Matt hasselbeck

Nice. I have a Rob Johnson jersey rotting in my closet myself. So, I'm with you. I just can't get there with Trent. He is just to wimpy. I want a QB to go out and make some plays and take some chances. I hated listening to him say how he took what the defense gave him and that teams took away T.O. and Trent. He just isn't a real NFL QB in my opinion.

I cannot bear to watch him play anymore.

I have a RJ jersey in my closet too. It's not rotting though. I still wear it AND my Quinn Early jersey too.

What convinced me that Trent was not an NFL QB leadership motivator take charge guy was in the 2nd Patsies game last year. With about 40 seconds to go int he first half, we get down to about the patsie 30. DJ doesn't get the play in on time so Trent has no one telling what to do. (Clock is running) So he runs over the sidelines to see what play Daddy wants him to run. The clock ran down to about 10, we ran one play and the 1/2 was over. Can you ever imagine Jim Kelly or Roger Staubach or John Elway or Drew Brees doing this? He lost me on that one.

If they would trade him for Fitz and Edwards straight up, and the bills still bring in either a top 5 QB in this draft, or someone like Troy Smith to compete with him for the top spot and allow whomever isn't dealt bewteen Fitz and Edwards to fight for a backup job or be cut, I'm all for it. If you bring him in for a year to start the first few games til a 1st or 2nd rounder is ready to take over, and then to mentor as a backup, I would be for it. Leave Brohm as the #3 and develop him too

QUINN EARLY heheheheeh YES...that guy was the best heheheh...I loved that dude...

But, he ran over to "daddy" because "daddy" had a leash on everyone...his job was at stake...

also, no I couldn't imagine Kelly doing that, but he came in with pro experience...I've SEEN Elway do that...and Brees, never seen him do it, but I'm sure he would...

I have a RJ jersey in my closet too. It's not rotting though. I still wear it AND my Quinn Early jersey too.

What convinced me that Trent was not an NFL QB leadership motivator take charge guy was in the 2nd Patsies game last year. With about 40 seconds to go int he first half, we get down to about the patsie 30. DJ doesn't get the play in on time so Trent has no one telling what to do. (Clock is running) So he runs over the sidelines to see what play Daddy wants him to run. The clock ran down to about 10, we ran one play and the 1/2 was over. Can you ever imagine Jim Kelly or Roger Staubach or John Elway or Drew Brees doing this? He lost me on that one.

HA! i have an early jersey too

If they would trade him for Fitz and Edwards straight up, and the bills still bring in either a top 5 QB in this draft, or someone like Troy Smith to compete with him for the top spot and allow whomever isn't dealt bewteen Fitz and Edwards to fight for a backup job or be cut, I'm all for it. If you bring him in for a year to start the first few games til a 1st or 2nd rounder is ready to take over, and then to mentor as a backup, I would be for it. Leave Brohm as the #3 and develop him too

After thinking this over, I like this idea best. Draft a decent QB and have him and Brohm develop under Hasselback for a year or two and see what happens.

After thinking this over, I like this idea best. Draft a decent QB and have him and Brohm develop under Hasselback for a year or two and see what happens.

Exactly, Hasselbeck is not a long term answer, and the Bills aren't close enough to being a "contender" that they are only a QB away from playoffs or a SB. Bring him in for a year or 2 to help groom and develop a 1st/2nd round QB (depending on how long that QB needs to start) and help bring along Brohm. Bringing in Hasselbeck should not mean they won't draft a QB early, so thats why they need to try and deal Edwards or Fitz to Seattle so they don't give up a decent pick.

The only reason I don't see Matt on the trading block is for the same reason I would be for bringing him to Buffalo. Whitehurst has 0 NFL game experience, who is going to be there for them to bring him along or if he struggles? I believe that he is the heir to the offence when Hasselbeck is gone, but I don't think he is matts replacement this year. By trading someone like Edwards or Fitz, it gives them an experienced starter to backup Whitehurst or start until he is ready

No thanks,

With our inexperienced line, even with OT taken at 9, Hasslebeck wouldn't last 3 games. He is pretty much broken down and in no way would anyone bank on him lasting the season. Hence the seahawks move for Whitehurst.

I would have no problem with putting his sister in law in a Jills uniform though

Garcia, Hasslebeck, Vick, Grossman, D. Anderson.....and the list goes on and on. Just because these guys experienced some success for another team doesn't mean they'll reproduce it on a rebuilding team with questions everywhere. Hasslebeck's best landing spot would be to back up Romo, Rodgers, Matt Ryan etc...

Not as our "saviour"

I don't see the upside to bringing someone like this in. Let somebody young play and develop, enough with stop gaps that will get us no where but 7-9

bmh - you may be right - but perhaps if they do bring in a veteran they are comfortable with at qb - just maybe they will concentrate the entire draft to olt, dt/nt, olb, & wr. i say this knowing we need a future qb badly - one that will be our guy for 6-8 years or so and he is not it. but we have soooooo many holes to fill - i am afraid that no matter how good gm nix and coach gailey are that it will take more than just this year to get us where we need to be.

Matt Hasselbeck is a slightly less successful Trent Dilfer, IMO.

Trent Dilfer?? Matt Hasselbeck is well thought of. THAT IS IMPORTANT!!! We can't attract legit free agents, coaches, etc. until we have a QB that commands respect. No one would argue that Edwards/Fitz/Brohm don't do that.

Buddy - get him in here!!!

Does a "stopgap" actually have to play QB? Is there any expectations with a "stopgap?" I know that everybody we could get would be a "stopgap," and that is a puzzling concept to me.

Hasslebeck is not going to draw any FA's here, or make us a respectable franchise just by being on the roster. He would provide us with a QB that knows what it takes to win a few games in the NFL, and it's hard to win in the NFL.

This better be a joke.

Not really a joke I don't think...I mean Hasselbeck has 26,000 yards and 165 TD's...no SB wins.....Dilfer has 20,000 yards and 113 tds....what's fifty TD's between friends????...hehehehe...

Still Hasselbeck only threw 17 this season...Trent Edwards could do that...what's the point?...I thought we wanted to UPGRADE...Hasselbeck is nothing special...especially not anymore