[closed]How can any Bills fan NOT want McNabb?

I've heard it all the past few days.

"We're in the rebuilding process, you don't rebuild with aging vets." WRONG KOOL-AID breath!!! We've been in the "rebuilding process for 10 years. You know who you don't rebuild with? You don't rebuild with J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards. You don't rebuild with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

"McNabb may only have 2-3 good years left"

oh wow, ONLY 2-3 good years? Well, that's not even worth it. Let's just continue to suck for the next 10 years taking chances on unworthy draft prospects. God forbid we actually experience success for a short period of time.

"It might hurt Brian Brohm's development" WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? more like...."WHO?"

Oh, I know, the guy who 4 years ago was considered a first round draft pick at QB until his gimmick system HC left and exposed him for the fundamental mess he truly is.....the guy who was overdrafted by Green Bay and then shown the door after a year because they didn't even think he was worth stashing and trading...yes...LET'S NOT GET A PROVEN PRO BOWL QB, BECAUSE IT MIGHT HURT BRIAN BROHM'S DEVELOPMENT.

You know what hurt Brian Brohm's development? Losing out to a 7th round draft pick with a jello arm in Green Bay. If Brian Brohm ever wants to MATTER again in the NFL, he needs to do it on his own. A team should not hold off on better options because this former 2nd round pick turned practice squader MIGHT be good someday.

the only way i can say yes to it is if we get him and tebow... that way we're set for a few years.

other than that, meh. gailey has done more with worse than what we have here in buffalo. if he can work with TE or Brohm, then so be it

The only way you want McNabb is if we add to our FB depth chart?

Didn't we already try this with Bledsoe a few years back? No thanks..

This is the most ludacris argument for not getting McNabb. Because Bledsoe only had 2 good seasons, means McNabb is not going to be good.

He has been good his entire career.

He will be better than anyhting we pick up in the draft.

We dont have to ruin another rookie by starting him right away.

... I could go on ...

the only way i can say yes to it is if we get him and tebow... that way we're set for a few years.

other than that, meh. gailey has done more with worse than what we have here in buffalo. if he can work with TE or Brohm, then so be it

OK yes he can manage the game with below average QB's. Imagine what he can do with a great one.

I dont understand why people are willing to settle for mediocrity all of the sudden, with our QB's?

The only way you want McNabb is if we add to our FB depth chart?

the way i see it is they have similar playing styles, so having mcnabb on board to help tebow develop would be a good thing. then when mcnabb's 2-3 good years is over we are set for another 10 or so

Didn't we already try this with Bledsoe a few years back? No thanks..

Are you comparing Bledsoe to McNabb? Not really a far comparision, and if you remember, Bledsoe was the man his first year in Buffalo. Only reason we did nt make the playoffs his first year was our D sucked. Then after that first year Bledsoe got happy feet and sucked. BUT DONOVAN MCNABB AND DREW DONTTHROW Are 2 Totally Different Players

Another McNabb thread, OK well...

Nobody is denying that McNabb is a "franchise" top ten QB and the fact the Philly media and fans are eager to see him get traded away is Ludicrous. The guy has been the best thing to happen to that city since Jaws and Dick Vermeil, actually he is way better then Jaws.

Trading for him might seem like a "no brainer" and It would be a "no brainer" IF the Bills were an established team like Minnesota and only lacking a QB, they are not.

The Bills are about to start from scratch and rebuild the entire offensive and defensive schemes, they need players and lots of them.

They need a starting LT, LB, WR, NT, just to start and could easily find all those and fit them in, if they keep all their draft picks and use them.

Should the Bills make the trade it surely would incite Bills fans to purchase season tickets now wouldn't it? hrmmmm...

Me personally, my take is... it would be a quick fix to an old problem, if Philly can't get back to the super bowl with McNabb, then how on earth could the Bills when they are 3 years or more behind the Eagles in development.

