Rams DE/DT Adam Carriker...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Says he can play DE and DT in the 3-4.

Washington has inquired and several other teams all think he is on the trading block.

Depending on the price...I would certainly take a look at him. He is only 25 years old and he could be a solid force for years to come. He was the 13th overall pick out of Nebraska a couple years ago.

It also says Washington is open to trading Andre Carter who had 11 sacks last year.

Just a couple more options that are out there...that we probably will not look into.

Andre Carter is as bad a fit for the 3-4 as Kelsay. Carriker would be a nice back up I guess - I havent heard a thing about him since he was drafted. We have Willaims/Stroud/Johnson at DE right now I assume. Maybe I missed someone but 3 DEs wont do it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Says he can play DE and DT in the 3-4.

Washington has inquired and several other teams all think he is on the trading block.

Depending on the price...I would certainly take a look at him. He is only 25 years old and he could be a solid force for years to come. He was the 13th overall pick out of Nebraska a couple years ago.

It also says Washington is open to trading Andre Carter who had 11 sacks last year.

Just a couple more options that are out there...that we probably will not look into.

The article said that he could be either a DE or DT, but didn't say that that was true in the 3 - 4 particularly. In that sentence, the word "tackle" is used, but NOT "nose tackle."

Carriker weighs 308, so he would be extremely small for a nose tackle. In a 3 - 4 scheme he is essentially a DE, though I suppose you could use him as a tackle in passing situations or if you ran a one-gap 3 - 4. I don't see us running a one-gap 3 - 4, and we already have guys who can play tackle in passing situations. We need a guy who can play NT on running downs. Carriker isn't that guy.

He doesn't really fit our needs.

We're far enough away now that I'd rather we took the time to develop players that fit the system rather than trying to shoehorn anyone in. I mean, I'd really rather that we decided to build a system around the talent instead, but what can you do?

Carriker has never lived up to expectation being a 1st rounder.

Andre Carter had a monster year for the Redskins. This was due to the arrival of Haynesworth.

He has been labelled not a good fit fot the 3-4 defense. I still can't see them letting him go. He can flat out play.

Say no to both of these moves unless you can pick them up off of waivers....or at least wait until after the draft.

Watchin total access they just mentioned that carriker is an ideal 3-4 DE, if that is the case and his health checks out, it may be worth looking into, however if I hear high motor or try hard in relation to him I want no part of it