Program my XM Radio!

Simon

I just installed an Onyx in the truck and have never had one before so don't know what I should program into the settings (I think there was 10). What stations do y'all like?

I like:

Classic Rock (not that Aerosmith and Boston crap; Zep, Beatles, Jimi, CSNY, Stones, Dylan, etc)

some Jam Bands (Dead, Govt mule, leftover salmon, phish, blues travellerm Bela Fleck i.e. real musicians)

Jazz (from Miles and Coltrane up to the new funk(RIP Wayman Tisdale)

Bluegrass

Older country (Willie, Johnny, Jerry Jeff, Hank, David Allen Coe, NRPS, etc)

some rap (no drum machines and some doink blabbing about his money, his car, his girls, etc. I like real instrument and some heavier lyrics like Spearhead, the roots, etc)

Reggae

tight rock bands like Steely Dan, Dave Matthews, etc

some alternative(not whiny goth dorks or male models lamenting their pale, scrawny girlfriends)

acoustics musicians who can really bring it (Al DiMeola and such)

older rockabilly (Elvis, lil Richard, Jerry Lee, Carl Perkins, etc)

odds and ends like Lyle Lovett, Harry Connick, some Sinatra,

I do NOT like:

modern country (kiddie pop poorly disguised)

hair bands (Def Leppard, Aerosmith, etc)

elevator jazz (I'll fall asleep and crash my truck)

So whaddya all know that I don't? Edumacate 'ol Simon.

I just installed an Onyx in the truck and have never had one before so don't know what I should program into the settings (I think there was 10). What stations do y'all like?

I like:

Classic Rock (not that Aerosmith and Boston crap; Zep, Beatles, Jimi, CSNY, Stones, Dylan, etc)

some Jam Bands (Dead, Govt mule, leftover salmon, phish, blues travellerm Bela Fleck i.e. real musicians)

Bluegrass

some rap (no drum machines and some doink blabbing about his money, his car, his girls, etc. I like real instrument and some heavier lyrics like Spearhead, the roots, etc)

some alternative(not whiny goth dorks or male models lamenting their pale, scrawny girlfriends)

I do NOT like:

Little Steven's Underground Garage. It's like channel 24, 25...something like that. Rough ramshackle rock and roll. Byrds, early Stones early Kinks, rockabilly....the real stuff.

Channel 64 is "Willie's Place," a station curated by Willie Nelson. Pretty solid old school country

32 is all Grateful Dead. Pretty dope seeing they play 2-3 full length gigs a day.

Little Steven's Underground Garage. It's like channel 24, 25...something like that. Rough ramshackle rock and roll. Byrds, early Stones early Kinks, rockabilly....the real stuff.

Channel 64 is "Willie's Place," a station curated by Willie Nelson. Pretty solid old school country

32 is all Grateful Dead. Pretty dope seeing they play 2-3 full length gigs a day.

I like that ramshackle Exile on Main Street sound. I'll be giving the Garage a shot.

I saw one on there called Outlaw Country. If I was going with only 1 country station and I like Horton Heat, Robert Earl Keen, JerryJeff, DAllanCoe and that Luckenbach, Texas sound, would you suggest Willie's Place or the Outlaw station?

Some of these stations I have not listened to...

- Deep Tracks, Classic Vinyl

- Grateful Dead Channel, Jam On

Bluegrass

- Bluegrass Junction

- Outlaw Country, Willie's Place

Reggae

- The Joint

- 1st Wave, Alt Nation

Complete XM Channel Lineup

I like that ramshackle Exile on Main Street sound. I'll be giving the Garage a shot.

I saw one on there called Outlaw Country. If I was going with only 1 country station and I like Horton Heat, Robert Earl Keen, JerryJeff, DAllanCoe and that Luckenbach, Texas sound, would you suggest Willie's Place or the Outlaw station?

Willie's place is more consistent. outlaw sometimes takes a real loose definition of the term "outlaw country." Half the day it breaks down to whomever had a mullet in the early 90s.

I was listening to Willie's Place today and, in a row they played Guy Clark, Townes Van zant, Steve earle, Jerry Jeff walker and george jones. Can't beat that

I like:

Bluegrass

Reggae

odds and ends like Lyle Lovett, Harry Connick, some Sinatra,

I do NOT like:

I don't have XM, Simon, but from your list I can tell you we could hang out and listen to music. No real conflicts from this end.

I have a client with XM in the office and when I am there alone, I listen to channel:

70 Real Jazz (Real good!)

74 Bluesville (Might be BB King's Bluesville now. Very nice.)

There used to be a decent channel called XM Cafe (I think) but it is no more. A good friend recommends Deep Tracks (ch 40).

Good luck!.

I don't have XM, Simon, but from your list I can tell you we could hang out and listen to music. No real conflicts from this end.

I have a client with XM in the office and when I am there alone, I listen to channel:

There used to be a decent channel called XM Cafe (I think) but it is no more. A good friend recommends Deep Tracks (ch 40).

Good luck!.

Is XM Cafe The Coffee House (Sirius) know??? There is is also The Loft.

XM 50/Sirius 29

Willie's place is more consistent. outlaw sometimes takes a real loose definition of the term "outlaw country." Half the day it breaks down to whomever had a mullet in the early 90s.

I was listening to Willie's Place today and, in a row they played Guy Clark, Townes Van zant, Steve earle, Jerry Jeff walker and george jones. Can't beat that

Yeah, that pretty much decided it. Many MANY thanks.

Playboy Radio 99

Howard Stern 100

Howard Stern 101

NFL Radio 124

DONE.

Wtf is playboy radio? Is that media for ugly gals?

And I'd rather go to teh dentist than listen to talk radio.

Yep, those two have both made the cut so far. :rolleyes:

- 1st Wave, Alt Nation

First Wave can be pretty cool, unfortunately they overly rely on goofy new romantic new wave. Lot of flock of segulls, ABC, duran duran etc.

When it's good it's great. When it's bad it's annoying as hell.

If you dig getting a little left of the dial I'd suggest XMU (channel 26?). About 75% awesome indie rock...and 25% terrible indie rock.