Troy Smith and FA

I've wondered the same thing. Seems like he is atleast worth bringing in for a conversation.

He was set to be the starter in Baltimore before his tonsilities.

He would at a minimum be able to come in and be a part of a 4 way QB competition with the guys already here and he is clearly better than anyone we might get in Rd5.

We might even be able to work out a trade with Baltimore for a lesser draft pick or for a current roster player.

If he was only tendered with a 5th round pick and is as good of a signing as many people on here believe, why have we not heard much about him since FA started?

I think that's right. The first clue is that Baltimore only tendered him at the 5th round level, pricing him to move. Also, look at the interest Charlie Whitehurst generated.

But you can apply such concerns to anyone - if Dwan Edwards was so good, why did Baltimore let him hit free agency and Denver and Seattle let him leave without making an offer? Why was Andra Davis released?

I think that's right. The first clue is that Baltimore only tendered him at the 5th round level, pricing him to move. Also, look at the interest Charlie Whitehurst generated.

But you can apply such concerns to anyone - if Dwan Edwards was so good, why did Baltimore let him hit free agency and Denver and Seattle let him leave without making an offer? Why was Andra Davis released?

Simple. Balt, Denver and Sea don't have Buddyvision.