Pastor Linked to Luxury

jangalang

Ed Young's Luxurious Lifestyle

I don't know if any of you watch Ed Young on tv or go to one of his churches in Dallas or Miami, but this investigation is interesting. To sum it up, he is linked to owning a private jet and having a home valued at over $1 million in Dallas. Besides that, I personally know for a fact he has a home in Coconut Grove, FL that's valued at over $1 million. So, while he preaches the gospel successfully, he also abuses his riches.

It doesn't seem we have many church-goers on here, but any thoughts?

I don't know if any of you watch Ed Young on tv or go to one of his churches in Dallas or Miami, but this investigation is interesting. To sum it up, he is linked to owning a private jet and having a home valued at over $1 million in Dallas. Besides that, I personally know for a fact he has a home in Coconut Grove, FL that's valued at over $1 million. So, while he preaches the gospel successfully, he also abuses his riches.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven.

He's running a huge business and can afford the lifestyle. Did he ever say differently?

IMO, anyone who believes that any televangelist, Benny Hinn seems to be the worst, truly believes in God is an idiot. Personally I believe that in their heart of hearts they are atheists. How could someone, who truly believes in God, do the things they do? I think they see it as a way to prey on the old and weak who believe in something they find mythological and view their believers with contempt.

I forget who it is but a couple of televangelists have "spoken in tongues" to each other in front of their audiences. If you are stupid enough to fall for that then please send me a $1,000 because I just spoke to God and he told me that everyone who sends me $1,000 can get a free pass to heaven. They will also get to go into the pearly gates express lane because I can reduce their sins to seven items or less.

:wallbash:

IMO, anyone who believes that any televangelist, Benny Hinn seems to be the worst, truly believes in God is an idiot. Personally I believe that in their heart of hearts they are atheists. How could someone, who truly believes in God, do the things they do? I think they see it as a way to prey on the old and weak who believe in something they find mythological and view their believers with contempt.

How do you reach that conclusion? People who believe in god can't do awful things?

I forget who it is but a couple of televangelists have "spoken in tongues" to each other in front of their audiences. If you are stupid enough to fall for that then please send me a $1,000 because I just spoke to God and he told me that everyone who sends me $1,000 can get a free pass to heaven. They will also get to go into the pearly gates express lane because I can reduce their sins to seven items or less.

:doh:

I'm a Christian and I do not watch any of the "Christian stations" on a regular basis. It is because of the way that SOME always seem to be giving you a reason you need to send them money. It can be pretty bad at times. The day it really hit me was when I was watching a program and a guy was saying "Sew a $1,000 seed and receive a Boaz annointing". There is a specific story of this in the book of Acts where a former sorcerer asked Peter how much it would cost him to buy the gift of healing. Peter rebuked the man sharply in front of everyone saying that you cannot buy the gift of God. The sad thing is that people fall for it left and right without even thinking twice. God will bless the person giving with the right heart intents, but these so called "preachers" bring reproach to the name of Christ and are doing nothing more than heaping coals upon their own heads. I believe these are the ones that will stand before Jesus saying "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, did we not cast out demons in Your name, do mighty wonders in Your name?" And then they will hear the most dreaded words ever uttered, "Depart from Me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you."