TKO...I have my Bryce Paup poster...and my lucky Bills hat that isn't so damn lucky...I can't wait to destroy the league again like when I first starting watching football...I miss them days

I've had my share of rants and complaints of past administrators but I never swayed in my loyalty to the franchise or it's teams. I can't believe that everyone on this board has been completely satisfied and content with every decision and personnel move from every administrator that has graced our organization.

If there is ANY kind of doubt or confusion to my loyalty to this franchise then I think that there are some long standing members on this board that can attest if I'm a fair weather fan.

Then the good people of Billsville speak!

Just kidding.

It was me who said that.

And I'm right.

But I'm still a Bills fan anyway.

I enjoyed your post. It's fine to have unconditional love for the team. What's wrong is hating fellow fans who question the organizations incompetence. It's still a product.

Then the good people of Billsville speak!

Tipster - you are a Bills fan of the highest order!

I had a saying about my kid brother growing up. He was a snotty nose punk who would rile up the neighborhood and then come running home to me to protect him. He was my brother, so I couldn't let anyone else beat him up. So I used to tell them.....

Hey, he's my brother.If he needs a beating, I'll give it to him, BUT YOU DONT TOUCH HIM!

Being a Bills fan is the same way. They rile Bills Nation up, the rest of the country ridicules them. But like Tipster, I have defended them along the way as I moved around the country. But when they need a verbal beating, we'll give them the beating they deserve because they are just like family.

So if you read my posts, you now understand my frequent sign-off line....

"Da Bills......they're an ugly mutt, but they're MY MUTT!!" :blink:

BTW - My kid brother is now a snotty nose adult, but he is still a BILLS FAN too!

I remember me and a friend of mine were driving to the playoff game against Houston back in 1993, when a light came on in my car. We ignored it, as we always did...it came on all the time, usually about 30 minutes after I started driving.

The light came on again on the way home- and this time we couldn't ignore it. You see, what the light said was 'Oil/Choke'

We nearly went off the road laughing.

What amazes me is how much my life has changed since the Bills were last in the playoffs.

Since the Throw-Forward, I have done the following:

(1) Graduated high school

(2) Seen my last three grandparents die

(3) Graduated college

(4) Gotten engaged

(5) Gotten married

(6) Graduated grad school

(7) Bought my first house

(and I am about to have my first child)

What amazes me is how much my life has changed since the Bills were last in the playoffs.

Since the Throw-Forward, I have done the following:

(1) Graduated high school

(2) Seen my last three grandparents die

(3) Graduated college

(4) Gotten engaged

(5) Gotten married

(6) Graduated grad school

(7) Bought my first house

(and I am about to have my first child)

I've been a fan of the Bills since 1972 and the the scary part is that they never won a Super Bowl. If I could only witness this event then I think that I would have some kind of closure to my life. It's actually kind of pathetic.

I've been a fan of the Bills since 1972 and the the scary part is that they never won a Super Bowl. If I could only witness this event then I think that I would have some kind of closure to my life. It's actually kind of pathetic.

the true measure of your bill's fan-ish-ness is if you hoped the Saints would choke like a monica on a president so that they wouldn't leave the fraternity of those-that-have-been-close-but-have-never-won-a-Super-Bowl (it's not a gang, it's a club).

personally, i was pulling for the colts in spite of myself, i kinda like the peyton-mystique with the losses and all, but couldn't hate 'em when the Saints won. something about drew breezzzzzzz's story was heart-warming.

good news---i was pretty jealous 20 minutes later because there's not much of my heart left for this kind of thing.

great read, i enjoyed it, and that perverse satisfaction is definitely a big part of it for me.