whitehurst to seattle

bkc

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about Cleveland...They could easily take him at #7.

one can only hope - only bradford or no qb in the 1st - only claussen or maybe tebow (if the powers to be believe in him enough - and if they do - i accept that) in the 2nd - then the best rated qb left on our board in the 3rd (which is my favorite scenario)

Yup, every year. It's amazing what a backup QB who looks decent in some preseason/spot relief work will command on the open market. If the Bills had sat Edwards after his first few games as a starter they probably could've found a serious trading partner. Rob Johnson had one good game as a pro and the Bills dealt a first round pick for him. Kevin Kolb would command at least a 2nd. These guys have proven nothing, but young backup QBs who are considered up-and-coming are always overrated.

Yeah, but we are talking about Whitehurst who hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL. So your theory about showing decent in spot relief doesn't apply. If you think they traded for him seeing some pre season action, I would have to disagree. This kind of trade is more of an anomaly. With a team taking a crack at an unproven guy. And in my opinion an unwise, risky move.

Drafting a QB every year to just show him in spot action for trade bait, is at the very least irresponsible.

yeah.... like how to evaluate talent.....

You have to figure that with the Bills having the guy who was with San Diego when they drafted Whitehurst, and could have had him for a 3rd, yet didn't step in and try to make an offer, the bills may know he isn't a given to be anything more then a backup