Mitchel to the outside

Bills | Mitchell could play OLB - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:48:50 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of The Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills LB Kawika Mitchell could play outside linebacker in the team's 3-4 defensive alignment.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/6094/nfl/news#ixzz0iZ7cHTvM

Very little here. Most of us know he could be moved out but this doesn't mean he will be. JMO

Mitchell will be a great OLB in a 3-4...he's got the speed and the pass rushing ability to be a real force in the scheme...I love it...it is where he should be...then Poz and Davis inside...

Just Maybe Maybin will have to step up because Shobel won't return I don't think and we won't go out and get Porter...if we did though???...dayum that would be a LB core to envy...

I`d like to see Mitchell and Davis inside . Both are bigger than the Poz and I think Poz is faster and good in coverage. Now get Porter for the other side to teach Money Maybin a thing or two. :rolleyes:

I don't think Poz is known for his speed at all. He is mostly known for his football intelligence. He should play inside with Davis. Mitchell should be outside. That is where he played in his one year with the giants and that was a good year for him. So OLB in the 3-4 seems ideal for him.

The only reason Mitchell was slated to be an ILB earlier is because ILB is the 2nd most important position in the 3-4, right after NT. And mitchell and Poz were the only LBs that were worth a damn on this team. But now that we have davis to play inside, mitchell can move to the outside. But the bills could do something different. Never know what these coaches are thinking.

I always thought Mitchell was a little slow actually. He can rush the passer from the inside better and i think that's where most of his pressure came from. I would like to see Poz try the outside along with Ellison. Maybin should be the starting OLB, but he has a lot to prove.

Does anyone have the source? I looked a while and couldn't find it.

This is all it says. Quite a leap to start a thread which states as a matter of fact Mitchell to the outside.

"Davis joins an inside linebacking corps that includes Paul Posluszny and Kawika Mitchell. When the Bills switched to the 3-4, it was presumed Mitchell would move from his weak-side outside role in the 4-3 to the inside. The three could battle it out for two starting positions. It's also possible Mitchell still could play on the outside."

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/16/9898...with-davis.html

Buff News article linked on the front page.

ok, thanks, got it. If anyone else is interested, it was a mention in his Andra Davis article

Davis joins an inside linebacking corps that includes Paul Posluszny and Kawika Mitchell. When the Bills switched to the 3-4, it was presumed Mitchell would move from his weak-side outside role in the 4-3 to the inside. The three could battle it out for two starting positions. It's also possible Mitchell still could play on the outside.

ok, thanks, got it. If anyone else is interested, it was a mention in his Andra Davis article

As mentioned, anyone who read the source article can see that this thread was started under false pretenses. How you say as a matter of fact that "Mitchell to the outside" after reading that article, I'll never know. Then again, a poster on a Bills message board named "move them to LA" is probably just trollin'.

I would like to see Mabin and Mitchell out, Davis and Poz in. The problem i have with Mitchell tho is that he is lumbering and slow and likes to try to tackle with his head and body instead of using his arms for who knows what reason. He takes terrible angles while persuing the ball carrier and easily gets juked on double moves and cutbacks. Things Mitchell does do well is rushing the passer up the gut usualy, tackle hard when he actualy does use his hands and i believe he realy puts his heart into playing and doesn't talk bull **** just to pay lip-service. He is our current best option at OLB, but I like the idea that he can play OLB and MLB that helps provide some insurance in case Poz or Davis go down.