No to Lefevour

and his entire career-NCAA div 1 all time TD record holder, Dan Lefevour,

why is it so hard just to give the guy a little credit, he played great in his time there, set all sorts of records, and basically was a key element in putting that program on the map.

It's not hard to give the kid credit, he had a hell of a college career. I was just responding in agreement with the poster who said the senior bowl is useless. I also disagreed with the statement that he did more than Tim Tebow.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hard to give the kid credit, he had a hell of a college career. I was just responding in agreement with the poster who said the senior bowl is useless. I also disagreed with the statement that he did more than Tim Tebow.

I said he did more with less, tebow was surrounded by top level talent on both sides of the ball, not so much for Lefevour, if you wanna talk about "willing his team to win" DL did alot of that with virtually no supporting cast.

I said he did more with less, tebow was surrounded by top level talent on both sides of the ball, not so much for Lefevour, if you wanna talk about "willing his team to win" DL did alot of that with virtually no supporting cast.

Tebow and and LeFevor are similar players and both of them are going to have NFL careers. Tebow is going to be drafted in the late first or second round and Lefevor is going to be drafted in the third or 4th round. I have no problem at all with The Bills taking Tebow in the second or Lefevor in the 3rd.

Do you understand what "more with less" means? It implies his career surpassed Tebow's despite having less talent on his team. Lefevour had a nice career but he doesn't even approach TT's career, regardless of how you want stack up the talent level. Do you think the MAC is as competitive as the SEC?

Do you understand what "more with less" means? It implies his career surpassed Tebow's despite having less talent on his team. Lefevour had a nice career but he doesn't even approach TT's career, regardless of how you want stack up the talent level. Do you think the MAC is as competitive as the SEC?

No the MAC clearly is not equivalent with the SEC, what I meant is that he had a just as successful a career (since the MAC doesnt get BCS bids) and he put up equivalent stats, but with less surrounding talent. Chris Leak won a Nat'l championship with all that talent surrounding him, I am absolutely sure that DL would've done the same had he gone to florida

You beat me to it. Zac had the best day for sure, unless you want to slice and dice statistics to death.

What is slicing and dicing? Lefevour accounted for more touchdowns, less turnovers, and a high ypa. He just didn't have as many attempts as Robinson.

He played in the MAC, which is Pop Warner compared to the SEC.

yeah cause Roethlisburger clearly is not nearly as good as Jamarcus Russell :thumbsup:

Where he played is one of the worst arguements to make, how he played is much more relevant, and how he played was great, record breaking, and elite level.

Todd McShay rips on Levefour, says he's the most overrated prospect in the draft, and believes that he's a 5th or 6th round talent. Makes the following points:

- stiff upper body

- inaccurate

- no idea about the pro-style passing game

- indecisive

- doesn't think he's a good leader

- won a lot of games at a middle level school

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5027351

Go to about the 5:45 mark where he begins on this.

why, Lefevour did more with Less than tebow

Are you referring to his team's substantially worse record against far inferior competition, or to the fact that he did not win the Heisman? I see the argument you are trying to make: the lack of quality players around him affected those things. But Tebow earned his accomplishments in a conference, that let's be honest, was FAR superior to anything Lefevour ever had to play against. Case in point:

2008 vs Georgia Bulldogs (which both played against and which had a good defense)

Lefevour: 43 attempts, 23 completions, 250 yards, 53.5% completions, 5.8 ypa, 2 TDs, 1 int

Tebow: 13 attempts, 10 completions, 154 yards, 76.9% completions, 11.8 ypa, 2 TDs, 0 int

Also, just to drive the point home, final scores:

CMU 17 UGA 56

UF 49 UGA 10

Now normally I'm not a huge fan of statistical analysis in these kinds of situations, but when you have an example like this against the exact same team in the same year, and with this kind of discrepancy in the statistics, its pretty hard to argue against.

It also makes the point that when Tebow is ripping off 11.8 ypa, he is NOT dinking and dunking down the field in a short passing offense that inflates his stats, as some anti-Tebow/anti-logic sentiment on this board suggests (For the record, Tebow's career ypa at UF was a whopping 9.4 - Lefevour's was 7.3). 11.8 ypa is a flipping first down per attempt, which is SHREDDING the same defense that held mighty Lefevour and company to a meager 17 points.

Conclusion: Tebow is the real deal. Lefevour is not worthy of cleaning the dirt of out Tebow's cleats.

Disclaimer: this is my opinion which is backed by actual, real life FACTS. If you don't like it, post something more compelling.

Where he played is one of the worst arguements to make, how he played is much more relevant, and how he played was great, record breaking, and elite level.

Ahem. See above. Also look at the following college career statistics for each:

----------- rating att comp % yrds ypa TD INT TD:int

Tebow 176.0 985 661 67.1 9286 9.4 88 15 5.9

Lefevo 142.9 1763 1171 66.4 12905 7.3 102 36 2.8

So ultimately, against far superior competition, Tebow was overwhelmingly superior statistically speaking (in every category in fact when you account for the difference in passing attempts - Lefevour had nearly twice as many attempts), and against the exact same competition, the above statistical analysis speaks for itself. Do you still want to continue this argument?

What is slicing and dicing? Lefevour accounted for more touchdowns, less turnovers, and a high ypa. He just didn't have as many attempts as Robinson.

You may want to look at my Tebow vs Lefevour statistics above, because if memory serves me correctly, you were one of those saying that Tebow was benefiting from a short passing oriented offense (which his career 9.4 yards per attempt pretty much debunks immediately, and is also 2 full YPA more than Lefevour).

Not really. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=300303145

Lefevour accounted for 2 tds and 0 turnovers. Robinson had 1 td and 1 INT. Lefevour also had a higher ypa.

That's stats. Watching the game, Robinson looked most like a future NFL QB. Lefevour, I will admit, looked next best, but mainly because he's a gamer against that level of competition. You could see his arm was not an NFL arm.

That's stats. Watching the game, Robinson looked most like a future NFL QB. Lefevour, I will admit, looked next best, but mainly because he's a gamer against that level of competition. You could see his arm was not an NFL arm.

That's what meant about the stats too. When I was watching the game, I thought he looked the best. Yeah he threw a pick and Lefevour didn't, but so what? Robinson looked like a real NFL QB. Lefevour did too, but just no quite as good.

Practice in shorts is a lot different than playing in an actual game. Every game, inculding the Senior Bowl, DL shows up and produces. That, IMO, means a million times mor than how he looks throwing in shorts.

If he can't throw well in shorts, in perfect weather...he sure as hell is not going to be able to throw in pads, with the weather that comes through Buffalo and the winds that the Ralph sees throughout the season.

I'll pass.