Kennedy tight with Big Pat

bobcat

Having been his teammate for the past season and a half, Bills free agent visitor Jimmy Kennedy is very tight with Pat Williams.

Kennedy said when he told Williams he was coming to visit with the Bills that the former Bills DT couldn’t say enough good things about Buffalo.

“Pat loved this place,” said Kennedy. ”I’m quite sure if he had an opportunity to come back here he would be here. He speaks highly of Buffalo and he loves the fans here. When I told him I was coming out here he told me to go up there and have fun and if you sign there good luck.”

Kennedy has a deep respect for Williams’ game and even indicated that he would wear Williams old number 93 if it was available and he signed here.

“If I come here and his old number is available I’ll consider changing to that number,” said Kennedy. ”That’s how much respect I have for Pat. He’s like a father for the most part. Thirteen years at that nose guard spot, to get the recognition that he gets right now and to be 38 years old. He’s a beast and I love him to death.”

Number 93 however, is currently worn by Chris Ellis.

Having been his teammate for the past season and a half, Bills free agent visitor Jimmy Kennedy is very tight with Pat Williams.

Kennedy said when he told Williams he was coming to visit with the Bills that the former Bills DT couldn’t say enough good things about Buffalo.

“Pat loved this place,” said Kennedy. ”I’m quite sure if he had an opportunity to come back here he would be here. He speaks highly of Buffalo and he loves the fans here. When I told him I was coming out here he told me to go up there and have fun and if you sign there good luck.”

Kennedy has a deep respect for Williams’ game and even indicated that he would wear Williams old number 93 if it was available and he signed here.

“If I come here and his old number is available I’ll consider changing to that number,” said Kennedy. ”That’s how much respect I have for Pat. He’s like a father for the most part. Thirteen years at that nose guard spot, to get the recognition that he gets right now and to be 38 years old. He’s a beast and I love him to death.”

Those are very nice comments. My only concern, is Kennedy an upgrade to our "D" Line? If yes, sign him, and release the player who he replaces.

Alot of us feel the same about Pat and I wanted to burn down the front office when they did not re-sign him.

You mean kinda like now? :censored:

I am not all that upset The only player of that calibur signed with chicago and IMO was not worth what he would have cost. Pat Williams signed a 3 year 13 million dollar contract and we didn't even try.

I am not all that upset The only player of that calibur signed with chicago and IMO was not worth what he would have cost. Pat Williams signed a 3 year 13 million dollar contract and we didn't even try.

exactly. Donahoe and GW wanted a 4-3 and didn't like big pat. plain and simple. Goes to show you that Butler/AJ/Nix saw some talent and those yahoos let it go by the wayside. I very much trust nix and whaley. I like the modest FA signings coupled with a solid draft. Now lets hope they drat well!!!

go bills! STRICT!

this guy would be a great pickup for the BILLS, he brings wisdom of work ethic and how to play WELL at a position that we need, he learned all the little things from two of the best in the game-williams- and his knowledge would help with the scrubs and any new player we may bring in this off season. As to the question of is he an improvement over what we have, the answer is simple------see Bills run d stats for the last few years...........

exactly. Donahoe and GW wanted a 4-3 and didn't like big pat. plain and simple. Goes to show you that Butler/AJ/Nix saw some talent and those yahoos let it go by the wayside. I very much trust nix and whaley. I like the modest FA signings coupled with a solid draft. Now lets hope they drat well!!!

go bills! STRICT!

Donahoe came from an organization that played the 3-4. Williams had just run a 4-3 scheme in Tennessee that was very successful. I'd say the decision was more GW than TD on which specific defense to run.

But for the record, what are the moves Nix and Whaley have made with Buffalo that make you already trust these guys? They've signed a cast-off from the Raiders, cut some camp fodder, and hired some no-name assistants.

And I don't know what the heck "strict" means here.