Goodell proposes overtime change. Finally!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I can't believe that many Vikings and Bret Farve pissed and moaned that much that they're willing to change the rules. And not to the college overtime rules which is the most fair, but "field goals don't win games" rule that sounds like at petulent child just lost in Madden by 3 points. But any change is good, right?

Wow, I can't believe that many Vikings and Bret Farve pissed and moaned that much that they're willing to change the rules. And not to the college overtime rules which is the most fair, but "field goals don't win games" rule that sounds like at petulent child just lost in Madden by 3 points. But any change is good, right?

Minnesota voted against it.

I can't believe that the NFL has voted to neuter their own game. One of the best aspects of the NFL is the late 4th quarter drama which has now been snuffed out by providing teams with the safety net of having no sudden death in overtime. Way to pussify the best sport ever fellas. Teams that are in a tie game ballgame with under two minutes to play and the ball on thier own twenty yard line will now take a knee, kill the clock and play for overtime, that's brilliant! B-)