Has Buffalo ever had a more overrated RB than Marshawn Lynch?

39 posts and no one mentions Tinker Bell?

ML will be fine IF he stays out of trouble. Anyone remember the drive in the Toronto Jets game where we had one drive and carried 3 or 4 times for like 68 yards and a TD. Then in the genius of Alex Van Pelt he didn't get the ball after that. I love Fred Jackson, but I was saying, take Fred out and leave ML in. Go with the hot had.

Yeah, let's run him out of town like yall did Willis. He's still producing. He's a twit no doubt, but he can run the football.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if Shawn Bryson was going to get brought up. You were actually making a good point until you mentioned Schobel and then it all fell apart.

My reasoning for mentioning Schobel is probably the same reason that you said that Lynch was overrated.....I just don't like the guy. My girlfriend used to cut his, and his sons hair in OP and she would come home and tell me how much trash that he would talk about the Bills, Buffalo, and his teammates. But that is insignificant in this discussion. So I will that that he is not a terrible player but I do feel that he is very overrated and definitely over paid. He the best game of his career this year in week 1 against new england, but other than that he has always padded his stats in situations that we meaningless to the outcome of the game. Like this season when I think he had 2 or 3 sacks against Atlanta, after the route was complete. He lost way to much weight and is well below average in stopping the run, although i do give him credit for hustling after the back gets to the 2nd and 3rd level to make tackles.....but that's not what he's paid to do. He makes around $8 million a year to be a speed rusher that constantly over pursues and allows the quarterback to step up in the pocket easily. I know that he has good numbers but we all know stats can be deceiving sometimes and in his case they def are. There are several other DE's in the league that make the same money as Schobel (or at least in the ballpark) that I would rather have...........And of course this doesn't matter now with the 3-4 being organized. We would actually benefit if he retires. There is no way he can play DE and I highly doubt that he can make the switch to olb this late in his career or that he even wants to.

most overrated rb IMO is Peterson. I had him on my fantasy team last year and so i know for a fact that he only got his yards against shity defenses (plays the lions, packers, bears 2 times a year) and was only 5th in the league in rushin even though he has a stellar offensive line. He got 600 yards less then chris johnson who's o line and qb are not nearly as good. And his league leading 18 TDs were bull **** because 14 of them were of 5 yards or less, most of them being about 1 yard scores. I believe Marshawn would be better than peterson if they switched teams.

Not sure I agree with everything you said, but you're right that AP has a far better offensive line . Two pro bowlers on the left in Hutchinson and McKinnie, and that rookie RT Loadholt (who I wish the bills would've taken) is a killer run blocker. I watched every Minny game this year and it just seemed like AP wasn't seeing the holes. Even Percy Harvin and Chester Taylor were taking advantage of the blocking, but not Adrian as much.

Combine that with Minny's top rated passing game for opposing defenses to worry about and yes, AP certainly underacheived this year, esp in the second half of the year.

Lynch isn't a home run hitter like AP, so it's hard to compare that. They're both intense, physical and seem like they enjoy contact.

We absolutely need two good backs though, and Lynch isn't going anywhere unless Gailey sees an attitude problem which I doubt he will. His trade value isn't that high right now anyway and Nix knows it. Marshawn may be a slug off the field but he seems like he wants to win and do well for his team. I've never seen the guy quit for a second.

I hope he stays I like watching his crazy ass shifty tough style. I think Gailey will use Roscoe and Lynch more frequently than Jauron did.

Tim Tinsdale :lol:

Tindale was an undrafted free agent out of Canadian university football, so it is a little hard for him to be over rated. With Mcgahee naming himself the best running back in football kinda seals the deal for me.

He's a homerun hitter who only went deep twice last year.

He's a "beast" that gets stood up at the line of scrimmage.

He's a punk ass B word that snatches $20s out of the hands of women.

As far as I can see, he's a poor man's Adrienne Peterson, and by poor man I mean broke ass bum living on the streets eating out of a dumpster poor. I'd take a 5th round pick and a bag of chips for this POS.

:lol:

Who is overrating him? He is the backup running back on a terrible team and lost his starting job to a guy who wasn't even drafted? He is probably rated about where he belongs.

Marshawn Lynch either has:

1) Poor field vision for a running back.

2) Poor instincts for a running back.

He is a physical specimen (when he's in shape) but he didn't appear to be in great shape last year. I think he may have bulked up too much.

Marshawn has very little trade value right now and his base salary is very reasonable so I think it's best if the Bills hold onto him for one more year and hope he gets back on the right track.

Lynch's physical running style does have a chance to be successful in the new offense.

Off-the-field stuff aside, I'm afraid that Marshawn might have a career curve similar to Marion Barber (who regressed badly this year). When a running back absorbs that much punishment, it's not conducive to a long, productive career.

As far as I can see, he's a poor man's Adrienne Peterson, and by poor man I mean broke ass bum living on the streets eating out of a dumpster poor. I'd take a 5th round pick and a bag of chips for this POS.

:lol:

Q: Has Buffalo ever had a more overrated RB than Marshawn Lynch?

A: at #1 rb omg he is overrated - at #2 rb he's better than most by a lot

his style is not bust a long run..so your wrong there...

what game was it he got stood up at the line BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT A DAY IN LIFE... marshawn always drags atleast 2 players..thats his style...he fights for yards thats what a beast does...your wrong again...

and i need proof he stole $20 dollars not gossip..why bring that up with no proof????

and marshawn may not be better than AP but he holds on to the ball..LOL..he doesnt have a bad case of fumbleitis like AP...lol..i bet you would have traded up joe montana for 20 red skittles, 5 blue m&ms and 4 reese cups huh?....

agreed

he shouldnt a had an unregistered gun, but big deal...he wasnt doin anything wrong, got profiled cause of where he was at in LA

:beer:

..........dismissed. :wallbash:

Antowain Smith. Big, Strong back that ran like a little prepubescent girl. He still had a couple of decent linemen blocking for him too...

Yea that's why he went to the Patriots and got a super bowl ring after he left Buffalo, plus He ran for 1,157 yards and 12 touchdowns in the regular season.

Like I've said many times, Lynch is a freight train and needs a hole. Fred Jackson is like a Jaguar and just needs a crease. A crease is about all he got last season as he gained most of that yardage on his own IMO. He is more elusive then Lynch and its why he got the starting job.

Chan Gailey is noted for building power running games in the past, let see what he does in Buffalo with 2 good backs.