The O line still needs repairing with no LT in sight just yet, and what if they draft another Mike Williams? The schemes need to be set up and all the players and coaches need to learn the schemes...2-3 years IMO.

I'd rather see the Bills take a young QB and develop him, or if they feel Brohm can be the guy in two years, then state that and develop him.

Drafting Clausen or Tebow might also incite the fans to buy tickets, who would you rather see in Buffalo?

the way i see it is they have similar playing styles, so having mcnabb on board to help tebow develop would be a good thing. then when mcnabb's 2-3 good years is over we are set for another 10 or so

Similar playing styles? On McNabb's worst day, he is 50 times the player Tebow will ever be.

I would love to see McNabb come to Buffalo - As a QB coach in the future, or as a free agent acquisition this year with no draft picks given up, AS A BACKUP. I do not want any player who will just put a few W's in the win column on the field any more. Before people slamn me, here's my logic:

- I am no longer happy with "almost" and "2nd place" finishes, and someone explain to me when McNabb has done any better. Statistically, he has great numbers and might possibly be fun to watch, but that is all you will get. I don't care if joe Schmoe hands the ball off to Fred Jackson all the way to a SuperBowl win(See Eli Manning) as long as the team is good, and wins. I simply don't see McNabb for draft pick getting us closer to that.

- There's just something that says to me "We aren't confident enough in our team and management to pick our own great QB" when you bring in a 10+ year QB. Most teams don't get very far with a QB this late in the game, and Favre is an exception, he's just great and the team he went to was pretty awesome to boot. Besides, Favre lost on the NFC champoinship game, and that's more painful to me than going 7-9.

- I really don't want to see the team give a way good draft picks for a anyone who is not part of the future plans. So what if we win some games, or make the playoffs next year, it will mortgage the future for a weak playoff entry, and I don't like that approach.

You asked the question, please respect my response and opinion...

I would love to see McNabb come to Buffalo - As a QB coach in the future, or as a free agent acquisition this year with no draft picks given up, AS A BACKUP. I do not want any player who will just put a few W's in the win column on the field any more. Before people slamn me, here's my logic:

- I am no longer happy with "almost" and "2nd place" finishes, and someone explain to me when McNabb has done any better. Statistically, he has great numbers and might possibly be fun to watch, but that is all you will get. I don't care if joe Schmoe hands the ball off to Fred Jackson all the way to a SuperBowl win(See Eli Manning) as long as the team is good, and wins. I simply don't see McNabb for draft pick getting us closer to that.

- There's just something that says to me "We aren't confident enough in our team and management to pick our own great QB" when you bring in a 10+ year QB. Most teams don't get very far with a QB this late in the game, and Favre is an exception, he's just great and the team he went to was pretty awesome to boot. Besides, Favre lost on the NFC champoinship game, and that's more painful to me than going 7-9.

- I really don't want to see the team give a way good draft picks for a anyone who is not part of the future plans. So what if we win some games, or make the playoffs next year, it will mortgage the future for a weak playoff entry, and I don't like that approach.

You asked the question, please respect my response and opinion...

- He has been in the league 11 years, been to the playoffs 8 times.

- 5 NFC title games, 4 straight i may add, one not to long ago either.

- Has a better w-l record then any of Bills qb's combined for the last 10 or so years.

We have not been able to get even a sniff of the playoffs, and you want to complain McNabb would only get us to second place?

- He has been in the league 11 years, been to the playoffs 8 times.

- 5 NFC title games, 4 straight i may add, one not to long ago either.

- Has a better w-l record then any of Bills qb's combined for the last 10 or so years.

We have not been able to get even a sniff of the playoffs, and you want to complain McNabb would only get us to second place?

Yes. I could care less about the few extra games we will win with him. Care...Less. The lack of champoinships by Buffalo franchises has not weakened me for wanting a winner. Mcnabb is good for 2nd place or slightly worse in his career.

No thanks. Draft someone or trade for a Good, younger franchise QB... McNabb will only mortgage the future of the teams progress.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.