What are you doing to celebrate

Chandler#81

I've carried my love of the holiday from my WNY roots to all 9 states I've lived in. For sure, the south doesn't embrace it like us 'Yankees' do, but I've 'made it happen' anyway.

Today, my favorite pub here in Chattanooga is going all out. Of course they're offering Corned Beef & Cabbage and have a river of green draft beer for sale -cheap! But have added a couple great touches! They hired a Bag-Piper, complete with Kilt, the entire female staff will dress like Catholic School girls and they hired a midget! He's all dressed up like the Notre Dame mascot and goes around kickin' people in the shins then runs away! LOL! I'm gonna start a midget-pitchin' contest tonight!

Hope he doesn't mind too much...

Erin Go Bragh!

I'm gonna eat corned beef and cabbage and wear green underwear. That's as wild as I get anymore.

Is the underwear green before or after eating the CB&C? If it's after I suggest finding a new restaurant.

BTW my diet doesn't call for CB&C which really, really sucks because I love that stuff!

Is the underwear green before or after eating the CB&C? If it's after I suggest finding a new restaurant.

BTW my diet doesn't call for CB&C which really, really sucks because I love that stuff!

:thumbdown: One plate shouldn't hurt. All in moderation bro!

I've carried my love of the holiday from my WNY roots to all 9 states I've lived in. For sure, the south doesn't embrace it like us 'Yankees' do, but I've 'made it happen' anyway.

Today, my favorite pub here in Chattanooga is going all out. Of course they're offering Corned Beef & Cabbage and have a river of green draft beer for sale -cheap! But have added a couple great touches! They hired a Bag-Piper, complete with Kilt, the entire female staff will dress like Catholic School girls and they hired a midget! He's all dressed up like the Notre Dame mascot and goes around kickin' people in the shins then runs away! LOL! I'm gonna start a midget-pitchin' contest tonight!

Hope he doesn't mind too much...

Erin Go Bragh!

Preparing parmesan chicken, a can of drained and rinsed wax beans, a fruit compote, and bread-machine bread. Nothing green.

I went to the bars on St. Pat's all my life. But the self-serving idiots here in OH voted to ban smoking, and I haven't set foot in one since.

Great to hear about NT! I'm a 'Jack as well. Is Ava's still on Webster St?

I'm more of an Oliver Street drunk, myself.. :w00t:

Yea, Ava's is still there. Can't say I go there very often, I'm more of a Crazy Jakes and Dwyers kinda guy.

:w00t: I used to hang out there back in 1999-2001. Tell Greg I said "hello".

Haha great place...I'll be sure to tell Greg that RayFinkle said hello lol.