Disconnect in Scouting

Agreed. I love the fact Nix says he wants to hire MORE scouts. Man that is awesome

Just think, having Levy and Brandon as the nexus of the scouting operation never made sense. Neither had the scouting experience to challenge or further explore a position on any particular prospect.

That also means that when Levy and Brandon were two of the top four making choices, the other two were Wilson and Jauron. So basically. we were f&%#ed. Brandon knew marketing not scouting players. Levy knew coaching (ten years prior) not talent evaluation per say. He had Polian and Butler for that. Wilson is an owner not a scout for crying out loud. And I wouldn't trust Dick Jauron to get the coffee. So there were our four: Brandon, Levy, Wilson, and Jauron.

Just think, having Levy and Brandon as the nexus of the scouting operation never made sense. Neither had the scouting experience to challenge or further explore a position on any particular prospect.

i agree, it is truly amazing how the past three years set the franchise back. i just wonder who ralph ultimately listens to.

Agreed. I love the fact Nix says he wants to hire MORE scouts. Man that is awesome

sure is awesome

I especially like how he moved fast to make it happen.

he should get around to it right after Ralph opens the purse strings, so there will be no improvement for this draft

6 scouts and 2 part time guys working from home sure seems like a top notch NFL run talent evaluation operation

That also means that when Levy and Brandon were two of the top four making choices, the other two were Wilson and Jauron. So basically. we were f&%#ed. Brandon knew marketing not scouting players. Levy knew coaching (ten years prior) not talent evaluation per say. He had Polian and Butler for that. Wilson is an owner not a scout for crying out loud. And I wouldn't trust Dick Jauron to get the coffee. So there were our four: Brandon, Levy, Wilson, and Jauron.

I think in the end Jauron is the root of this mess. That said he was hired as a coach and the rest kindo fell into his lap.

Either way what a wast of 4 years

i agree, it is truly amazing how the past three years set the franchise back. i just wonder who ralph ultimately listens to.

still can't believe posters give Modrak a free pass

he is the head of college scouting, yet is the one "qualified" guy who did not push for his choices, either because he was never around OBD since he lives in Florida or his talent evaluation skills are severely overrated and based heavily on hindsight.

I think what is truly amazing is that I fully understand the point you are making but contend that those three years actually represented a step forward.